GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Music, TV, Movies => Topic started by: Nefaro on September 11, 2017, 02:00:29 AM

Title: Comrade Detective (2017 - A. Prime)
Post by: Nefaro on September 11, 2017, 02:00:29 AM
Satirical 'buddy cop' comedy series... set in 1983 communist Romania.   <:-)

The Jordache jeans *capitalist invasion* bits get better in each scene they come up.  Plus the communist propaganda satire throughout.  :2funny:




That look on his face & "Drop the f%&#in' jeans!!"   :DD



Another scene, directly after this one, had me laughing pretty good when a detective's daughter happens to pick up a pair they had brought back to his home.  The actors' facial expressions, when witnessing what they consider capitalist behavior, is hilarious in the couple episodes I've seen thus far.   
Title: Re: Comrade Detective (2017 - A. Prime)
Post by: Staggerwing on September 11, 2017, 06:37:32 AM
I saw the first ep a while back and it is indeed enjoyable.
Title: Re: Comrade Detective (2017 - A. Prime)
Post by: Nefaro on September 11, 2017, 01:27:15 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on September 11, 2017, 06:37:32 AM
I saw the first ep a while back and it is indeed enjoyable.


I thought the second and third episodes were better than the first.  The faux communist propaganda bits, and their jabs at the "capitalist wh*res" get better.  :))
Title: Re: Comrade Detective (2017 - A. Prime)
Post by: Staggerwing on September 11, 2017, 06:06:29 PM
Oh, I'll watch more no worries.  O0
Title: Re: Comrade Detective (2017 - A. Prime)
Post by: BanzaiCat on September 11, 2017, 08:13:29 PM
A good show. I caught the first episode.  O0