GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: meadbelly on July 08, 2012, 02:02:57 PM

Title: People suck
Post by: meadbelly on July 08, 2012, 02:02:57 PM
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Police-Federal-Way-man-arrested-in-girlfriends-stabbing-death-161667065.html

Mindy was the niece of one of my closest friends. Mindy was born when Lynn was 20, and they have always been very close. Lynn is having a pretty hard time remembering her life from 20 til now, and processing what kind of life Mindy could have had.

I knew Mindy, but not well. I knew her mostly through Lynn. She was a prototypical teen. I don't think her life would have found the same path as Lynn's, but Mindy previously hadn't made too many bad choices that could determine her fate. She loved and was adored by her nieces, Lynn's two daughters.

I've met the dirtbag and shared a table with him. To my knowledge, it's my first murderer.

The article is about all the family knows. He had showed no signs of physical abuse or violence. Mindy had been rather in love with him, as much as a 20 year old can be. Dirtbag has clearly shown signs of possessiveness, and had begun a fairly complete process of cutting Mindy off from everyone but him. Mindy had actually broken up with him, and had even moved her stuff out of the trailer. But she had also been living with him for the last week or so. Everyone presumes the stabbing was his final act of control.

Not much of a message  or lesson learned here, but if we have any 20something lady grogheads lurking. . .

Well, nm. No groghead is going to be possessed or controlled by anyone.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: Centurion40 on July 08, 2012, 02:09:22 PM
That really does suck.  My heart goes out to the family.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: Staggerwing on July 08, 2012, 02:09:45 PM
That is such an awful thing to have to pass on to us  :(. My sympathies to Lynn and Mindy's family, and to you. You may not have known Mindy well but it would follow that you still share in the pain of her passing through those that did know her. My prayers are with you all.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: Gusington on July 08, 2012, 02:20:15 PM
That's terrible. I am sorry meadbelly.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: Barthheart on July 08, 2012, 02:25:25 PM
Sad news indeed..  :(.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: Martok on July 08, 2012, 02:44:24 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 08, 2012, 02:09:45 PM
That is such an awful thing to have to pass on to us  :(. My sympathies to Lynn and Mindy's family, and to you. You may not have known Mindy well but it would follow that you still share in the pain of her passing through those that did know her. My prayers are with you all.
Staggerwing said it best, I think.  My condolences to all. 



Title: Re: People suck
Post by: Shelldrake on July 08, 2012, 03:23:17 PM
So sorry for you and Mindy's family. I hope the dirtbag gets what he deserves.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: LongBlade on July 08, 2012, 04:19:27 PM
Quote from: Shelldrake on July 08, 2012, 03:23:17 PM
So sorry for you and Mindy's family. I hope the dirtbag gets what he deserves.

+1

Sorry to read that, Meadbelly.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: mirth on July 08, 2012, 05:03:42 PM
That's awful news, meadbelly. While I realize, on an intellectual level, that there are monsters in the world, it never fails to shock and sadden me to learn of their horrible acts.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: meadbelly on July 08, 2012, 05:05:53 PM
Thanks all, and future respondents. It is good to be reminded of the vast numbers of people who do not suck.

I will be sure to pass along your thoughts and condolences to Lynn and her extended family. It will I imagine bring a similar relief to be reminded of how many good folks there are out there.

Parents, don't let your sons grow up to be dipshits. Make them game instead!
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: meadbelly on July 08, 2012, 05:14:06 PM
Quote from: mirth on July 08, 2012, 05:03:42 PM
That's awful news, meadbelly. While I realize, on an intellectual level, that there are monsters in the world, it never fails to shock and sadden me to learn of their horrible acts.

Yeah, I hear you. Intellectual knowledge is one thing -- and I don't mean to demean it in any way. But emotional "knowledge" or experience is felt at a profoundly different and in my mind impactful level.

Right now, my emotional knowledge is fast overriding my intellectual take on capital punishment. Fortunately, I also know at a very emotional level the hell that jail can be. There are few acts that more obviously state that the actor has put himself out of the community of mankind. He has chosen to reject society and as a society, we are under the obligation to ensure his continued exclusion.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: GroggyGrognard on July 08, 2012, 09:26:51 PM
So sorry to hear meadbelly. Damn, if I still lived in the south Seattle area, I could have helped you kick the s**t out this dirtbag. It's scum like this that makes the rest of us men out there look bad.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: Arctic Blast on July 09, 2012, 02:34:30 AM
Damn, sorry to hear about that, meadbelly. My youngest sister ended up in a situation that probably could have ended like this many years ago, but luckily she got out the first time ANYTHING abusive happened.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: Greybriar on July 09, 2012, 07:15:17 AM
My condolences to Melinda's family and friends.

I hope the individual responsible for her death gets what he deserves.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: meadbelly on July 09, 2012, 02:25:06 PM
Thanks again, everyone.

The dirtbag is to be formally charged today; there will be probably be some more info available to family, press, and public afterwards. Lynn's got enough going on without me bugging her for details, so I'm hopeful to learn some stuff from that.

My worry is that despite the news reports (which came straight from a police press release) that indicate the killer confessed to the crime onsite and to police, that once a lawyer gets involved, that might go out the door. I understand that's the job of any public or private defender, but a trial is not going to be good for the family. Not that it ever is.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: meadbelly on July 12, 2012, 09:25:15 PM
Sweet jesu - Lynn warned me that grisly details were coming. But stabbed 100 times?

There needs to be a rumor started in whatever jailhell Mace ends up in. Involving his alleged infatuation with little girls. I don't give a rats ass if it's not true.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2018664447_apwagirlfriendkilledcharge.html
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: Gusington on July 12, 2012, 09:31:38 PM
Jesus...that's terrible...beyond horrible...
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: mirth on July 12, 2012, 09:39:22 PM
Oh my God that is sickening :(
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: meadbelly on July 12, 2012, 10:05:11 PM
It's gonna be a while before I look at any bbq utensils and not think "serrated edge." 
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: Gusington on July 12, 2012, 10:06:45 PM
I am really sorry about all this.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: Centurion40 on July 13, 2012, 07:42:35 AM
Quote from: mirth on July 12, 2012, 09:39:22 PM
Oh my God that is sickening :(

What mirth said.  :(
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: LongBlade on July 13, 2012, 09:50:53 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on July 13, 2012, 07:42:35 AM
Quote from: mirth on July 12, 2012, 09:39:22 PM
Oh my God that is sickening :(

What mirth said.  :(

Based on the reaction I am choosing to forgo reading the link.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: mirth on July 13, 2012, 09:54:35 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on July 13, 2012, 09:50:53 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on July 13, 2012, 07:42:35 AM
Quote from: mirth on July 12, 2012, 09:39:22 PM
Oh my God that is sickening :(

What mirth said.  :(

Based on the reaction I am choosing to forgo reading the link.

Don't unless you are prepared to have it ruin your whole day. People really do suck.
Title: Re: People suck
Post by: Staggerwing on July 13, 2012, 06:51:23 PM
I have to wonder if this human excrement wrapper was into those 'Bath Salts' drugs.