A recent family city break to Prague
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4325/35400079504_deaa47cdc7_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4312/35400080014_cacfad91ce_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4301/36068335892_93428c9e01_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4320/35400080634_e7434fad6f_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4297/36068336582_ddc1dbc38f_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4309/35400081324_ef698a72d7_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4312/36068337182_71a358ac88_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4329/36068337452_adf50b1a30_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4296/35400081864_7695cb9df0_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4296/35400082274_47b88cdab2_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4297/36068338042_fdee3cc4a3_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4330/35400082984_401cfae43d_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4293/36068338552_131734c1cc_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4314/35400083524_3669b57d1c_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4311/36068339002_5f2cae383c_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4299/35400084154_e71a11f16b_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4327/36193155186_9eb7e789c2_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4312/35400085104_da6249d0d3_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4314/36193155796_f6ac23b84a_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4323/35400085854_443753fecc_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4302/36193157446_88a6dd443b_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4310/35842611290_0663c7eb0b_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/36193156336_f4b50250e6_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4313/35842611960_0bf933192f_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4311/36193158056_555ccee74b_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4297/35842612370_5d67c1ac8f_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4296/36193158746_4dbd1cea65_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4298/35842612810_17663deda7_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4311/36193159266_f4acbebc90_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4319/36100782891_a623133d68_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4308/36193160056_0ccaa3e1f2_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4299/36100784111_233f45fa8d_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4298/36193160936_edc1bf601e_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4323/36100786171_f9efa4eaa5_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4297/36193161486_71bf5ca339_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4300/35842614050_508f8859f1_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4320/36100787771_a214894417_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4313/36100786591_493fee5371_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4309/35842614380_fb52ff5cca_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4300/36100788271_50f7ffc4da_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4295/36100789281_c5d77dd9d7_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4318/35842614720_58b6ead695_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4311/36100790221_54df0c43be_h.jpg)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4324/36100789481_11a90771ec_h.jpg)
Wow! Thanks for posting all those. Looks like a truly interesting city.
I think the old town is a must see.
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 29, 2017, 06:37:53 AM
Wow! Thanks for posting all those. Looks like a truly interesting city.
Aye - it was.
That statue of the guy on the horse was in Wenslaslas Square - yep - from the Christmas song.
Lots of Americans there. I think most of the rooms in our hotel were out to Americans.
Quote from: Pete Dero on July 29, 2017, 06:47:22 AM
I think the old town is a must see.
It is - but it's very touristy (for good reason) so don't eat or drink there (even though we did) - you will pay considerably more
Great pics, JD. Looks like a nice trip.
Very nice. Always wanted to visit Prague for the historical setting.
Was one of the photos a picture of the old city hall where the two Habsburg flunkeys were thrown out the window, starting the Thirty Years War?
And have they preserved the manure pile that broke their fall?
No idea I'm afraid
We spent a day in Prague on a Danube river cruise. It was one of the places we would like to revisit (along with Budapest). My department has a study abroad group in Prague.
Where'd that old Cadillac come from??
Great pics - been wanting to go to Prague forever. One day.
Great pics, JD :bd:
Nice pictures!
My wife and I just did a cruise on the Danube, starting in Budapest and ending in Nuremberg. It was a great trip. They offered an extension to Prague, which we really would have like to have done, but I couldn't afford the time away.