GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on September 29, 2017, 06:02:49 AM

Title: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: MetalDog on September 29, 2017, 06:02:49 AM



Today is the last work day before vacation WOOHOO!!!  I got plans for games and yardwork and sleep.  Lots and lots of sleep.  Might even spend a few minutes here during the day to see what goes on when I am making a dollar.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: mirth on September 29, 2017, 06:04:03 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 29, 2017, 06:02:49 AM
Might even spend a few minutes here during the day to see what goes on when I am making a dollar.

you're not missing anything.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 29, 2017, 06:43:45 AM
I really liked Steve Miller Band when I was younger. Haven't really kept up with them though.

Project Cars 2, F1 2017 and work on my Space 1999 Eagle model...maybe get it finished, who knows.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 29, 2017, 07:01:57 AM
Charity airsoft tournament for Brotherhood for the Fallen this weekend. It's a charity that supports the families of police officers killed in the line of duty. 400 participants, 40 teams! Should be a blast.

Anyway, maybe some limited gaming tonight. Will most likely explor total war warhammer part deux.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: JudgeDredd on September 29, 2017, 07:23:43 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 29, 2017, 07:01:57 AM
Charity airsoft tournament for Brotherhood for the Fallen this weekend. It's a charity that supports the families of police officers killed in the line of duty. 400 participants, 40 teams! Should be a blast.
...
O0 :notworthy: O0
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Toonces on September 29, 2017, 07:43:06 AM
That airsoft tourny sounds like fun.  You going to bring that machine gun airsoft you have?
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: mirth on September 29, 2017, 07:44:17 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 29, 2017, 07:01:57 AM
Charity airsoft tournament for Brotherhood for the Fallen this weekend. It's a charity that supports the families of police officers killed in the line of duty. 400 participants, 40 teams! Should be a blast.

Awesome!   O0
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: jamus34 on September 29, 2017, 07:44:35 AM
Off today soooo.

Just grabbed a snes classic "for the kids" but I need to test and make sure it works ;)

Some gaming then goin to see kingsmen.

Then more gaming.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Toonces on September 29, 2017, 07:44:47 AM
Too early to commit to anything, but I hope to play some Total War Rome 2, Cold Waters, and perhaps some Scourge of War.

I reserve the right to change these choices once I actually sit down to play.   >:D
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: JasonPratt on September 29, 2017, 07:47:24 AM
Moar overtime at work!  :bd: :hide:  :pullhair: (I don't get paid OT. But I'm a manager who sits in an air-conditioned office most of the day, so there are pros and cons.)

The ongoing OT has hit hard both directly and indirectly into my gaming, but I'm focused this weekend on getting my DC:Blitz AAR vs Barth caught up so I can play the next turn without simply getting farther behind!

The Crisis Grogs mp game of Fire in the Lake is going along nicely, but I won't be in a position to AAR that for a while -- need to finish Blitzing first.

My CM: Red Thunder match with Ysk continues; I'm getting some good footage there. (We haven't started Successors yet which is probably just as well since I'm about locked up on mp right now. But I'm looking forward to that, too, someday!)

I don't think I've got another ongoing mp game at the moment. In sp, I recently revisited Shadow of Mordor last night and discovered that I had never played the DLC missions, particularly the prequel called The Bright Lord which looks like it's also going to serve as a bit of a thematic bridge to Shadow of War upcoming. ShoM itself is on sale along with several other Warner Brothers games this weekend. (Mad Max is dirt cheap at less than $7.)











(The dusty post-apoc wasteland sandbox is DIRT! CHEAP!)
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Gusington on September 29, 2017, 08:22:30 AM
Mad Max is the bomb-diggity. Is airsoft like paintball for Marines?

Having been smacked around real good this week, and particularly by Darkwood, I am going to retreat into the withered hands of The Witcher 3 and start Hearts of Stone.

Also eagerly anticipating getting sauced on one of my favorite beers - Pumking from Southern Tier Brewery.

Oh and getting moist loins for Shadow of War.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Destraex on September 29, 2017, 08:26:32 AM
Tried ww2 cod.... no good. :(
Felt like I had auto aim on.
Run  n Gun... but hey it's COD.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: sandman2575 on September 29, 2017, 08:35:15 AM
Picked up Sudden Strike 4 on the Steam sale.  I can't recall a game that has so captivated me solely on the basis of design. Everything about this game is beautiful and visually interesting. The vehicle animations -- the way the tanks lumber and come to a halt, leaving tracks in the mud -- even the infantry animations are just incredibly pleasing to behold. The environments / maps are also stunning -- and totally destructible. UI is streamlined and slick.

I have some concerns about the gameplay (truly absurd LOS limitations chief among them, as well as replayability for someone's who's strictly SP player) -- but man, just on the basis of production values, SS4 is a triumph.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 29, 2017, 09:53:36 AM
Quote from: Toonces on September 29, 2017, 07:43:06 AM
That airsoft tourny sounds like fun.  You going to bring that machine gun airsoft you have?

Unfortunately, no. Its indoor CQB only, so no full auto. I'll post pics of my gear in the general forum for those interested!
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 29, 2017, 09:58:03 AM
Quote from: Gusington on September 29, 2017, 08:22:30 AM
Is airsoft like paintball for Marines?

Nah...its like paintball except you shoot people with bbs instead of paint. The guns and gear is much more authentic than what you see in paintball.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Gusington on September 29, 2017, 10:10:15 AM
I'm surprised you can swallow the 'no full auto' rule. The last time I played paintball there was the same rule - no full auto - and the guys who were really in to it hated that rule.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Sir Slash on September 29, 2017, 10:39:30 AM
I'm getting my Combat Mission fix this weekend with Red Thunder-- Eye of the Needle scenario. That  should help prep me for grandkids tonight.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: airboy on September 29, 2017, 11:02:59 AM
I'm playing The Quest and hopefully finishing up my Call of Cthulhu design.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: undercovergeek on September 29, 2017, 01:33:32 PM
Somebody better start playing warhammer 2 before I come to your house and take your damn pcs
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Gusington on September 29, 2017, 02:42:41 PM
From my cold dead hands!
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: undercovergeek on September 29, 2017, 03:30:24 PM
You're first
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: CJReich46 on September 29, 2017, 05:14:12 PM
Well I had to work earlier today and then I had to buzz up I-41 to Green Bay to the VA for an appointment.
But as of now, and until TUESDAY I AM OFF!!!!


So I have some Stellaris,  Pike and Shot (thinking on it), maybe MOO or MOO2, and also Remnants of the Precursors (MOO clone in Java for free!)
Probably the laundry, clean house game.

I am just glad I have the weekend off, it has been a long haul for me.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Gusington on September 29, 2017, 06:38:39 PM
Enjoy.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Moreb on September 29, 2017, 07:35:12 PM
Working O.T. tomorrow. Target practice after work followed by dinner at the daughters house.  A full day indeed.

Sunday? Hopefully playing the game du jour. Whatever that may be.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Gusington on September 29, 2017, 07:37:32 PM
Witcher 3?
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Moreb on September 29, 2017, 09:00:10 PM
I should. Lord knows I didn't spend much time in it. I have game A.D.D..
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: MengJiao on September 29, 2017, 09:40:57 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 29, 2017, 06:38:39 PM
Enjoy.

The Usual: DCS, BoS,ArmaIII maybe some Attila.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Gusington on September 29, 2017, 10:02:29 PM
Witcher 3!!
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Destraex on September 30, 2017, 04:15:01 AM
Bit of holdfast and total war arena
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Raied on September 30, 2017, 06:00:49 AM
I revisited Of King and Man, the new developer team are doing really well in updating the game I am enjoying it so far.
Also Battle Academy 2 PBEM
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 30, 2017, 12:50:24 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 29, 2017, 10:10:15 AM
I'm surprised you can swallow the 'no full auto' rule. The last time I played paintball there was the same rule - no full auto - and the guys who were really in to it hated that rule.

I'll be running these two guns tomorrow. They are both dyed in the wool killers.

Umarex G36C
(https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22050139_10203953443352623_5857653999499323275_n.jpg?oh=93e31d591a05a058f7824273adb28325&oe=5A4BBC5E)

ICS PAR MK3 MTR
(https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22089920_10203953443632630_7959219794721226413_n.jpg?oh=541f968b85c3ec8de72c229394a727d3&oe=5A53DC92)

(https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22089467_10203953443792634_7620480191593182589_n.jpg?oh=a56f605922e62175c5e878522a7ae4e8&oe=5A3F4DE2)
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Gusington on September 30, 2017, 12:54:17 PM
Is that your shop?
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 30, 2017, 01:11:38 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 30, 2017, 12:54:17 PM
Is that your shop?

Yes. One corner of it.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Gusington on September 30, 2017, 01:55:11 PM
Of 1000 square feet, I am guessing.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 30, 2017, 03:47:46 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 30, 2017, 01:55:11 PM
Of 1000 square feet, I am guessing.

Hard to say. It's 4 separate rooms. 2 are connected on one end of the hallway, then there is a big room on the other end and also part of my garage. The whole lower level of my house is pretty much one giant man cave.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Gusington on September 30, 2017, 04:34:11 PM
I would expect nothing less.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Moreb on September 30, 2017, 11:53:05 PM
Nice mk3 build. I assume you are an ffl holder. Hobby or business? What kind of optics are you going to run? I'm a fan of eotech and usually equip tactical pieces with them. The price is high but worth the money imo for certain pieces.The mk3 would work very well with the 512 and maybe a flip magnifier. What is on its rail? Laser/light? A nice folding bipod would bolt right up too....
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 01, 2017, 06:34:41 AM
Quote from: Moreb on September 30, 2017, 11:53:05 PM
Nice mk3 build. I assume you are an ffl holder. Hobby or business? What kind of optics are you going to run? I'm a fan of eotech and usually equip tactical pieces with them. The price is high but worth the money imo for certain pieces.The mk3 would work very well with the 512 and maybe a flip magnifier. What is on its rail? Laser/light? A nice folding bipod would bolt right up too....

Those aren't real steel, bro. They're airsoft guns. As far as optics go for real shooting, yeah, eotech is good, but like you said, also very expensive. I have several, but I've started to grow fond of vortex, as well. High quality and much more affordable. When shooting, I haven't noticed a difference in results.

I rarely equip optics on my airsoft guns because it's hard to get a cheekweld with the helmet/mask combinations I typically wear, so instead, I equip lasers that let me lay down accurate fire from pretty much any position. So, Yes, the object on the rail is a Lopro laser designator sight by Sightmark. They emit a green beam. I wouldn't use these for real shooting because the quality is questionable. That being said, they are fantastic for airsoft and when people see that green dot on their vest, they're usually out after I pull the trigger. A few times the pressure pads have died on me and customer service has been fantastic. So I'm happy with the company even though product is really budget based.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Toonces on October 01, 2017, 07:17:15 AM
That's pretty damn cool, man.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Toonces on October 01, 2017, 07:18:28 AM
Only played a bit of Rome 2 Friday night.  It must just be me, but damn the newer Total War games are hard.  The province management, man, it just kills me.  And then managing the tech research, the edicts, the promotions...it's tiresome.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 01, 2017, 07:34:43 AM
Quote from: Toonces on October 01, 2017, 07:17:15 AM
That's pretty damn cool, man.

Thanks. Its a great hobby. Gets me moving off the couch and I actually use these guns regularly. The real guns tend to just sit in my safe, except for my EDC guns. Very expensive safe fillers.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Toonces on October 01, 2017, 07:45:53 AM
Plus you're actually shooting at other folks that are trying to shoot you.  With those weapons, that has to be an adrenaline rush.  In a sporting sense, if you know what I mean.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 01, 2017, 07:47:14 AM
Quote from: Toonces on October 01, 2017, 07:45:53 AM
Plus you're actually shooting at other folks that are trying to shoot you.  With those weapons, that has to be an adrenaline rush.  In a sporting sense, if you know what I mean.

Totally. Combat action sports are an absolute blast and a total rush. If you ever get the chance to try it, I highly recommend.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Moreb on October 01, 2017, 08:43:49 AM
QuoteThose aren't real steel, bro. They're airsoft guns 

Oh my. That is impressive. I'm not familiar with airsoft but those things look incredibly like a real weapon. And yes. Safe fillers indeed. Until....

A  .308 WIN airsoft? How cool. I swear, when looking at the pics on my phone it was the real deal. Has to be a costly hobby. Then again, I probably went through $200 worth of ammo yesterday. And nobody was shooting back. So, it's like paintball with better accuracy? Hmmm.

Thanks for sharing
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Gusington on October 01, 2017, 10:35:21 AM
I have never had quite the rush I had being the last man standing in paintball, being hunted by the rest of the remaining team. I eventually lost, but it was quite...panic inducing. Diving into trenches, hiding in wooden shacks, praying behind trees...it's unlike anything else.

Oh and I started The Witcher Hearts of Stone last night...I am so in love.

Toonces I have exactly the opposite progression as you with the TW series...I feel the majority of the new games have got easier for me to win. Except I still cannot win the Hun campaign in Attila.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: airboy on October 01, 2017, 12:32:40 PM
I'm playing "The Quest" which is very similar to Might and Magic 6: The Mandate of Heaven.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Rayfer on October 01, 2017, 01:38:40 PM
Quote from: airboy on October 01, 2017, 12:32:40 PM
I'm playing "The Quest" which is very similar to Might and Magic 6: The Mandate of Heaven.

Don't you play a lone adventurer in 'The Quest" and not a 4 person party like MM6....? Or am I thinking of another game?
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: JasonPratt on October 01, 2017, 03:44:24 PM
Did I get Turn 11 played in DC:Blitz this weekend?

No.

Did I at least get Turn 9 up on the AAR?

Yes. (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19129.msg557453#new)
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Sir Slash on October 01, 2017, 10:15:02 PM
I tried once sneaking a pocket mirror into a Laser Tag match. I got thrown-out. Like they didn't wish they could do it too.  C:-)
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: ghostryder on October 02, 2017, 05:36:16 AM
Well I can't top Jarhead's cool weekend. That's just awesome stuff! My weekend is Monday...one day. I hope to get off the island in Divinity Original Sin II and not start another game again. I did make it off and am on the high seas now in that setting. After making the boat reading my journal it lists all the unfinished quests I missed. There was a lot... yet I spent 69 hours on this beginner island and had a damn good time concidering there was about 4 restarts in the mix according to steam.

Here on the boat you get to a mirror that allows you to reset your characters. I'm resisting the urge to spend 10 more hours on that and just go with what I got...which since I'm far from expert in knowing good builds for the classes I'm just sort of following the default setups.

The boats alive and apparantly won't move. it's made of live wood of some sort so my quest is to figure that stuff out. Thus far I know I have to sing to it and I got this weird stone piece that has something to do with it. That's my mission today. Figuring all that out.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: airboy on October 02, 2017, 12:08:06 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on October 01, 2017, 01:38:40 PM
Quote from: airboy on October 01, 2017, 12:32:40 PM
I'm playing "The Quest" which is very similar to Might and Magic 6: The Mandate of Heaven.

Don't you play a lone adventurer in 'The Quest" and not a 4 person party like MM6....? Or am I thinking of another game?

Yes, lone adventurer.  But the graphics, combat system, quests, dungeons, etc.... are very similar to M&M6.
Title: Re: Keep On FRIDAY Me Baby
Post by: Rayfer on October 02, 2017, 12:50:43 PM
Quote from: airboy on October 02, 2017, 12:08:06 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on October 01, 2017, 01:38:40 PM
Quote from: airboy on October 01, 2017, 12:32:40 PM
I'm playing "The Quest" which is very similar to Might and Magic 6: The Mandate of Heaven.

Don't you play a lone adventurer in 'The Quest" and not a 4 person party like MM6....? Or am I thinking of another game?

Yes, lone adventurer.  But the graphics, combat system, quests, dungeons, etc.... are very similar to M&M6.

And on that we can agree...very much like M&M6....I never finished The Quest but had a lot of fun with it.