GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: Greybriar on September 16, 2017, 09:36:08 PM

Title: Obituaries / Death Notices
Post by: Greybriar on September 16, 2017, 09:36:08 PM
Am I the only one who misses seeing posts about famous people who have died recently in the General Discussion or Current Events forums? Now it appears to be necessary to visit the Music, TV, Movies board (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?board=14.0) to find the news about recent deaths of musicians and actors; the Sports board (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?board=11.0) to read the news about recent deaths of athletes; the Books & Reading forum (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?board=32.0) to read the news about recent deaths of authors; etc. It seems a waste of time to me.

When I read the obituaries in my local paper, there is a section devoted to them. The famous personalities are on the front page. Can't we do something similar here? I'm not suggesting a subforum devoted entirely to the subject of deaths of notable people (or perhaps even us forum members some day in the distant future), but permit threads to be started in the Current Events forum, for example.

What do you think?
Title: Re: Obituaries / Death Notices
Post by: OJsDad on September 16, 2017, 10:05:48 PM
I would say if anything, I'd make a sub category for obits.  I've always tried to put the obits that I post in the appropriate section for what the person was know for, except for politicians, whom I would place in current events. 
Title: Re: Obituaries / Death Notices
Post by: bayonetbrant on September 18, 2017, 04:06:42 PM
I'm interested to hear what others think, too.
Title: Re: Obituaries / Death Notices
Post by: Steelgrave on September 18, 2017, 04:29:42 PM
I think OJsDads' solution is good. Putting it under Current Events will keep folks from having to dig around and it does make sense to have obits in one place. And old guys like me, well....it will be the first place I check every morning to make sure I'm not listed.   :buck2:
Title: Re: Obituaries / Death Notices
Post by: Pete Dero on September 19, 2017, 03:07:59 AM
I click on 'Show unread posts since last visit'  (above left of the screen) and then it doesn't matter where it is was posted.
Title: Re: Obituaries / Death Notices
Post by: mirth on September 19, 2017, 08:05:27 AM
I'm not sure I need a constant reminder of my impending demise.