QuoteLegendary television actor Andy Griffith, who made a name for himself with his self-titled comedy "The Andy Griffith Show" and later on the long-running series "Matlock," has died at the age of 86.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/07/03/legendary-television-actor-andy-griffith-dead-at-86-report-says/#ixzz1zaggzgVi
This was sad to see. I remember enjoying watching reruns of "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Matlock" with my parents when I was growing up.
My uncle had an original 45 of his "What it Was Was Football" comedy sketch. It's hilarious! If you've never heard it before, check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxLxTZHKM8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxLxTZHKM8)
^Not a big fan of his major shows, but I do think he was a great guy and am sad that he passed. He did have some show in the 80s about a guy who built his own rocket out of scrap materials that I liked as a kid. Don't remember the details but the concept was fun.
RIP Andy.
Grew up with watching Andy and Opie and the crew. As of late, We've got to hear a number of his comedy routines on our Sirius XM on drives. He would have made a very good stand-up artist as well. Sad to see him go.
RIP Andy.
Andy Griffith provided a lot of entertainment for a lot of people for many years.
Rest in peace, Andy.