GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Music, TV, Movies => Topic started by: MetalDog on October 22, 2017, 03:56:48 PM

Poll
Question: 1967 Round of 16
Option 1: This is the 1/16 matchup.  Please pick one. votes: 0
Option 2: 1 A Day in the Life – The Beatles votes: 5
Option 3: 16 Break On Through (To the Other Side) – The Doors votes: 8
Option 4: This is the 8/9 matchup.  Please pick one. votes: 0
Option 5: 8 Reach Out, I'll Be There – The Four Tops votes: 10
Option 6: 9 I Know (I'm Losing You) – The Temptations votes: 2
Option 7: This is the 5/12 matchup.  Please pick one. votes: 0
Option 8: 5 Nights In White Satin – The Moody Blues votes: 9
Option 9: 12 A Whiter Shade of Pale – Procol Harum votes: 4
Option 10: This is the 4/13 matchup.  Please pick one. votes: 0
Option 11: 4 Let's Spend the Night Together – Rolling Stones votes: 6
Option 12: 13 I Can See For Miles – The Who votes: 6
Option 13: This is the 6/11 matchup.  Please pick one. votes: 0
Option 14: 6 Ain't No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell votes: 8
Option 15: 11 For What It's Worth (Stop, Hey What's That Sound) – Buffalo Springfield votes: 4
Option 16: This is the 3/14 matchup.  Please pick one. votes: 0
Option 17: 3 Purple Haze – Jimi Hendrix Experience votes: 10
Option 18: 14 Soul Man – Sam & Dave votes: 3
Option 19: This is the 7/10 matchup.  Please pick one. votes: 0
Option 20: 7 Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison votes: 7
Option 21: 10 Strange Brew – Cream votes: 6
Option 22: This is the 2/15 matchup.  Please pick one. votes: 0
Option 23: 2 Respect – Aretha Franklin votes: 6
Option 24: 15 Somebody To Love – Jefferson Airplane votes: 6
Title: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1967 Round of 16
Post by: MetalDog on October 22, 2017, 03:56:48 PM
1967.  Just take a look at all your choices.  That's a stellar f-ing lineup if I have ever seen one.  Regardless of where you are at with any of these songs (played out, hate those guys, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah), the reason you got that way is because these songs were created in the first place.  Some of these songs are the definition of the definition of "classic."  Love'm or hate'm, you gotta give'm their due.

Having said that, let the hate begin.  A Day in the Life has been a 'top song of all time' in many lists, charts, and critics polls, since it's release.  Nothing before it ever sounded like Break on Through.  You guys hate The Beatles and The Doors.  One of them will have to advance.  So deal with it.  There are career topping songs from the Stones, Jimi, Sam & Dave, Aretha, and on, and on.  And I jumbled them all up so you have to get your knickers in a twist deciding which one to pick.  Never before I have I felt so much like Mr. Burns, rubbing his hands together, muttering, "Excellent," as I do now. 

Hope you enjoy making the choices.   :DD  Thanks for participating.


The 1/16





The 8/9





The 5/12





The 4/13





The 6/11





The 3/14





The 7/10





The 2/15



Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1967 Round of 16
Post by: bob48 on October 22, 2017, 04:09:55 PM
Some difficult choices there.
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1967 Round of 16
Post by: MetalDog on October 22, 2017, 04:11:27 PM
Excellent!  Glad you think so :)
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1967 Round of 16
Post by: bob48 on October 22, 2017, 04:13:06 PM
You're doing a grand job. MD - great fun!
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1967 Round of 16
Post by: OJsDad on October 22, 2017, 04:23:10 PM
Excellent!!
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1967 Round of 16
Post by: trailrunner on October 22, 2017, 05:56:45 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 22, 2017, 03:56:48 PM
A Day in the Life has been a 'top song of all time' in many lists, charts, and critics polls, since it's release.  Nothing before it ever sounded like Break on Through.  You guys hate The Beatles and The Doors. 

I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but this is one of the few songs they did that I like.  The Doors can do no wrong.

The rest of the choices were tough.  Your lineup demonstrates that 1967 was a great year indeed.

As always, thanks for putting this together!



Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1967 Round of 16
Post by: bayonetbrant on October 22, 2017, 06:57:01 PM
A couple of these were pretty tough.  Then there was the 5/12 "which one do I want to see get it's ass kicked in the next round" choice :)
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1967 Round of 16
Post by: OJsDad on October 22, 2017, 07:01:50 PM
Quote from: trailrunner on October 22, 2017, 05:56:45 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 22, 2017, 03:56:48 PM
A Day in the Life has been a 'top song of all time' in many lists, charts, and critics polls, since it's release.  Nothing before it ever sounded like Break on Through.  You guys hate The Beatles and The Doors. 

I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but this is one of the few songs they did that I like.  The Doors can do no wrong.

The rest of the choices were tough.  Your lineup demonstrates that 1967 was a great year indeed.

As always, thanks for putting this together!

So say we all.   :bd:
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1967 Round of 16
Post by: Steelgrave on October 22, 2017, 07:15:09 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on October 22, 2017, 07:01:50 PM
Quote from: trailrunner on October 22, 2017, 05:56:45 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 22, 2017, 03:56:48 PM
A Day in the Life has been a 'top song of all time' in many lists, charts, and critics polls, since it's release.  Nothing before it ever sounded like Break on Through.  You guys hate The Beatles and The Doors. 

I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but this is one of the few songs they did that I like.  The Doors can do no wrong.

The rest of the choices were tough.  Your lineup demonstrates that 1967 was a great year indeed.

As always, thanks for putting this together!

So say we all.   :bd:

+1 !
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1967 Round of 16
Post by: MetalDog on October 22, 2017, 08:55:51 PM
You are all indeed too kind.  I really am glad you are all enjoying this with me.  It's gratifying to put the new poll up and check back in an hour to see how many votes came in and see that a bunch of you have already dropped by.  I don't always agree with how you're voting, but, you don't always agree with how I seeded them.  Or even what I included, so, I guess we're even  O0  :)
Title: Re: Decades Feeder Bracket - 1967 Round of 16
Post by: Pete Dero on October 23, 2017, 02:42:45 AM
not one bad song in there ... good musical year.