Poll
Question:
1977 Final 8
Option 1: This is the 1/8 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 2: 1 Hotel California - Eagles
votes: 6
Option 3: 8 Turn to Stone - Electric light Orchestra
votes: 8
Option 4: This is the 4/5 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 5: 4 Barracuda - Heart
votes: 10
Option 6: 5 Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller Band
votes: 4
Option 7: This is the 6/14 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 8: 6 Carry on My Wayward Son - Kansas
votes: 3
Option 9: 14 Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
votes: 11
Option 10: This is the 7/15 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 11: 7 Night Moves - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
votes: 11
Option 12: 15 I Want You To Want Me - Cheap Trick
votes: 3
First off, sorry about a couple of these second round matches. Two of them are just brutal. Second, sorry about the, 'ONE NIGHT ONLY.' Went to sleep watching the World Series last night and missed getting the poll done. Didn't have enough time this morning before work. I am trying to keep these on a schedule of every two days. If I planned this out correctly, we'll actually be doing the Decade Brackets as the NCAA is doing the Big Dance. So, that's how we got here. Anywho, hope you enjoy the choices you voted for :pullhair:
The 1/8
The 4/5
The 6/14
The 7/15
Ouch! Only 6/14 is easy for me..... :pullhair:
All these songs are special to me. I was 16, man....girls, cars, sneaking booze, backseats at the drive in (that was still a thing), high school and heartbreak...hell yeah!
Quote from: Barthheart on November 01, 2017, 07:51:00 PM
Ouch! Only 6/14 is easy for me..... :pullhair:
Excellent! Glad to hear it! Happy voting :)
And a timely little something I just found
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/gallery/songs-that-should-be-retired/ss-AAu8Bw7?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout#image=1
OK, at least one something I liked made it thru each bracket, so that was good
Quote from: Steelgrave on November 01, 2017, 07:56:29 PM
All these songs are special to me. I was 16, man....girls, cars, sneaking booze, getting high, backseats at the drive in (that was still a thing!), high school and heartbreak...hell yeah, my brothers!
Crap you're old!!!
I'm surprised Cheap Trick beat Queen!
^ I am, too. Kind of the point I was trying to make a few posts up. I can't tell you how to vote, but, how does We Will Rock You lose to anything other than maybe Hotel California?!
[yt]https://youtu.be/yFnQu0kmCuY[/yt]
Quote from: MetalDog on November 02, 2017, 05:58:54 AM
^ I am, too. Kind of the point I was trying to make a few posts up. I can't tell you how to vote, but, how does We Will Rock You lose to anything other than maybe Hotel California?!
Well even though Queen is an outstanding band, when a song becomes a sports anthem, that is usually a big turn off for me. And I love sports! To me that is almost a bigger turn off than overplay on the radio. Maybe because that is over play ++
Quote from: Tuna on November 02, 2017, 07:46:32 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 02, 2017, 05:58:54 AM
^ I am, too. Kind of the point I was trying to make a few posts up. I can't tell you how to vote, but, how does We Will Rock You lose to anything other than maybe Hotel California?!
Well even though Queen is an outstanding band, when a song becomes a sports anthem, that is usually a big turn off for me. And I love sports! To me that is almost a bigger turn off than overplay on the radio. Maybe because that is over play ++
Totally hear ya'. But having achieved the level of, 'anthem,' no matter how tired of it you are, it's expected. And how many songs can truly claim to be an anthem? I'm sure we could name quite a few, with this Bracket's 1 and 2 seeds being prime examples, but even if we named a hundred, or two hundred, that would be an infinitesimally small number compared to the sum total of songs released in the last almost 60 years. That was really the point I was trying to make. And the fact that you find them tired or played out or even didn't like them from the beginning causes you to vote the way you do. And I'm ok with that.
Quote from: Tuna on November 02, 2017, 05:48:31 AM
Quote from: Steelgrave on November 01, 2017, 07:56:29 PM
All these songs are special to me. I was 16, man....girls, cars, sneaking booze, getting high, backseats at the drive in (that was still a thing!), high school and heartbreak...hell yeah, my brothers!
Crap you're old!!!
I'm surprised Cheap Trick beat Queen!
58 is the new.....56? Crap, I'm old!!!
Quote from: Steelgrave on November 01, 2017, 07:56:29 PM
All these songs are special to me. I was 16, man....girls, cars, sneaking booze, backseats at the drive in (that was still a thing), high school and heartbreak...hell yeah!
I was also 16 in 1977. O0
Kindred souls \m/
Quote from: Steelgrave on November 02, 2017, 07:12:36 PM
Quote from: Tuna on November 02, 2017, 05:48:31 AM
Quote from: Steelgrave on November 01, 2017, 07:56:29 PM
All these songs are special to me. I was 16, man....girls, cars, sneaking booze, getting high, backseats at the drive in (that was still a thing!), high school and heartbreak...hell yeah, my brothers!
Crap you're old!!!
I'm surprised Cheap Trick beat Queen!
58 is the new.....56? Crap, I'm old!!!
Oh 58, I was thinking you were a year younger than me, 57 here!