GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Music, TV, Movies => Topic started by: MetalDog on September 10, 2017, 09:48:00 PM

Poll
Question: 1975 Championship
Option 1: This is the 1/2 matchup.  Please pick one. votes: 0
Option 2: 1 Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen votes: 6
Option 3: 2 Kashmir - Led Zeppelin votes: 6
Title: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1975 Championship
Post by: MetalDog on September 10, 2017, 09:48:00 PM
Unless you have a bias towards one or the other, I think this is possibly the most difficult Final so far.  It doesn't matter which song you pick, you are getting an all time classic.  I already know what I am picking and why, now, let's see what you all think.  Have at!


The 1/2



Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1975 Championship
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 11, 2017, 05:02:18 AM
I'm abstaining.  Not a fan of either, so I don't care.

(Note: I get why they're both here; just sick of one and never liked the other)
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1975 Championship
Post by: MetalDog on September 14, 2017, 10:30:28 PM
And the winner is...Bohemian Rhapsody!!  Bummed to see Kashmir lose, but...ok, there's no but.  I hate to see Kashmir beat by Bohemian Rhapsody.  Not because I dislike the song but because I like Kashmir better.  In any event, thank you all for voting!
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1975 Championship
Post by: jamus34 on September 15, 2017, 07:38:25 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 14, 2017, 10:30:28 PM
And the winner is...Bohemian Rhapsody!!  Bummed to see Kashmir lose, but...ok, there's no but.  I hate to see Kashmir beat by Bohemian Rhapsody.  Not because I dislike the song but because I like Kashmir better.  In any event, thank you all for voting!

In defense that it came to a push should mean something. I was somewhat ambivalent as BR has been overplayed but there are a ton other Zepplin songs I like more than Kashmir.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1975 Championship
Post by: MetalDog on September 15, 2017, 08:04:01 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on September 15, 2017, 07:38:25 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 14, 2017, 10:30:28 PM
And the winner is...Bohemian Rhapsody!!  Bummed to see Kashmir lose, but...ok, there's no but.  I hate to see Kashmir beat by Bohemian Rhapsody.  Not because I dislike the song but because I like Kashmir better.  In any event, thank you all for voting!

In defense that it came to a push should mean something. I was somewhat ambivalent as BR has been overplayed but there are a ton other Zepplin songs I like more than Kashmir.

I agree on both counts.  But I have taken the position that it's better to include as many of the most popular, well known songs as possible.  If I put in what I really liked, most of you would be asking me if I had taken my meds that day ;)