GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: airboy on November 24, 2017, 02:31:29 PM

Title: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: airboy on November 24, 2017, 02:31:29 PM
Its that time of year again.  A time when all sorts of games go on sale and those who have huge stacks of unplayed games buy even more.  A time when gamers see what others buy and wince in horror or cry with envy. 

Yes, it is time for the Holiday Sales Damage Thread!

Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: airboy on November 24, 2017, 02:42:31 PM
I'll start.  I bought a boatload of stuff today because of my upcoming travel.

Matrix:
Espania 1936 + box
Birth of Rome + box
Matrix Damage = $52.92

Steam:
Underrail
Avadon 3 & Hint Book
Sovereignty
Steam Damage = $29.21

Gog
Master of Orion (new edition)
Gog Damage = $10.19

Chaosium
Cthulhu Through the Ages
Secrets of New York
Spawn of Azathoth
The Stars Are Right
Masks of Nyarlathotep
Masks of Nylarlathotep Companion
Chaosium Damage $92.08

Goodman Games
Dungeon Crawl Classics (softback)
Judges Guild Deluxe Collectors Edition (hardback)
Tegal Manor T-Shirt
Goodman Games Damage = 89.99


Total Damage thus far = $274.39

Monday will be my last purchase day.  Chaosium has everything in "the vault" 50% off.

The only "sad" part of my purchases is how many were driven by my allergies.  I have a first edition (box) of Masks of Nyarlathotep and Spawn of Azathoth but I cannot read them due to paper deterioration over 35 years which makes my allergies go nuts.  Ditto with the Judges Guild stuff.  But this time almost all purchases were in electronic form which never triggers my allergies.   :'(

On the bright side, with pdfs I can actually replace my game stuff with things I can read again without getting sick.   O:-)




Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: bbmike on November 24, 2017, 03:13:03 PM
Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa...$19.49
Gettysburg: The Tide Turns...$4.89
1812: The Invasion of Canada...$12.49
D&D Lords of Waterdeep...$7.49

Games sitting on my hard drive unplayed? Priceless
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: airboy on November 24, 2017, 03:27:09 PM
Quote from: bbmike on November 24, 2017, 03:13:03 PM
Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa...$19.49
Gettysburg: The Tide Turns...$4.89
1812: The Invasion of Canada...$12.49
D&D Lords of Waterdeep...$7.49

Games sitting on my hard drive unplayed? Priceless

1812: The Invasion of Canada...$12.49 - Blame Canada is always in fashion!
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 24, 2017, 04:13:31 PM
So many games on sale...I just don't know what to choose  :pullhair:

Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: -budd- on November 24, 2017, 04:51:59 PM
NOW THAT'S THE WAY TO START OFF A HOLIDAY SALES DAMAGE THREAD.....Dam airboy, impressive, i feel inadequate :)

I'm making myself look at my backlog before going to the checkout page, nothing so far, holiday sale wise but i did recently purchase FOG2, Pike and Shot Campaigns, TOAW4, Sengoku Jidai bundle, so i'm not totally abstinent.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 24, 2017, 06:33:23 PM
Nothing  O0
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: mirth on November 24, 2017, 06:34:34 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 24, 2017, 06:33:23 PM
Nothing  O0

The way you buy games every day is Christmas :P
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Al on November 24, 2017, 06:38:50 PM
Finally broke down and bought CMANO   :crazy2:
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Destraex on November 24, 2017, 09:39:18 PM
seven years war is about it.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Dammit Carl! on November 24, 2017, 11:38:06 PM
Know I'm going to get Rising Storm 2 and Tannenburg (sp?) so let's get those off the plate.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Destraex on November 24, 2017, 11:43:40 PM
I got the $15 tannenburg as well!!!
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: FarAway Sooner on November 25, 2017, 12:47:18 AM
Damn, Airboy, that's... impressive!?!?

:D
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 25, 2017, 01:25:49 AM
Couple of DLCs for TW: Warhammer
Northern Inferno for CMANO
Amazon Fire TV stick
Amazon Echo (because I want to be wiretapped)
X-Maps for Heroes of the Falklands and Heroes of the Nam
Lock 'n Load Tactical Compendiums vol 2 & 4
Desert, Normandy, and Steppe terrain tiles for TANKS.
3 nerdy shirts with Lancaster, Memphis Belle, and Zero decals

Debating on getting another Fitbit as mine's beat to hell (strap hasp is missing, band's ripped, has chemical burns, and is missing chunks) but it still works.




Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2017, 01:47:17 AM
Quote from: mirth on November 24, 2017, 06:34:34 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 24, 2017, 06:33:23 PM
Nothing  O0

The way you buy games every day is Christmas :P

mmmm.....Sharon? Is that you? :DD
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 25, 2017, 07:31:09 AM
 My major holiday sales purchases were a Sig Sauer P290rs on sale for $275 and a Field & Stream 24+4 gun electronic safe for $399 marked down from $700!

I did get a few games too, but I would say my total damage was under $50.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2017, 07:32:55 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 25, 2017, 07:31:09 AM
My major holiday sales purchases were a Sig Sauer P290rs on sale for $275 and a Field & Stream 24+4 gun electronic safe for $399 marked down from $700!

I did get a few games too, but I would say my total damage was under $50.
ooooh...that looks punchy.

Does anyone know what Pike and Shot is like? I'm on the fence
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 25, 2017, 07:44:45 AM
^P&S is a very good game.  In truth, I haven't played it nearly as much as it derserves, but I enjoyed it and believe it was quite popular. If there was one issue, I believe it did not model the impact of leadership very well, which was a critical factor in battles of the era.

The P290rs is a very small subcompact/pocketgun. When I'm at work and not wearing a suit, I need a very small,gun that can be concealed in my pocket. Finding a good pocket gun with full size features is hard to find. I look for full sights, restrike capabaility, slide lockback after last shot, decent trigger pull, etc. not easy to find all that in a tiny package.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2017, 08:33:09 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 25, 2017, 07:44:45 AM
^P&S is a very good game.  In truth, I haven't played it nearly as much as it derserves, but I enjoyed it and believe it was quite popular. If there was one issue, I believe it did not model the impact of leadership very well, which was a critical factor in battles of the era.

The P290rs is a very small subcompact/pocketgun. When I'm at work and not wearing a suit, I need a very small,gun that can be concealed in my pocket. Finding a good pocket gun with full size features is hard to find. I look for full sights, restrike capabaility, slide lockback after last shot, decent trigger pull, etc. not easy to find all that in a tiny package.
That statement really hit me. Just from the pov of not understanding what it would be like to know a colleague in my workplace would be carrying a gun. It's so...out of whack with my environment.

Not judging or trying to start a discussion on it. I'm aware of the discussions on gun owning and also - as a person who has shot guns before - I'm a bit jealous...I thoroughly enjoyed it when I was in the forces.

I was just pointing out how odd that statement felt to me in a country where guns aren't allowed so please don't read anything else into my post.

Thanks for the info on P&S...holiday sale is tempting me.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 25, 2017, 09:06:18 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2017, 08:33:09 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 25, 2017, 07:44:45 AM
^P&S is a very good game.  In truth, I haven't played it nearly as much as it derserves, but I enjoyed it and believe it was quite popular. If there was one issue, I believe it did not model the impact of leadership very well, which was a critical factor in battles of the era.

The P290rs is a very small subcompact/pocketgun. When I'm at work and not wearing a suit, I need a very small,gun that can be concealed in my pocket. Finding a good pocket gun with full size features is hard to find. I look for full sights, restrike capabaility, slide lockback after last shot, decent trigger pull, etc. not easy to find all that in a tiny package.
That statement really hit me. Just from the pov of not understanding what it would be like to know a colleague in my workplace would be carrying a gun. It's so...out of whack with my environment.

Not judging or trying to start a discussion on it. I'm aware of the discussions on gun owning and also - as a person who has shot guns before - I'm a bit jealous...I thoroughly enjoyed it when I was in the forces.

I was just pointing out how odd that statement felt to me in a country where guns aren't allowed so please don't read anything else into my post.

Thanks for the info on P&S...holiday sale is tempting me.

LoL. You know us crazy Americans and our guns. In lower NY where I live, you have to obtain a license to carry a concealed weapon. It's very rare particularly since  they are very difficult to obtain, requiring the license holder to demonstrate necessity. In other parts of the country concealed carry permit holders are much more common.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Crossroads on November 25, 2017, 09:16:25 AM
WitW Operation Torch 

Now, given the depth of that game, and that I actually want to play it (a lot), I should quit right there... Must. Resist.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 25, 2017, 09:50:03 AM
I'm about to start playing Pike and Shot Campaigns myself...IIRC there is some kind of Transylvania campaign that I have been looking forward to.

I have not bought anything on sale yet.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2017, 10:08:39 AM
Ended up picking up TOAW IV (with printed manual obviously})  because of the 44% discount from Matrix.

Kudos to them by the way for providing such coupons. They don't often get their praises sung...less nowadays by me what with imo daft release practices and expensive games...so thank you very much Matrix  :notworthy:
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: -budd- on November 25, 2017, 10:57:07 AM
I haven't had Pike and Shot long, 3 scenarios against the AI and about to start a fourth pbem game but I must say this is turning out to be one of my favorite purchases. The battle academy games didn't grab me with this engine but it works for Pike and Shot and Sengoku Jidai. Jarhead is right no leaders in PS but there modeled on SJ. The AI is quite good in PS and there are a bunch of user made stuff to download in game. I'll be playing this a long time.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 25, 2017, 11:23:46 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2017, 10:08:39 AM
Ended up picking up TOAW IV (with printed manual obviously})  because of the 44% discount from Matrix.

Kudos to them by the way for providing such coupons. They don't often get their praises sung...less nowadays by me what with imo daft release practices and expensive games...so thank you very much Matrix  :notworthy:

Way to go JD...a little longer than I thought:)   I agree about the coupon, maybe if I use enough of them over time it will make up for the WIF disaster :)

With the latest patch, my game seems to work better so hopefully that continues and I can focus on trying to finally learn this monster.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 25, 2017, 11:27:49 AM
I really like Battle Academy so I hope that carries over to Pike and Shot.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 25, 2017, 11:40:27 AM
Personally, I am still doing good with no "holiday purchases"...however prior to the sales I certainly burned some funds with various things.....few things I'll keep my eye on, but nothing at that moment that I am dying to have....but I am sure a few things will land in my cart:)
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: airboy on November 25, 2017, 11:43:12 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 25, 2017, 07:31:09 AM
My major holiday sales purchases were a Sig Sauer P290rs on sale for $275 and a Field & Stream 24+4 gun electronic safe for $399 marked down from $700!

I did get a few games too, but I would say my total damage was under $50.

You got a good deal on the gun safe.  Do you have little ones at home now?

I'm going to go quail hunting a lot this winter.  I'm in the best quail hunting region of the world.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Cyrano on November 25, 2017, 12:46:28 PM
Just pieces and parts:

1.  Steel Division for my son so we can co-op.

2.  The IG expansion for Sanctus Reach.

3.  Atilla because, well, everybody seems to like it and for just over $10...

Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 25, 2017, 12:55:34 PM
Quote from: airboy on November 25, 2017, 11:43:12 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 25, 2017, 07:31:09 AM
My major holiday sales purchases were a Sig Sauer P290rs on sale for $275 and a Field & Stream 24+4 gun electronic safe for $399 marked down from $700!

I did get a few games too, but I would say my total damage was under $50.

You got a good deal on the gun safe.  Do you have little ones at home now?

I'm going to go quail hunting a lot this winter.  I'm in the best quail hunting region of the world.

Yes...the safe was a fantastic deal that I just couldn't pass up, even though technically I didn't absolutely need it. its got room for 24 long guns, plus a factory installed door organizer with pockets for 4 handguns.

Yes, I do have a 4 year old daughter. All of my guns are secured in safes wherever they are in my house. I have a locked gun locker in my master bedroom, as well as an electronic safe for handguns. I have another electronic safe down in my office and two large fire/water proof 500lb+ safes, as well as two more lockers in my workshop. All of these safes require a combination, or a key to access.

Have fun on the hunt!
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: jamus34 on November 25, 2017, 02:49:15 PM
JH - I say this with the upmost respect...you are one interesting cat.

I can only imagine the stories you could tell.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Rayfer on November 25, 2017, 03:02:18 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on November 25, 2017, 12:46:28 PM
Just pieces and parts:

1.  Steel Division for my son so we can co-op.

2.  The IG expansion for Sanctus Reach.

3.  Atilla because, well, everybody seems to like it and for just over $10...

I've been mulling over an impulse purchase...Atilla or Shogun 2? Not sure which but definitely not both.  :-\
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 25, 2017, 03:03:35 PM
^SHOGUN 2
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: chemkid on November 25, 2017, 03:06:47 PM
too sad steel division won't run on my 'rig'... gotta stick to them grigsby games!
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2017, 04:51:07 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 25, 2017, 11:23:46 AM
Way to go JD...a little longer than I thought:)
Oh ye of little faith 😁
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: bbmike on November 25, 2017, 05:44:52 PM
Added War in the West because JD isn't doing his part.  <:-)
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Cyrano on November 25, 2017, 06:16:07 PM
I suppose I'm the wrong one to ask because the era covered by Shogun is the only one that never grabbed me.  That said, it was the first game where I felt the graphics "turned the corner" in terms of optimization suddenly balancing looks and performance.  Also, the period works well, I'm told, with the strategic layer, which strikes me as likely.

That said, were I choosing (between two games that cost $20 between them) it would likely be Attila.

Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: bob48 on November 25, 2017, 06:24:51 PM
Nothing for me so far.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 25, 2017, 06:32:55 PM
Shogun 2 is elegant - everything blends perfectly. The graphics, the UI, the music...it is a work of game art.

I love the time period but for me Attila is second to Shogun 2. I really think Shogun 2 is the best TW game of all time.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: bbmike on November 25, 2017, 06:41:15 PM
Quote from: bob48 on November 25, 2017, 06:24:51 PM
Nothing for me so far.

Fear not. Cyber Monday is coming.  :P
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 25, 2017, 06:46:38 PM
SHUT UP DEVIL
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: bbmike on November 25, 2017, 06:51:17 PM
 >:D
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 25, 2017, 07:07:43 PM
I have bought nothing so far...mostly because there are so many games that look good with some deep discounts and I can't decide :/
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: mirth on November 25, 2017, 07:46:15 PM
Just buy Deserts of Kharak for cryin out loud.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 25, 2017, 07:48:37 PM
I may do just that.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 25, 2017, 07:48:58 PM
Or not  O0
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: bbmike on November 25, 2017, 07:52:50 PM
Ask him what he bought!
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 25, 2017, 07:54:11 PM
^Yeah! Besides Kharak, of course...punk
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 26, 2017, 12:08:19 AM
You should buy Shadow Tactics.  It's got kung-fu grip stabbing action!
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Arctic Blast on November 26, 2017, 01:07:08 AM
1. Wolfenstein II. Don't remember the exact price, but the discount plus additional reduction from a discount code made it 58% off on Green Man Gaming. And I need a new shooter.
2. Sword Coast Legends 50% off on Steam.
3. Missile Cards 40% off on Steam.
4. Chime Sharp 70% off on Steam.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: mirth on November 26, 2017, 01:22:00 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 25, 2017, 07:54:11 PM
^Yeah! Besides Kharak, of course...punk

Besides Kharak,  I do have a couple hundred dollars worth of board games coming next week. And I bought Destiny and Destiny 2 for Xbox last week.

Let me know when you've bought a game...punk.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Rayfer on November 26, 2017, 07:08:47 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 26, 2017, 01:07:08 AM
1. Wolfenstein II. Don't remember the exact price, but the discount plus additional reduction from a discount code made it 58% off on Green Man Gaming. And I need a new shooter.
2. Sword Coast Legends 50% off on Steam.
3. Missile Cards 40% off on Steam.
4. Chime Sharp 70% off on Steam.

Thanks AB...I had forgotten about Sword Coast Legends. At $7.49 I'm going to grab it later today.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: bbmike on November 26, 2017, 08:52:23 AM
Quote from: mirth on November 26, 2017, 01:22:00 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 25, 2017, 07:54:11 PM
^Yeah! Besides Kharak, of course...punk

Besides Kharak,  I do have a couple hundred dollars worth of board games coming next week. And I bought Destiny and Destiny 2 for Xbox last week.

Let me know when you've bought a game...punk.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fsidi.jpg&hash=2fc02e637504f79deb8f99e78bd1ee4feff76f82)
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 26, 2017, 11:40:16 AM
No purchase yet 😎
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Con on November 26, 2017, 12:49:08 PM
Deserts of Kharak
Tigers on the hunt and associated dlc
Decisive campaigns Barbarossa
Scourge of war Waterloo collectors edition

And a new psu for my new computer since the stock one was giving off coil whine that was driving me nuts

Con
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Toonces on November 26, 2017, 01:13:49 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on November 26, 2017, 07:08:47 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 26, 2017, 01:07:08 AM
1. Wolfenstein II. Don't remember the exact price, but the discount plus additional reduction from a discount code made it 58% off on Green Man Gaming. And I need a new shooter.
2. Sword Coast Legends 50% off on Steam.
3. Missile Cards 40% off on Steam.
4. Chime Sharp 70% off on Steam.

Thanks AB...I had forgotten about Sword Coast Legends. At $7.49 I'm going to grab it later today.

Same here, nice one AB!
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Toonces on November 26, 2017, 01:29:39 PM
I picked up a handful of games off my wishlist:

Motorsport Manager
Silent Hunter 4 U-boat Missions
Armello
The Long Dark


Total was just shy of $40.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Anguille on November 26, 2017, 01:32:36 PM
So far on steam:

Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Panzer Corps Sea Lion
Panzer Corps Soviet Corps
Gary Grigsby's War in the West
Gary Grigsby's War in the West: Operation Torch
Scourge of War: Wavre

CHF 54.50
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Rayfer on November 26, 2017, 02:01:16 PM
Total War: Shogun 2 and Sword Coast Legends  Total damage: $15.00
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 26, 2017, 02:36:20 PM
^Yes! Well done.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: WallysWorld on November 26, 2017, 03:28:35 PM
Nothing in the game department so far, but I'm sure that will change later today.

But I bought two hardware items on sale: a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro to replace my failing one and a 2 TB external portable hard drive for backups. Saved $80 CAD with both.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 26, 2017, 04:06:34 PM
I am proud to finally say that I have fired up Pike & Shot campaigns and won my first tutorial engagement...stoked that it is the same engine as Battle Academy but in a highly undergamed era! I have been looking for something like this...forever. Plus Bawb checked in on my status and said there are regular PBEM games going on. Then I downloaded about 25 new scenarios and campaigns for battles and wars that I have never even heard of. As Bawb said this should 'keep me quiet' for the winter.

I may get nothing new at all! And I owe it all to Pike & Shot Campaigns...as well as Sengoku Jidai, which just moved WAY up on must-play list.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: bob48 on November 26, 2017, 04:18:39 PM
 :bd: :bd:
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Father Ted on November 26, 2017, 06:05:45 PM
Somewhat bizarrely I've picked up Planet Coaster.   Theme parks IRL are not at all my thing, but  the design and management aspects of this piqued my interest.  We'll see...
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: mirth on November 26, 2017, 07:29:05 PM
Quote from: bbmike on November 26, 2017, 08:52:23 AM
Quote from: mirth on November 26, 2017, 01:22:00 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 25, 2017, 07:54:11 PM
^Yeah! Besides Kharak, of course...punk

Besides Kharak,  I do have a couple hundred dollars worth of board games coming next week. And I bought Destiny and Destiny 2 for Xbox last week.

Let me know when you've bought a game...punk.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fsidi.jpg&hash=2fc02e637504f79deb8f99e78bd1ee4feff76f82)

They have flowed alright.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Arctic Blast on November 26, 2017, 09:23:43 PM
Quote from: Toonces on November 26, 2017, 01:13:49 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on November 26, 2017, 07:08:47 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 26, 2017, 01:07:08 AM
1. Wolfenstein II. Don't remember the exact price, but the discount plus additional reduction from a discount code made it 58% off on Green Man Gaming. And I need a new shooter.
2. Sword Coast Legends 50% off on Steam.
3. Missile Cards 40% off on Steam.
4. Chime Sharp 70% off on Steam.

Thanks AB...I had forgotten about Sword Coast Legends. At $7.49 I'm going to grab it later today.

Same here, nice one AB!

Always happy to spread the wallet damage out to others.  >:D
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Bardolph on November 26, 2017, 10:51:45 PM
So far just Assetto Corsa and a bunch of DLC for it. Tried it in the past and it ran very poorly but they've done something to optimize it as it runs reasonably well on my triple screens powered by an ancient vid card now (with everything on low settings but triples is more important than lens flare to me). Had a lot of fun last night in multiplayer on the Nurburgring-Nordschleife with some guys that were around my speed.

Looking at several wargames but haven't jumped yet.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Pete Dero on November 27, 2017, 05:55:31 AM
Sudden Strike 4 + Dunkirk DLC  $ 25.98  (Wingamestore)
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Yskonyn on November 27, 2017, 06:11:16 AM
I picked up Empyrion cause it looks interesting. Other than that no buys in the digital realm.
I did buy the new Conan RPG book.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Tuna on November 27, 2017, 06:44:00 AM
CMANO
Project Zomboid
Endless Space 2

eyeing
Flashpoint Campaigns
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: airboy on November 27, 2017, 09:42:14 AM
Quote from: airboy on November 24, 2017, 02:42:31 PM
I'll start.  I bought a boatload of stuff today because of my upcoming travel.

Matrix:
Espania 1936 + box
Birth of Rome + box
Matrix Damage = $52.92

Steam:
Underrail
Avadon 3 & Hint Book
Sovereignty
Steam Damage = $29.21

Gog
Master of Orion (new edition)
Gog Damage = $10.19

Chaosium
Cthulhu Through the Ages
Secrets of New York
Spawn of Azathoth
The Stars Are Right
Masks of Nyarlathotep
Masks of Nylarlathotep Companion
Chaosium Damage $92.08

Goodman Games
Dungeon Crawl Classics (softback)
Judges Guild Deluxe Collectors Edition (hardback)
Tegal Manor T-Shirt
Goodman Games Damage = 89.99


Total Damage thus far = $274.39

Monday will be my last purchase day.  Chaosium has everything in "the vault" 50% off.

The only "sad" part of my purchases is how many were driven by my allergies.  I have a first edition (box) of Masks of Nyarlathotep and Spawn of Azathoth but I cannot read them due to paper deterioration over 35 years which makes my allergies go nuts.  Ditto with the Judges Guild stuff.  But this time almost all purchases were in electronic form which never triggers my allergies.   :'(

On the bright side, with pdfs I can actually replace my game stuff with things I can read again without getting sick.   O:-)

Plus $60 of 50% off scenarios and monographs from the Chaosium.  This was a round dozen of titles.

This puts me at $334. and I'm done for the season.

It ends up being about $100 in computer games and $234 in RPG materials.  I'm getting back into RPGs and I plan to do so even more after I retire.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Sir Slash on November 27, 2017, 04:34:55 PM
To End All Wars- Breaking the Deadlock add-on for $9. I'm a big spender.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: jamus34 on November 27, 2017, 04:50:21 PM
Nothing yet but that will change tonight.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: CJReich46 on November 27, 2017, 05:58:05 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on November 27, 2017, 04:50:21 PM
Nothing yet but that will change tonight.

Same here, but I have a feeling I'll be breaking that tomorrow.

Possibly some stuff on GOG, and Steam.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 27, 2017, 06:06:22 PM
Bought Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and Syrian Warfare for a total of ~33.00. Held out until I was absolutely sure of what I wanted. May not get anything during the winter sales...until I do :)
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: mirth on November 27, 2017, 06:11:29 PM
Shoulda got Deserts of Kharak
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 27, 2017, 06:16:54 PM
Almost did. More interested in the other two now...I'm sure I will get it at the next sale. Plus looking at my backlog depresses me. I wish I could buy some more time at Steam in addition to games.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 27, 2017, 06:17:30 PM
Bought

Shadow Tactics                                            $21.99
Blood for the Blood God DLC                           $2.99
Chaos Warriors DLC                                       $5.89

Heroes of the Falklands X-Maps                     $18.99
Heroes of the Nam X-Maps                            $18.99
LNL Tactical Compendium Vol 2                     $31.99
LNL Tactical Compendium Vol 4                     $31.99

Amazon Fire TV stick                                     $49.99
Amazon Echo                                                $99.99
FitBit Charge 2                                            $129.95

Star Wars: Armada Rebel Transports              $17.25
Sat Wars: Armada Imperial Assault Carriers    $17.25

3 Groggy nerd shirts                                      $85.00

Plus taxes and shipping and whatnot            ~$620 or so
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 27, 2017, 06:18:39 PM
DAYUM, son.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: mirth on November 27, 2017, 06:19:47 PM
Now that's a list!
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 27, 2017, 06:22:28 PM
wow......I likely will only come away with Wings Over Flanders Ultimate Edition later this week.....crazy as it seems, been itching to play this again for some reason.....I'll probably play for a few hours and then move on as always:)
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 27, 2017, 06:33:14 PM
^Yours is sad tale.

Just fired up Syrian Warfare and the music freaks me out.

And Hellblade looks amazing.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Toonces on November 27, 2017, 07:55:54 PM
I've re-bought WoFF twice, as well as buying the add-ons and upgrades...up to the Ultimate Edition.  I simply have not even gotten my money's worth out of the version I have to justify buying the game yet again.  So, for now, I'm holding off.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 27, 2017, 07:58:45 PM
i only had the first edition without any add ons....so i justified to myself it was a big enough jump for me.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Toonces on November 27, 2017, 08:00:11 PM
^ Yeah, if I was in that boat I definitely would have jumped by now.  I think I'm into the game for about $150 at this point, and I probably have less than 100 hours invested total.  I would like to get UE at some point, though.

Also, well done SDR!   :notworthy:
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: jamus34 on November 27, 2017, 09:25:18 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on November 27, 2017, 04:50:21 PM
Nothing yet but that will change tonight.

Picked up Twilight Struggle for $7.50

And now the wait for the winter sale.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: CJReich46 on November 28, 2017, 12:44:08 AM
Well..the only thing on sale was Leviathans for Stellaris.

So...

Leviathans - 4.99
Synthetic Dawn -9.99
Lumens for Polaris Sector 9.99

Not too bad.  But as Jamus said, now to wait for the Winter Sale.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: MikeGER on November 28, 2017, 07:06:59 AM
Quote from: CJReich46 on November 28, 2017, 12:44:08 AM

Leviathans - 4.99
Synthetic Dawn -9.99
Lumens for Polaris Sector 9.99


your list inspired me to follow in your footpath to get the same  (i had also those DLC on my wishlist) ...a last minute Steam grab ;)
the biggest damage item was StarWars Battlefront 2  ... i like it so far,
(logged already 38h, mostly MP and a little arcade, did not touched the campaign yet) 

...the weather is cold and rainy, garden work is done,  and my leisure activity start shifting heavy to indoor* 
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: bbmike on November 28, 2017, 07:13:21 AM
Lumens for Polaris Sector? What's that in watts?  ^-^
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Skwerl on November 28, 2017, 08:20:30 AM
All from Steam:

Endless Space 2  20
Blitzkrieg 3         18
Sudden Strike 4  25

Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Tpek on November 28, 2017, 01:26:27 PM
Didn't get much during this sale.

Space Hulk: Deathwing (it was 50% off and a huge content patch is supposed to come out next month, adding MP progression and such).

And some DLCs for Rift (started playing it again).

Plus Dominions 5, though it was not the sale :P
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: WallysWorld on November 28, 2017, 01:47:48 PM
Other than my two hardware buys, I bought the following on Steam:

American Truck Simulator - Wheel Tuning Pack
American Truck Simulator - Steering Creations Pack
American Truck Simulator - Heavy Cargo Pack    
American Truck Simulator - New Mexico  (all four were in a bundle)
Command: Northern Inferno (to go with the main game that I bought at Fanatical a few weeks ago)
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Toonces on November 28, 2017, 05:22:08 PM
^ Crap, I meant to get American Truck Simulator!  I just forgot.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: bbmike on November 28, 2017, 08:09:57 PM
Quote from: Toonces on November 28, 2017, 05:22:08 PM
^ Crap, I meant to get American Truck Simulator!  I just forgot.

Just drive down I-81 through Virginia and you will never want to see another truck again.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: mirth on November 28, 2017, 08:12:13 PM
Or I-80 across Pennsylvania.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 28, 2017, 08:56:48 PM
^THAT x 1000
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Staggerwing on November 28, 2017, 09:13:16 PM
Except, you would be the guy sitting in the truck. Mwuhahaha!
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: MetalDog on November 28, 2017, 09:34:13 PM
Live in the South.  Where trucks come with essential noise cancelling equipment optional.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Toonces on November 30, 2017, 05:40:05 PM
I refunded all the games I purchased during the sale except the SH4 U-boat missions DLC.  I simply don't need any new games right now; they're just going to sit in the library so what's the point.

Sorry...I feel like I've let you all down.   :-[
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 30, 2017, 05:54:54 PM
(https://i.imgur.com/3JDHLkq.gif)
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Dammit Carl! on November 30, 2017, 06:00:59 PM
So as it stands, along with a new computer (wanted more than needed and it's a gaming-specific rig supposedly), I'm down for RS2:Viet Nam, H1Z1, Tannenburg, and TC Ghost Wildlands.

And despite all these new games, I'm wetting my gaming whistle more on The Division than anything else. Popping Cleaners' fuel tanks is my new jam, yo.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: bbmike on November 30, 2017, 06:03:58 PM
Quote from: Toonces on November 30, 2017, 05:40:05 PM
I refunded all the games I purchased during the sale except the SH4 U-boat missions DLC.  I simply don't need any new games right now; they're just going to sit in the library so what's the point.

Sorry...I feel like I've let you all down.   :-[

You have.  :2funny:
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 30, 2017, 06:32:28 PM
Ooh Tannenburg...post impressions!
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Sir Slash on November 30, 2017, 07:32:07 PM
It's too early for April Fool's Toonces.  :timeout:
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Dammit Carl! on November 30, 2017, 07:58:32 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 30, 2017, 06:32:28 PM
Ooh Tannenburg...post impressions!

Prettier than Verdun in terms of maps with greenery and hills.  Not seeing action (nobody on maps) outside of the Team games (i.e. rifle deathmatch, etc.) so bummed there. To me, this should have been DLC for Verdun so they could have lumped all the WW1 goodness together but me am no smart man.

Anyhoo, RS2 on Aussie maps with actual Aussies running coms is pretty sweet.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on November 30, 2017, 09:34:46 PM
^How quickly do you take a shot to the face and die?
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on November 30, 2017, 09:46:06 PM
I haven't bought jack so far. Unless you count the free X-Com Bureau game. Otherwise not a cent.

ATS is a lot of fun, Toonces. You should get it.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: OJsDad on November 30, 2017, 10:01:10 PM
Picked up Next War: Poland.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Toonces on December 01, 2017, 07:32:03 AM
^ Oooooh, I didn't know that was out.  The completionist in me wants that badly.  However, it will end up on the shelf, next to the unplayed copies of Korea and Taiwan.  So...ah, the old wargame dilemma rears it's head.

Anyway, that was my first experience using Steam's refund system and I have to say that was about as painless as it gets.  Submit the request and a half hour later all is forgiven.  I wish all of life was that easy.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 01, 2017, 09:16:56 AM
Did you buy ATS and then refund it?

I'm thinking about getting Xenonauts...
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Toonces on December 01, 2017, 10:44:10 AM
Nah, when the heck am I going to get around to driving a truck around on a computer?
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 01, 2017, 11:39:05 AM
Quote from: Toonces on December 01, 2017, 10:44:10 AM
Nah, when the heck am I going to get around to driving a truck around on a computer?

When you're at home drinking a copper tumbler full of whiskey? ;)
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: Gusington on December 01, 2017, 05:48:08 PM
So every day?
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: joram on December 01, 2017, 06:39:19 PM
So far just West of Loathing.  Haven't gotten very far yet but so far enjoy the humor.
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: chemkid on December 05, 2017, 05:40:49 AM
from matrixgames:

- everything 'Order of Battle WW2'
- missing dlc from my Panzercorps Collection (now, i'm gold)

...couldn't wait for my coupon to hit - i'm sure you know someone, right?! ;)
Title: Re: The Holiday Sales Damage Thread
Post by: nelmsm on December 06, 2017, 08:27:39 PM
Picked up the Chains of War DLC for CMNAO and still eying Campaigns Along the Danube and Espana '36 to complete my AGEOD collection of games I rarely play