GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: IronX on November 17, 2017, 12:44:37 PM

Title: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: IronX on November 17, 2017, 12:44:37 PM
News on future projects (https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32254-announcing-battle-bodenplatte-flying-circus-tank-crew-and-mo/) from the developers of IL-2 Sturmovik.

It appears that the planned Pacific theater game was too ambitious so they are first developing two Western front games, one WWI, the other WWII, and an Eastern front tank game.  :D
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 17, 2017, 12:52:26 PM
That's cool.

I hadn't touched IL-2 BoX in quite a while as I just didn't enjoy the single player experience.  Now that Jason's running the show, things are slowly coming around.  Still a long way to go on the single player front, but it's improving.

I'm glad they decided to ditch the Midway game for now.  I just don't think a game based solely on the Battle of Midway would have enough variety to give it legs.  If they do go to the Pacific (and I hope they do), I think they should start with the Coral Sea/Cactus Airforce.  Lots of variety there to work with.
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 01:19:49 PM
Take my money for Flying Circus and Tank Crew!
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: IronX on November 17, 2017, 01:52:58 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 17, 2017, 12:52:26 PM
That's cool.

I hadn't touched IL-2 BoX in quite a while as I just didn't enjoy the single player experience.  Now that Jason's running the show, things are slowly coming around.  Still a long way to go on the single player front, but it's improving.

I'm glad they decided to ditch the Midway game for now.  I just don't think a game based solely on the Battle of Midway would have enough variety to give it legs.  If they do go to the Pacific (and I hope they do), I think they should start with the Coral Sea/Cactus Airforce.  Lots of variety there to work with.

Totally agree. Of course I would have bought Midway, but frankly it's not the best choice as the plane set for a start would be very limited. I like the direction they've taken, but would have been even happier if they included more multi-engine aircraft, which are my fave.

After years of flying against the AI, I joined an on-line LW squadron and find the game even more enjoyable. I can't go back to single-player.

From a recent mission I flew on:

Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: Rayfer on November 17, 2017, 02:01:07 PM
Great video IX....it looked like a plane went down but at the end it said all returned.  Was that a Russian plane? 
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: mirth on November 17, 2017, 02:01:54 PM
sweet vid  O0
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: IronX on November 17, 2017, 02:53:54 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on November 17, 2017, 02:01:07 PM
Great video IX....it looked like a plane went down but at the end it said all returned.  Was that a Russian plane?

There was a Stuka that was hit by AAA and crashed, although he wasn't part of our flight.

We went back and hit the same target two more times. On the third, a MiG attacked us before all our bombs were dropped. The 110s hit the deck and headed home. The flight leader dropped his in front of me, which took out my port engine. But I made it back on one engine okay. Our 109s ended up taking out the MiG, which saved us. Coordinated flights are lots of fun.
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: RyanE on November 17, 2017, 07:11:33 PM
I was one of those that was pissed they had screwed the IL2 name to try to get after the War Thunder crowd.  I fell they have completely redeemed themselves with Jason setting the direction.

I also agree with expanding more in the European area before the Pacific.
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: em2nought on November 18, 2017, 09:33:37 AM
Who builds a WWI sim with a  limited aircraft set and doesn't put some kind of Nieuport in the mix?  Instead a Dolphin, really?  :idiot2:
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: Nefaro on November 18, 2017, 01:12:53 PM
ROF is still fine.

Don't really need a new one with fewer aircraft in it.   :pullhair:
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: Jack Nastyface on November 19, 2017, 05:38:39 PM
When oh when will we get a good Korean War air combat game?
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: Toonces on November 19, 2017, 05:51:03 PM
As usual, Jack Nastyface gets to the heart of the matter.

+1 sir.
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: Father Ted on November 20, 2017, 11:56:39 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 18, 2017, 01:12:53 PM
ROF is still fine.

Don't really need a new one with fewer aircraft in it.   :pullhair:

Many Roffers have been wondering when the improvements made in Digital Nature with BoX will be seen in RoF, and I guess this is the answer.  People want DX12, VR, better skies, more ground stuff, and so on.  None of that was going to be given away, so here is the solution.
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 20, 2017, 12:02:55 PM
This is also very good news for the sim community...



Quote
This is the relaunch video for IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover - Blitz Edition which will be available on Steam as soon as the final round of Beta testing is completed.

IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover - Blitz Edition is the new name for Cliffs of Dover with the v4.5 TFS update included.

Completely free if you have already purchased Cliffs of Dover and included with any purchase of Cliffs of Dover after it is re-released.

Since 1C Game Studios gave Team Fusion Simulations (TFS) access to the Source Code earlier this year, TFS have been fixing bugs, adding new content and preparing the software for re-release on Steam of v4.5 now known as Blitz Edition.

There is, it is fair to say, still work to do and over the coming months we will be creating our first paid for expansion (v5.00) which will include many new aircraft and a complete new Theatre of Operations, that being the North Africa campaign.

We are still working hard to cram last-minute features and fixes into the software in preparation for it's upcoming re-release, the date of which will be announced shortly once final beta testing is complete (currently well underway).

Note my emphasis added!
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: Yskonyn on November 20, 2017, 01:46:13 PM
 Oh my! That does sound great!
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on November 20, 2017, 02:49:10 PM
Quote from: Hentzau on November 18, 2017, 09:33:37 AM
Who builds a WWI sim with a  limited aircraft set and doesn't put some kind of Nieuport in the mix?  Instead a Dolphin, really?  :idiot2:

Agreed, they should replace the Dolphin with the Nieuport 28. That is definitely a 1918 planeset. Hopefully, they will then start working backwards in time instead of producing the planes that never made it into combat before the war ended, or saw very little active service(Fokker D.VIII & Sopwith Snipe).
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: Destraex on November 20, 2017, 06:25:19 PM
Do they still have different teams for Rise of Flight and BOS?
I wonder if the ROF team has just moved straight into BOS. Should be easy to port it all as it's the same engine?
Title: Re: Good news for WWII flight/tank simmmers
Post by: em2nought on November 21, 2017, 01:33:10 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 20, 2017, 12:02:55 PM

There is, it is fair to say, still work to do and over the coming months we will be creating our first paid for expansion (v5.00) which will include many new aircraft and a complete new Theatre of Operations, that being the North Africa campaign.


Note my emphasis added!

Well Desert Fighters certain took it's time to get here  :bd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYOe6gHQRck (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYOe6gHQRck)