Is anyone else having a problem getting their XCOM 2: War of the Chosen key? After three failed attempts to purchase the game from GamersGate (https://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-XCOM-2-WAR-OF-THE-CHOSEN-ROW/xcom-2-war-of-the-chosen), I bought it instead from Green Man Gaming (https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/xcom-2-war-of-the-chosen/). That was a number of hours ago and no key yet.:tickedoff:
It's been widely reported that gree man wa delayed in sending out keys...they are going out now in order of purchase
Just received mine, ordered about a week ago
These problems don't happen on steam. Just sayin'. Once you give in to your anger, your transition to the dark side will be complete. :clap:
No issue with steam for me....own plenty of games there. Green man just lets me save a few $$$$ :).
Yeah. Greenman is usually pretty good.
My last 4 or 5 buys have been through Green Man - they love PC gamers long time.
Not long after I started this thread, I got my key from Green Man Gaming. :P I haven't purchased many games from Green Man Gaming and this was the first time I'd had a problem with them.
Quote from: Greybriar on August 29, 2017, 02:33:12 PM
Not long after I started this thread, I got my key from Green Man Gaming. :P I haven't purchased many games from Green Man Gaming and this was the first time I'd had a problem with them.
No wonder you haven't been around...too busy playing!?
I just went to GMG, bought the game, and got the keys immediately. So apparently they have conquered the backlog.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 29, 2017, 02:52:13 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on August 29, 2017, 02:33:12 PM
Not long after I started this thread, I got my key from Green Man Gaming. :P I haven't purchased many games from Green Man Gaming and this was the first time I'd had a problem with them.
No wonder you haven't been around...too busy playing!?
Busy like from morning to night. I probably shouldn't have bought
War of the Chosen, but I've managed to play it a few hours. Hopefully I can do the same tonight.
Too many games and not enough time to play them.
Although I haven't played much yet, one nice addition I noticed on startup was for people who weren't a big fan of timers.....there is now an option to DOUBLE the time limits. Also read that it seems the number of timer missions have been reduced as well. To activate this option, its not in the most obvious place. Instead of being in the main options screen in the main menu.....when you start a new game, there will be a menu of limited settings you can change. One of the menu options is for "Toggle Advanced Options View". Go into that and you'll see more options, including the option to double time limits.
I know this might not be for everyone, but I like taking my time and glad they included an option that allows me to play how I like to play:)
I received the following email from Green Man Gaming this morning:
Quote from: Green Man Gaming
Hi Greybriar
As you are undoubtedly aware, yesterday's launch of XCOM 2: War of the Chosen did not go smoothly for us. Not only did we miss the launch time for the game, but the process to deliver keys to everyone who had preordered the game was painfully slow. To say that this is not what you should expect from Green Man Gaming is an understatement, and it has served as a major lesson for everyone who works here.
This was not our finest hour.
You probably have your hands full dealing with The Chosen at the moment, but once you've won the war (we believe in you!) here are 6 games, on us, to keep you entertained while you wait for the next challenge.
*Free game voucher lasts until 1st October 00:59 UTC and is only redeemable on XCOM Apology Pack.
Plus bonus -10% voucher**
Don't forget to sign in and apply the code** to your cart before you checkout.
** -10% voucher expires 1st October 00:59 UTC and is applicable on any PC games at our store only (excludes selected titles).
Please also find attached a 10% discount voucher that you can redeem on a new game from Green Man Gaming.
Again, we'd like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced, and rest assured we won't let this happen again.
Green Man Gaming
The XCOM Apology Pack linked to in the email led to this product page (https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/xcom-apology-pack/) that includes:
The Last Door Season One Story of the Survivor Huntsman The Orphanage Edge of Twilight - Return to Glory Corporate Lifestyle Simulator Aporia Beyond the ValleyIt looks like their heart is in the right place. :)
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 30, 2017, 05:48:01 AM
Although I haven't played much yet, one nice addition I noticed on startup was for people who weren't a big fan of timers.....there is now an option to DOUBLE the time limits. Also read that it seems the number of timer missions have been reduced as well. To activate this option, its not in the most obvious place. Instead of being in the main options screen in the main menu.....when you start a new game, there will be a menu of limited settings you can change. One of the menu options is for "Toggle Advanced Options View". Go into that and you'll see more options, including the option to double time limits.
I know this might not be for everyone, but I like taking my time and glad they included an option that allows me to play how I like to play:)
That's awesome.
So ends the War of the Chosen Keys!
(Rushing out to trademark that for my fantasy series someday...)