Anybody play this one? This is a game I've installed and deleted, and installed and deleted and installed, but never really played. The game seems to have really expanded over the years and the background is so damn interesting. I've only gone a few missions, but so far I'm enjoying it and sorry I didn't start playing earlier. For a F2P game, it is extremely content loaded and polished. EXTREMELY.
If you play, let me know and maybe we can go on ops together...
I do, on PS4 as well as on PC.
It's a game I played to death when waiting for Destiny 1 to release. I found Warframe pretty grindy back then. Things have improved, especially since they've added more tilesets and expanded the story. Indeed a game loaded with content!
And this fall they will even release a HUGE update with which the game will start to feature an open world map instead of small pockets for a given territory. It will make the feel of the game much different.
The only thing is that once Destiny 2 launches it will be my shooter of choice without a doubt, so Warframe will once again be on the back burner.
Still, its a high quality game in a very interesting universe.
If steel division MP is still borked I'm up for giving warframe a go. I played it years ago a bit but not at all recently
I played it just far enough, many months ago, to realize I needed to play it more to unlock basic functionality. ;) I would love to restart my character, since I had a highly advanced player friend who already knew the plot constantly talking in my ear about things that didn't usually have much to do with the game, trying to be patient while I got far enough to go on even some basic missions with him. Not his fault, but it kind of ruined the immersion. :buck2:
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to restart a character. Not without paying for slots anyway.
Although apparently I never installed it on my new PC...so I'm not getting on tonight with my lightning fast 34 Mbps down.
Are your handles your Steam handles in game?
Yup. Jarhead0331 wherever possible.
Yup jamus34
I'm pretty sure I'm Sabreman (as my Steam handle), but I'm also pretty sure I'll need a few hours some time to update. ;)
I'll add you lot today.
Invites sent.
Any advice on how best to proceed in leveling up a character? I just finished what I guess is the prologue by defeating Captain Vor. Now, it seems I'm tasked with pretty much going on missions and charting my own course. Not sure I totally understand the modding and equipment upgrade system yet.
If you go to the foundry and then to mods you can watch a short tutorial.
But the gist of it is this:
Every piece of gear has a specific amount of 'slot points' available for mods. This can be increased by levelling the piece.
Each mod has a cost in these slot points. You can only slot as many mods as the slot cost allows for the item.
Each mod has a polarity (little icon in the top corner of the card) and a mod slot might have a polarity as well.
Mods can be slotted in ANY slot, but a wrong polarity doubles it cost, while a similar polarity halves its cost to slot it.
No polarity is just 1x the cost.
The small number/dots in the center bottom of the mod is its fusion level. By fusion you can upgrade mods to make them stronger. Fusion costs resources.
As for missions;
Every planet has one or more ' junctions '. If you hover over these junctions you can see what you will need to do to unlock its bounty.
Once you have unlocked all requirements you can try to unlock the junction by activating it as a mission and battling the boss.
If successful you will unlock the planet (and its missions) the junction connects.
Every planet has mission nodes. You have to play each node at least once (and win the mission) to mark it as 'unlocked' .
Technically, when you have unlocked every node on every planet you have 'beaten' the game, but Warframe is like Diablo. You are constantly driven by gear and new Warframe blueprints to keep playing the game. Missions can be replayed indefinately, except for the special events which show up as timed missions.
These timed missions offer better rewards, but are only available for a limited time.
I don't think there is much of a story. It's more a 'world setting' you play in with friends, grinding levels and gear and having fun. It's not an RPG as far as I understand. More a sandbox co-op shooter with Diablo-like gear progression.
^Thanks. Very helpful.
Check this for in-depth info about the game:
http://warframe.wikia.com/
If we get at least two people online together we could start our Grogheads Clan in game. It will give us our own customizable base and research station! Pretty neat stuff!
Quote from: Yskonyn on August 21, 2017, 10:33:35 AM
If we get at least two people online together we could start our Grogheads Clan in game. It will give us our own customizable base and research station! Pretty neat stuff!
Awesome! GH's space clubhouse!
I accepted your invite.
Yeah aparently you will be able to research stuff in your clan station that is otherwise unavailable to obtain.
If you're available in an hour or so we could quickly set something up?
Quote from: Yskonyn on August 21, 2017, 11:13:00 AM
Yeah aparently you will be able to research stuff in your clan station that is otherwise unavailable to obtain.
If you're available in an hour or so we could quickly set something up?
Nah. Middle of the day here. Hard at work for the man.
Ok, I have an early shift so I'll be asleep when you get home.
I'll try and see if I can start one alone and invite you afterwards to activate the Clan.
First tier is Ghost Clan max 10 members.
Tiers are basically safety features to prevent clans with many members to outpace small Clans.
So for example, for Ghost Clans all construction and research is at base cost. The higher the Tier (and therefore size) of the Clan, the higher the multiplier for construction and research cost will get.
Is there a built in comms system? I have not heard anyone talking in any of my online matches.
I don't know.
Its amazing really. That a small dev team is able to deliver this huge amount of content and have it polished and high quality in merely 4 years. Many AAA studios should take notice of Digital Extremes.
Ok I was able to create a Clan and I have invited Jarhead, Jamus and Jason (tripple J's, yo!) .
Every Groghead is invited to join us! If you're on the fence, please take a look at this honest (in my opinion) and recent review of Warframe's current version:
(Please skip towards the 06:00 minute mark to avoid general banter and history of the author's other games choice)
Its free and you can easily play countless of hours without feeling the need to pay but a dime!
I am sure if we can muster a nice group of people across various timezones we will have a tremendously fun experience among friends!
If the game doesn't feature voice comms for fireteams (have to check this) we can setup a Grogheads Discord server afterall and enable voice comms this way. It would be fun to have live chat among Groggies as well for other things besides Warframe (or other games).
downloading now. hope to give it a go later this evening.
Shot you an invite CptHowdy! :bd:
We need to get some Polymer to be able to craft the Clan key in order to access our Dojo. Will try to farm enough today.
Farmed enough, key is now under construction in my foundry. Will take 12 real hours to finish. Its now 12:32 local time here, so around midnight my time.
Wow this old game has evolved. Maybe time to try it out.
Quote from: Yskonyn on August 22, 2017, 04:00:34 AM
Shot you an invite CptHowdy! :bd:
We need to get some Polymer to be able to craft the Clan key in order to access our Dojo. Will try to farm enough today.
Farmed enough, key is now under construction in my foundry. Will take 12 real hours to finish. Its now 12:32 local time here, so around midnight my time.
I'm building the key too. I'm assuming everyone in the clan needs to build their own key...?
Yup my key should be ready tonight.
Pretty crazy that it takes 12 hours to make a key that far in the future. I can go to Home Depot and have one made in 30 seconds. :crazy2:
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 22, 2017, 06:29:26 AM
Pretty crazy that it takes 12 hours to make a key that far in the future. I can go to Home Depot and have one made in 30 seconds. :crazy2:
But you can make a railgun in 20 minutes. I call that progress
Well, you can Rush build it for platinum. Then all of a sudden it finishes instantly. Platinum aparently has some awesome traits in the future. ;)
Looking at the fairly low cost of the key I am not surprised everyone needs a key.
I should have updated Warframe last night, while I was doing movies with Dad. :buck2:
Quote from: Yskonyn on August 22, 2017, 04:00:34 AM
Shot you an invite CptHowdy! :bd:
We need to get some Polymer to be able to craft the Clan key in order to access our Dojo. Will try to farm enough today.
Farmed enough, key is now under construction in my foundry. Will take 12 real hours to finish. Its now 12:32 local time here, so around midnight my time.
handle in game is redsman1. invite again please!
Ah ok! Lol. There is also a CptHowdy . I'll invite again when online.
Invite sent!
Has anyone visited the Dojo yet? If so, is the Research station something that needs to be built or is it already there?
Quote from: Yskonyn on August 23, 2017, 04:56:22 AM
Ah ok! Lol. There is also a CptHowdy . I'll invite again when online.
Invite sent!
Has anyone visited the Dojo yet? If so, is the Research station something that needs to be built or is it already there?
got friend invite. no clan invite though so havent accessed anything yet.
Sorry Capt, must have forgotten to do the clan invite as well. Will fix that later today/. o/
Ok people,
I have added a few decorations to our central Hall, plus an Ascension machine. Furthermore I have expanded the left wing with a new room called "Oracle"; this basically is the starting block to be able to connect other research related rooms to our Dojo.
Every item and room needs resources to be built, so please make an effort to contribute to the build queue.
You can approach an item or room entrance and then choose to contribute resources.
There is a crapton of rooms and decorations available. Many of it advanced stuff. Have a look through the options and post here ideas about how you would like to see the Dojo expand!
Sweet! I'll try to check it out tonight!
up to mastery rank 5. the grind is strong with this one! got the frost prime warframe for signing up with amazon prime and linking with twitch account. promptly cancelled after receiving the warframe in game ;D just built the rhino warframe and leveling that up. farmed the parts for the mag warframe and am building that now. my kubrow egg has hatched and about 15 hours from having one for a pet unless the quest consumes it!
Destiny 2 has totally distracted me from this game. I-will-return!
Me too!
Like Jarhead, I had installed and deleted several times in the past without ever really giving it a proper go.
However, I installed it on my PS4 last weekend and haven't been able to stop playing since. It's fantastic! Insane how polished and content- and feature-packed it is considering it's free to play.
Any of you guys still playing? I've just finished levelling my starting Excalibur and a few weapons and I've reached MR3. Of course, in need of a new frame and not being able to resist anything shiny in my whole damn life, I've just bought the Loki and Ember Prime dual pack. ::) I have a lot of errands today but as soon as they're done I can't wait to jump in and start using my new Prime frames. I can't remember the last time such a grindy game made me not mind the grind at all. Maybe Diablo 3.
Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 24, 2018, 03:16:44 AM
Like Jarhead, I had installed and deleted several times in the past without ever really giving it a proper go.
However, I installed it on my PS4 last weekend and haven't been able to stop playing since. It's fantastic! Insane how polished and content- and feature-packed it is considering it's free to play.
Any of you guys still playing? I've just finished levelling my starting Excalibur and a few weapons and I've reached MR3. Of course, in need of a new frame and not being able to resist anything shiny in my whole damn life, I've just bought the Loki and Ember Prime dual pack. ::) I have a lot of errands today but as soon as they're done I can't wait to jump in and start using my new Prime frames. I can't remember the last time such a grindy game made me not mind the grind at all. Maybe Diablo 3.
I just uninstalled mine. Haha.