GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: bbmike on October 26, 2017, 12:45:48 PM

Title: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: bbmike on October 26, 2017, 12:45:48 PM
Lots of stuff on my wishlist on sale.  :D
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: Barthheart on October 26, 2017, 12:49:50 PM
Oh crap!  :P
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: bob48 on October 26, 2017, 01:01:58 PM
Nothing there that takes my fancy.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: OJsDad on October 26, 2017, 01:12:16 PM
Quote from: bob48 on October 26, 2017, 01:01:58 PM
Nothing there that takes my fancy.

Just your money.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: Tpek on October 26, 2017, 05:00:35 PM
It's even more underwhelming than I expected it to be.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on October 26, 2017, 05:30:37 PM
panthers in the fog in on sale for $30.   I wish there was a review somewhere that lets me know if I should buy it.

NO YOU SHOULD NOT.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: mirth on October 26, 2017, 05:32:13 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 26, 2017, 05:30:37 PM
I wish there was a review somewhere that lets me know if I should buy it.

NO THERE IS NOT.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on October 26, 2017, 05:45:19 PM
because its that bad.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: joram on October 26, 2017, 06:48:28 PM
Is it that bad?  It was on my watchlist.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: Gusington on October 26, 2017, 07:30:29 PM
Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition for 14.99...or  Aragami for 7.99...or Ruiner for 17.99...or Northgard for 16.99... :buck2:
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: Sir Slash on October 26, 2017, 10:37:09 PM
Yes, yes, yes, maybe. You're welcome.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: steve58 on October 26, 2017, 11:27:15 PM
I'm kinda tempted by Naval Action (http://store.steampowered.com/app/311310/Naval_Action/).  It's on sale for $15.99.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on October 27, 2017, 08:10:05 AM
Quote from: joram on October 26, 2017, 06:48:28 PM
Is it that bad?  It was on my watchlist.

yes, its that bad IMO.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: Pete Dero on October 27, 2017, 08:56:05 AM
Quote from: steve58 on October 26, 2017, 11:27:15 PM
I'm kinda tempted by Naval Action (http://store.steampowered.com/app/311310/Naval_Action/).  It's on sale for $15.99.

+1  (I am more interested in the PVE part)

Anybody still playing this ?
How much grinding to get to the 'good' ships ?
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: Nefaro on October 27, 2017, 12:48:20 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on October 27, 2017, 08:56:05 AM
Quote from: steve58 on October 26, 2017, 11:27:15 PM
I'm kinda tempted by Naval Action (http://store.steampowered.com/app/311310/Naval_Action/).  It's on sale for $15.99.

+1  (I am more interested in the PVE part)

Anybody still playing this ?
How much grinding to get to the 'good' ships ?


It's still in pre-release AFAIK.

I've not played it in .. a couple years?   I didn't want to put a bunch of time into an MMO like that, once more, only to have all my progress wiped.  Possibly numerous times.  Not until awhile after it's been officially released and guaranteed no more wipes.

The matches were fun, back when I played it a bit.  Not seen it since they added the PotBS-style MMO world & such. 
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: Gusington on October 28, 2017, 04:07:57 PM
Picking up Planesape: Torment Enhanced Edition for 14.99 and Aragami for 7.99.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: solops on October 28, 2017, 05:21:06 PM
sigh....bough a bunch of stuff I did not need...EU Rome, Darkest Dungeon, Field of Glory II, and Making History-The Second World War. I'll add them to the things I have but have not played, like Warhammer II, Hegemony III and a host of others.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: KyzBP on October 28, 2017, 05:28:12 PM
Quote from: solops on October 28, 2017, 05:21:06 PM
sigh....bough a bunch of stuff I did not need...EU Rome, Darkest Dungeon, Field of Glory II, and Making History-The Second World War. I'll add them to the things I have but have not played, like Warhammer II, Hegemony III and a host of others.

You needed Darkest Dungeon.  You'll be happy with that one once you figure it out. O0
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: Cyrano on October 28, 2017, 07:07:52 PM
You needed FoG2.

Everyone does.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: Sir Slash on October 28, 2017, 10:27:05 PM
Planescape Torment was one of my all-time favorite games-- though clearly not to everyone's tastes. I hope the 'enhanced' edition is even better.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: -budd- on October 28, 2017, 10:58:33 PM
Quote from: solops on October 28, 2017, 05:21:06 PM
sigh....bough a bunch of stuff I did not need...EU Rome, Darkest Dungeon, Field of Glory II, and Making History-The Second World War. I'll add them to the things I have but have not played, like Warhammer II, Hegemony III and a host of others.

HAHA...this sounds like me, your not really bad until you buy something you forgot you own ;D .....almost did this today, but thought i should check my library at the various sites i have games, bingo there it was.

Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: Tpek on October 29, 2017, 06:56:27 AM
And.... Steam's down. :P

EDIT: And by the time I bothered to post, back up again.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: FlickJax on October 30, 2017, 03:10:45 AM
Just gonna get some DLC for City Skylines as i have not put enough time into this yet.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: Greybriar on October 30, 2017, 09:28:23 AM
The only game I have purchased from Steam so far during its Halloween sale is 50 Years (http://store.steampowered.com/app/502740/50_years/), which is a better game than I thought it would be.
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: Pete Dero on October 30, 2017, 09:35:21 AM
For some reason they are still adding stuff to the sale.

e.g. a few hours ago No Man's Sky went from full price to 60% off ...
Title: Re: Steam Halloween Sale Is On!
Post by: CJReich46 on October 30, 2017, 11:54:58 PM
Grabbed Utopia.
Figured why not I needed a hive mind race... :uglystupid2:

I might grab Synthetic Dawn on possibly payday.