For the ones who still remember this great song....
I am usually not very much into country music but there are/were some great artists.
This weekend, i am mostly going to play
Oriental Empires...while i have most cities, i still don't manage to have a good score. I still have a lot to learn in this game.
Otherwise, i think i'll play around with some of the many (too many) games i have. Maybe on space 4x.
To conclude, another country song, much much more recent... ;)
Complete the Star Wars Battlefront II campaign (which shouldn't be long at all according to Angry Joe and my daughter) and maybe give online play a go.
Continue to read up on and learn Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa
Not alot of time this weekend with 4 rugby matches to watch and the final F1 Grand Prix of the season
Have a great weekend. I hope all you bods across the pond have survived.
by the way - I remember that classic - great song and a great artist.
PBEM turns for CM Red Thunder, Flashpoint Campaigns, Pike and Shot and JTCS West Front, other than that it will be a lot of TOAW4 and old school Doom with the new Project Brutality mod beta. Enjoy your gaming everyone.
In theory a long holiday weekend for me, however due to a big deadline in the middle of December I'm going to go in for a few hours tomorrow. Traffic should fun, especially since we have a Home Depot and Lowes across form our office.
On the gaming front, some mix of Diablo 3, Prepar3d, CMANO, TOAW 4, FOG 2, and Crusader Kings 2. Need to get some videos for my youtube channel done while I have some time off. Want to finish my play through of Command: Live! Black Gold Blitz so I can get back to Shifting Sands, as well as starts some series on CK2, FOG2, and TOAW 4. TOAW 4 videos might have to get pushed a little since I just got it a few days ago, and with the holiday I haven't done much more then look at the opening menu and start skimming through the manual.
Gotta work today, hoping for a quiet office. The wife went to NYC with her scrapbooking friends, so hoping to get some serious gaming in. Will have to look closely at the sales and see if there is anything that I really want. My son will be coming home from NYC for the year soon, so I may have to move my Computer back down cellar. At least that means I'll have the rudder pedals and Joystick read to go, so get back into the virtual skies. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!
If I can find any spare time it will be with War in the West or EUIV with the Cradle of Civilization expansion just added
I'm going to try getting 'Rifles in the Ardennes' onto the table and play a few turns.
Quote from: Staggerwing on November 24, 2017, 08:08:38 AM
I'm going to try getting 'Rifles in the Ardennes' onto the table and play a few turns.
Pics!
Raking leaves mostly.
After that some Diablo 3 and WitW. I feel I'm actually starting to understand how to work the interface little by little.
Nice change-of-pace song choices anguille, well done! Trying to delve deeper into the layers of TOAW4 and haven't even tried the new naval changes yet.
Today, which is Black Friday, I will try to make more room in the refrigerator by eating Thanksgiving leftovers.
I may be playing Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations WOTY (https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/command-modern-air-naval-operations-woty) if I decide to buy it from Fanatical (formerly Bundle Stars) while it is on sale for $19.99 (+ an extra 10% off by using the code BLACKFRIDAY10), or ~ $17.99 U.S.
This is how Christmas music sounds after being in there for
hours. They do a version of the 1812 Overture that will make make you bust your guts laughing.
"Black Friday...It's Black Friday...Shit."
It will be my third tour, and I wake nightly sweating with the nightmares of the screams of anguished colleagues, the hordes of the angry shoppers and endless bombardment of that awful dreck...the horror, the horror. :uglystupid2:
Going into work later today, I have been playing quite a bit of Endless Space. I started playing it after the free weekend for ES2 (which I was impressed with) and I might dig into some Stellaris this weekend, plus I might grab Leviathans, and maybe Synthetic Dawn.
Avoiding interacting with the public and shopping places at all costs today...just like any other day.
Later on I hope to continue my Polish Stainless Steel campaign...I have taken out Lithuania and Kievan Rus, and now Hungary is getting all up in my grille so...going to smack them around before my final objective: taking out the Holy Roman Empire.
Would like to play some Pike and Shot Campaigns too.
Great song, love me some John Denver!
I really should boot up M2TW again...it's been too long, and there's none of that pesky province bullshit in it.
Anyway, I was really posting to say, you can't go wrong with CMANO at that price, Greybriar. It is, frankly, a game with unlimited gameplay provided you're into naval warfare.
I saw that Fritz 13 is on sale for $10 on Steam...if I get that, which I plan to soon, I might boot that up. Not sure what else, yet.
Quote from: Toonces on November 24, 2017, 04:47:00 PM
I saw that Fritz 13 is on sale for $10 on Steam...if I get that, which I plan to soon, I might boot that up. Not sure what else, yet.
i've looked at that too, but there's so many free options just as good, especially for learning. I like to do the tactics puzzles and guess the move stuff. I still have Chessmaster 10 installed and Chesstutor 1&2 for paid stuff, but use the free stuff with my database for learning mostly.
If you want some links just let me know.
Commander if you do start a M2TW campaign, try the Stainless Steel mod, v6.4.
@ Budd- yes, I would like the links. I've been trying to learn chess for real. I keep reading about free options, but chess.com isn't free.
Quote from: Greybriar on November 24, 2017, 09:48:02 AM
Today, which is Black Friday, I will try to make more room in the refrigerator by eating Thanksgiving leftovers.
I may be playing Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations WOTY (https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/command-modern-air-naval-operations-woty) if I decide to buy it from Fanatical (formerly Bundle Stars) while it is on sale for $19.99 (+ an extra 10% off by using the code BLACKFRIDAY10), or ~ $17.99 U.S.
Thanks, took the plunge.. I bought this last year or the year before on sale for a lot more, but refunded, because I didn't like the UI when I fired it up. But I just started watching Ballogan's tutorials, and I think he can teach me!!.. I really like the whole concept of the game and for this price, might as well give it another shot!.. Thanks again for posting this!
Quote from: Kushan on November 24, 2017, 03:12:40 AM
In theory a long holiday weekend for me, however due to a big deadline in the middle of December I'm going to go in for a few hours tomorrow. Traffic should fun, especially since we have a Home Depot and Lowes across form our office.
On the gaming front, some mix of Diablo 3, Prepar3d, CMANO, TOAW 4, FOG 2, and Crusader Kings 2. Need to get some videos for my youtube channel done while I have some time off. Want to finish my play through of Command: Live! Black Gold Blitz so I can get back to Shifting Sands, as well as starts some series on CK2, FOG2, and TOAW 4. TOAW 4 videos might have to get pushed a little since I just got it a few days ago, and with the holiday I haven't done much more then look at the opening menu and start skimming through the manual.
Probably mostly World of Warships with possibly some FOG2
Quote from: Toonces on November 24, 2017, 06:23:35 PM
@ Budd- yes, I would like the links. I've been trying to learn chess for real. I keep reading about free options, but chess.com isn't free.
Give me a few to gather, i'll be back.
Quote from: MengJiao on November 24, 2017, 06:40:17 PM
Quote from: Kushan on November 24, 2017, 03:12:40 AM
In theory a long holiday weekend for me, however due to a big deadline in the middle of December I'm going to go in for a few hours tomorrow. Traffic should fun, especially since we have a Home Depot and Lowes across form our office.
On the gaming front, some mix of Diablo 3, Prepar3d, CMANO, TOAW 4, FOG 2, and Crusader Kings 2. Need to get some videos for my youtube channel done while I have some time off. Want to finish my play through of Command: Live! Black Gold Blitz so I can get back to Shifting Sands, as well as starts some series on CK2, FOG2, and TOAW 4. TOAW 4 videos might have to get pushed a little since I just got it a few days ago, and with the holiday I haven't done much more then look at the opening menu and start skimming through the manual.
Probably mostly World of Warships with possibly some FOG2
Maybe Pike and Shot ALcazarquivir 1578