Poll
Question:
1995 Round of 16
Option 1: This is the 1/16 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 2: 1 Wonderwall - Oasis
votes: 6
Option 3: 16 In the Meantime - Spacehog
votes: 4
Option 4: This is the 8/9 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 5: 8 Ants Marching - Dave Mathews Band
votes: 3
Option 6: 9 Run Around - Blues Traveler
votes: 7
Option 7: This is the 5/12 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 8: 5 Comedown - Bush
votes: 5
Option 9: 12 Self Esteem - Offspring
votes: 5
Option 10: This is the 4/13 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 11: 4 Tomorrow - Silverchair
votes: 2
Option 12: 13 Cumbersome - Seven Mary Three
votes: 8
Option 13: This is the 6/11 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 14: 6 You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette
votes: 4
Option 15: 11 Only Happy When It Rains - Garbage
votes: 6
Option 16: This is the 3/14 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 17: 3 This Is A Call - Foo Fighters
votes: 5
Option 18: 14 Gel - Collective Soul
votes: 5
Option 19: This is the 7/10 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 20: 7 Just A Girl - No Doubt
votes: 4
Option 21: 10 Lump - The Presidents of the United States of America
votes: 6
Option 22: This is the 2/15 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 23: 2 Bullet with Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins
votes: 8
Option 24: 15 Down - 311
votes: 2
1995 has proven to be a year of highs and lows for me. Some of my favorite songs by big bands are in this poll. And some of the songs I despise the most are here as well. And because of that, I found it very difficult to pair songs for the initial round. Some were easy, like Dave Mathews Band versus Blues Traveler, or No Doubt versus POTUS. But I didn't have a clear take on what I wanted as my top seeds. So I would say that of all the polls I've put out since the first few, I find this years Round of 16 the least satisfying in my attempts to seed. As always, I expect you will sort this out to (some of) your satisfaction. Thank you for voting! And putting up with crazy seeds!!
The 1/16
The 8/9
The 5/12
The 4/13
The 6/11
The 3/14
The 7/10
The 2/15
Ouch. This was brutal. There's only one of those that was a slam dunk for me, and the rest might could even go the other way depending on what mood I'm in.
1-16, 5-12, and 6-11 were just evil.
Glad I could help O0
lol. will have to come back to this after work. By name, I only know one song!
If 'Lump' doesn't win it all I will be severely disappointed.
Quote from: Staggerwing on September 18, 2017, 06:29:17 AM
If 'Lump' doesn't win it all I will be severely disappointed.
tangentially related... with peaches being on sale / in season around here right now, I find myself humming POTUSA "Peaches" a lot in the grocery store these days
[yt]https://youtu.be/wvAnQqVJ3XQ[/yt]
Quote from: Staggerwing on September 18, 2017, 06:29:17 AM
If 'Lump' doesn't win it all I will be severely disappointed.
also tangentially related... Weird Al's "Gump" was one of the the best parodies of all time.
[yt]https://youtu.be/hQwWaWFjd0Y[/yt]
Weird Al's just the best....some of his songs are better than what he's parodying O0
Don't be a Canadian Idiot
Ha! I'd never seen that one before. :bd:
Some hard choices...some songs didn't agree with but much like 94 (and I'm going to assume 96 when it comes around) this was my heyday of listening to the radio for 8+ hours a day.
Kinda surprised no Bad Religion for 94/95 - Stranger than Fiction was a huge hit here with multiple singles.
Anyway keep up the good work MD
Quote from: jamus34 on September 18, 2017, 08:28:11 PM
Some hard choices...some songs didn't agree with but much like 94 (and I'm going to assume 96 when it comes around) this was my heyday of listening to the radio for 8+ hours a day.
Kinda surprised no Bad Religion for 94/95 - Stranger than Fiction was a huge hit here with multiple singles.
Anyway keep up the good work MD
Thanks for the good words! O0
Gotta say, I didn't know Infected was a Bad Religion song. Then again, if you had asked me to name a Bad Religion song, I would have told you I couldn't. Now I can name one. Good tune and i liked it when it came out. I have much respect for punk, but, was never a big scene kid. I was mostly AOR growing up.