GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Music, TV, Movies => Topic started by: MetalDog on September 26, 2017, 07:40:51 PM

Poll
Question: 1966 Final 8
Option 1: This is the 1/8 matchup.  Please pick one. votes: 0
Option 2: 1 My Generation - The Who votes: 10
Option 3: 8 Eleanor Rigby - the Beatles votes: 1
Option 4: This is the 4/5 matchup.  Please pick one. votes: 0
Option 5: 4 Paint It, Black - Rolling Stones votes: 10
Option 6: 5 Monday, Monday - The Mamas & The Papas votes: 1
Option 7: This is the 3/11 matchup.  Please pick one. votes: 0
Option 8: 3 (Reach Out) I'll Be There - The Four Tops votes: 2
Option 9: 11 Keep Me Hanging On - The Supremes votes: 9
Option 10: This is the 2/7 matchup.  Please pick one. votes: 0
Option 11: 2 I Got You (I Feel Good) - James Brown votes: 9
Option 12: 7 Up-Tight (Everything's Alright) - Stevie Wonder votes: 2
Title: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1966 Final 8
Post by: MetalDog on September 26, 2017, 07:40:51 PM
There was very little equivocation in the initial round.  Most of the winners rolled over their competition.  We even had a perfect game thrown by the Stones over the Yardbirds.  Shapes of Things didn't get one, single, vote.   The closest match was The Four Tops and The Temptations, 7 to 4.  Seven of the eight higher seeds won.  The glaring exception was The Supremes over Sam and Dave.  Now, there is usually one song that I misjudge in the seeding and you folks either get rid of it in the first round, or vote it through for a deep run, sometimes even winning the whole thing (see 1972).  Keep Me Hanging On is just such a song.  It isn't that I thought the song deserved to be seeded so low, it's a great song, and was just as popular when it was covered a couple other times.  But I really thought that Hold On, I'm Comin' was all time great and there was no way it would lose.  So I guess I didn't misjudge The Supremes, I misjudged Sam and Dave.  In any event, the next round is ready for a go.  Have at!!


The 1/8





The 4/5





The 3/11





The 2/7