GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => General Discussion => Topic started by: Richie61 on October 05, 2017, 10:22:39 AM

Title: Richie61 health update
Post by: Richie61 on October 05, 2017, 10:22:39 AM
I had a doctors visit yesterday after CT scans last week. I thought it was going to be a good visit. But I have a growth in the area where my bladder was. Nothing in the lungs, which is good. But I am looking at radiation (5 days a week for 7 weeks) and chemo (once a week for 7 weeks). Again it's a 50-50 chance. Guess the drug trial didn't do much for me - LOL! And I guess I am not going back to work right now.

I am mad and bummed out, but I know I can beat this one! Doctor said that it is better to have it now and not 2 years later.

Always something isn't it?  :P

Ed
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: mirth on October 05, 2017, 10:25:15 AM
Damn. Sorry it was better news, Ed. You're gonna beat it though!

Thanks for keeping us updated. Lots of thoughts and prayers for you, brother.
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: bob48 on October 05, 2017, 10:27:09 AM
Hang on in there, Ed. We'll all be rooting for you - and yes, you can beat it, no worries.
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: Barthheart on October 05, 2017, 10:31:10 AM
Keep saying FUCK to Cancer Ed! You'll beat this.  O0
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 05, 2017, 10:35:55 AM
Hoping the best for you, Ed. You got this. Positivity can go a LONG way towards fighting this.
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: Sir Slash on October 05, 2017, 10:42:12 AM
I feel for you Ed. I just got diagnosed with Skin Cancer 0n my right arm. Fortunately for me it's the most benign form and I had it excised successfully but I got 6 stitches in my right arm for another week. I don't let it interfere with my gaming though-- Hell No! Anyway, everybody in my family's got Skin Cancer so it's like the Final Exam for my DNA's authenticity.

Somebody's gonna beat this damned disease someday and it might as well be you as some other guy that doesn't deserve it. So hang in there, keep that Prayer Pillow close and we'll all be rooting for you.  :bd:
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 05, 2017, 10:42:59 AM
Damn, SS!

Well, you DO live in Florida, so...

Try Maine. I bet the sun doesn't come out...tomorrow...
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: Barthheart on October 05, 2017, 10:45:16 AM
Don't need to be in Florida... my wife has a 4 in long scare on her back from skin cancer removal last year..... :(
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: BanzaiCat on October 05, 2017, 10:51:15 AM
Yeah, true, it'll get you anywhere. :(

Outside is overrated! Stay inside and game more.
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 05, 2017, 10:52:52 AM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on October 05, 2017, 10:35:55 AM
Hoping the best for you, Ed. You got this. Positivity can go a LONG way towards fighting this.

What he said.
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: Staggerwing on October 05, 2017, 11:56:55 AM
Hang in there Ed. We're all rooting' for you!
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: MikeGER on October 05, 2017, 12:08:37 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 05, 2017, 11:56:55 AM
Hang in there Ed. We're all rooting' for you!
+10 !
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: Gusington on October 05, 2017, 12:11:37 PM
You will do this Ed! And we'll all rally around you for a great victory!
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: airboy on October 05, 2017, 12:55:32 PM
Quote from: Richie61 on October 05, 2017, 10:22:39 AM
I had a doctors visit yesterday after CT scans last week. I thought it was going to be a good visit. But I have a growth in the area where my bladder was. Nothing in the lungs, which is good. But I am looking at radiation (5 days a week for 7 weeks) and chemo (once a week for 7 weeks). Again it's a 50-50 chance. Guess the drug trial didn't do much for me - LOL! And I guess I am not going back to work right now.

I am mad and bummed out, but I know I can beat this one! Doctor said that it is better to have it now and not 2 years later.

Always something isn't it?  :P

Ed

I've prayed for your recovery Ed.

All the best,
Airboy
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: airboy on October 05, 2017, 12:58:11 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 05, 2017, 10:42:12 AM
I feel for you Ed. I just got diagnosed with Skin Cancer 0n my right arm. Fortunately for me it's the most benign form and I had it excised successfully but I got 6 stitches in my right arm for another week. I don't let it interfere with my gaming though-- Hell No! Anyway, everybody in my family's got Skin Cancer so it's like the Final Exam for my DNA's authenticity.

Somebody's gonna beat this damned disease someday and it might as well be you as some other guy that doesn't deserve it. So hang in there, keep that Prayer Pillow close and we'll all be rooting for you.  :bd:

I saw my Dad have so many of these removed growing up that I was determined not to let it happen to me.  I wore a (thin) long sleeve shirt when fishing, working outside, or attending outside sporting events for my entire life.  Lots of sunscreen.  People have accused me of being "vampire guy" because I stay so pale.  But I've avoided having any skin cancers for 50+ years now.  Both of my brothers have had them chopped out, but not me.
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: JudgeDredd on October 05, 2017, 01:32:07 PM
Sorry to hear your bad new Ed.

Hang in there buddy and kick it to the pavement (sidewalk). Good luck  O0
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 05, 2017, 01:36:47 PM
Sorry to see this. Good luck, man.

Try to stay positive! Prayers inbound.
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: OJsDad on October 05, 2017, 01:40:41 PM
Prayers are with you Ed.  Keep us posted on how your doing.  You'll beat this. 
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: Richie61 on October 05, 2017, 02:22:03 PM
Thanks guys! I will beat this in the end! I know I can and I will show cancer who is boss!  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 05, 2017, 02:38:31 PM
Quote from: Richie61 on October 05, 2017, 02:22:03 PM
Thanks guys! I will beat this in the end! I know I can and I will show cancer who is boss!  :knuppel2:

In honor of Richie61, I'm going to play a pbem against cancer this weekend and I'm going to kick its ass.
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: Gusington on October 05, 2017, 02:40:10 PM
That's the spirit!
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: Sir Slash on October 05, 2017, 02:57:27 PM
Give it a kick in the nuts for me too JH.  :clap:
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: trailrunner on October 05, 2017, 05:29:22 PM
Cancer sucks, but you WILL beat it!
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: acctingman on October 05, 2017, 06:36:59 PM
Ed

Keep at the good fight.

Spend time with the people you love and do the things you love to do.

Best wishes!!
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: MetalDog on October 05, 2017, 07:24:27 PM
Keep at it, Ed!  And give cancer a kick in the nuts for all of us  :bd:
Title: Re: Richie61 health update
Post by: Arctic Blast on October 06, 2017, 09:43:14 PM
Quote from: Richie61 on October 05, 2017, 02:22:03 PM
Thanks guys! I will beat this in the end! I know I can and I will show cancer who is boss!  :knuppel2:

Damn straight. Just keep slapping it down.  O0