GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Gusington on August 21, 2017, 06:05:56 PM

Title: Age of Empires 4 Announced
Post by: Gusington on August 21, 2017, 06:05:56 PM
On my phone so I can't link, but it looks like AoE4 will be developed by Relic and published by Microsoft. No word of a release date yet, or features, for that matter.
Title: Re: Age of Empires 4 Announced
Post by: Destraex on August 21, 2017, 06:38:39 PM
http://www.pcgamer.com/age-of-empires-iv-announced/

Being done by RELIC and published by microsoft
Company of heroes 2 in ancient times?
I wonder if microsoft will pull a swifty and this is a halo like snare to ensure we download microsofts windows 10 game centre.
Title: Re: Age of Empires 4 Announced
Post by: jomni on August 21, 2017, 09:59:25 PM
Hmm.  Covers a lot of eras from Ancients to pre-industrialisation.
Title: Re: Age of Empires 4 Announced
Post by: ComradeP on August 22, 2017, 01:04:43 AM
I fear the game will be quite unlike the AoE 1 and 2, though if it's a bit like CoH the fans of 3 might find it appealing.

There's also the smell of "limited initial content, the rest is DLC" that Relic spreads, though.
Title: Re: Age of Empires 4 Announced
Post by: AchillesLastStand on August 22, 2017, 12:19:36 PM
https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2017-22-08-age-of-empires-4-coming-from-relic-entertainment-first-three-games-getting-definitive-edition-remasters

"During the same livestream, Microsoft also announced a release date for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, the remastered version of the first game as October 19 - and confirmed that Definitive Editions of Age of Empires 2 and 3 were also in production".
Title: Re: Age of Empires 4 Announced
Post by: Greybriar on August 23, 2017, 01:03:01 AM
I will probably buy it if it is more like Age of Empires II and less like Age of Empires III.
Title: Re: Age of Empires 4 Announced
Post by: Gusington on August 23, 2017, 07:59:20 AM
Yeah I really didn't like AoE III either, and I bought the big honkin' collectors edition/physical copy. I was not pleased :/
Title: Re: Age of Empires 4 Announced
Post by: vyshka on August 24, 2017, 10:28:42 PM
Quote from: jomni on August 21, 2017, 09:59:25 PM
Hmm.  Covers a lot of eras from Ancients to pre-industrialisation.

I don't think they haven't stated yet what it will cover. I think the announcement video was just showing eras covered by previous games.

Hopefully Relic will try to stay true to the series and not try to make it along the lines of Company of Heroes, or Dawn of War.