GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: gameleaper on October 19, 2017, 02:34:38 PM

Title: Sid Meier's Civilization® III: Complete free on humblenundle
Post by: gameleaper on October 19, 2017, 02:34:38 PM
Sid Meier's Civilization® III: Complete free on humblenundle
Title: Re: Sid Meier's Civilization® III: Complete free on humblenundle
Post by: Nefaro on October 19, 2017, 07:05:18 PM
Just saw this in my mail.


Linky -


https://www.humblebundle.com/store/sid-meiers-civilization-iii-complete
Title: Re: Sid Meier's Civilization® III: Complete free on humblenundle
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on October 20, 2017, 01:12:00 AM
I still think that Civ III was one of the best versions of CIV.
Title: Re: Sid Meier's Civilization® III: Complete free on humblenundle
Post by: Greybriar on October 20, 2017, 01:14:43 AM
I never cared as much for Civilization III as I did II and IV, but I at least artillery was done right. Some other things, too, but it's been so many years ago that I can't remember what.
Title: Re: Sid Meier's Civilization® III: Complete free on humblenundle
Post by: Wolfe1759 on October 20, 2017, 01:07:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up, installing now.

I started on Civ IV and haven't played Civ III so it will be fun to see what it is like.
Title: Re: Sid Meier's Civilization® III: Complete free on humblenundle
Post by: Tactical Wargamer on October 22, 2017, 02:12:48 PM
Still a little dated no? CIV V and VI a little modern UI/Graphics for sure :)
Title: Re: Sid Meier's Civilization® III: Complete free on humblenundle
Post by: Tuna on October 23, 2017, 03:57:06 PM
Quote from: Tactical Wargamer on October 22, 2017, 02:12:48 PM
Still a little dated no? CIV V and VI a little modern UI/Graphics for sure :)

Still a classic, but yeah, I'd rather just choose one of the others if I'm in the mood for some flavor of Civ!.. FYI, if you are in the mood for some IV, MetalDog on here loves to do IV Multiplayer and the games are a lot of fun!
Title: Re: Sid Meier's Civilization® III: Complete free on humblenundle
Post by: Cheimison on October 23, 2017, 04:10:38 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on October 20, 2017, 01:14:43 AM
I never cared as much for Civilization III as I did II and IV, but I at least artillery was done right. Some other things, too, but it's been so many years ago that I can't remember what.
Civ II was actually a deeper game in terms of how things work out, especially in a long-run game that goes into future eras. Civ III was much more arcade-y, which format it has kept to this day. Zone of Control, for example, was eliminated, which makes holding a line almost impossible/pointless in Civ III unless you simply massively outnumber the enemy.

Quote from: Tactical Wargamer on October 22, 2017, 02:12:48 PM
Still a little dated no? CIV V and VI a little modern UI/Graphics for sure :)
I much prefer low intensity graphics. I despise how cartoony Civ4 is, too. I'll take a 2d static rendering of a chariot any day.