GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on December 08, 2017, 06:55:37 AM

Title: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on December 08, 2017, 06:55:37 AM



Friday glorious Friday!  The whole weekend of possibility opens before us!  Into that space, I will be playing some Civ IV mp, continue my Medeival 2:TW campaign as Venice.  There will also be p&p D&D Saturday night.  The group is assaulting a temple of Dragon Cultists.  It's not going well for them so far ;)  Happy weekend, brothers and sisters!!!
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: mirth on December 08, 2017, 06:59:08 AM
Full day of minis gaming on Saturday if the weather doesn't screw up the roads too badly for travel.

Hope to get some time with Deserts of Kharak and Destiny 2.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: bbmike on December 08, 2017, 08:50:46 AM
Advanced Tactics Gold.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Tuna on December 08, 2017, 08:58:12 AM
Quote from: bbmike on December 08, 2017, 08:50:46 AM
Advanced Tactics Gold.

Always wanted to like this one, thought it looked good for me on paper. But could never get into it!
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 08, 2017, 09:19:51 AM
Going deeper in to the woods this weekend so no gaming until Sunday. My M2TW Stainless Steel campaign as Poland looks like it may be wrapping up soon as Hungary, Novgorod and Venice gang tackle me and wipe me off the face of the earth. Also continuing to play some SP Pike and Shot as well as some PBEM Pike and Shot with Bawb.

Other than that, looking for something new. Maybe Hellblade or maybe I will finally start a Warhammer TW campaign.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 08, 2017, 09:31:35 AM
I will be setting up Battle of Britain on the table. I might try and finish my Star Wars:Battlefront II campaign.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Destraex on December 08, 2017, 09:52:50 AM
Some wows to maybe get the hmas vampire dd.
Rising storm 2
Probably some total war arena beta
Perhaps some rome2
Maybe some naval action legends.... Naval action open world seems to have made sailing more realistic but not tempted by it until they do a major patch.
Hoping to try war of rights
So e star citizen flapping around with control settings.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 08, 2017, 10:06:58 AM
I've gone back to Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Will also play some RIOT: Civil Unrest, test out the latest build of Star Citizen 3.0 and take a few flights of Falcon BMS to keep my proficiency up.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: mirth on December 08, 2017, 10:13:47 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 08, 2017, 10:06:58 AM
I've gone back to Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

nice. very nice.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on December 08, 2017, 11:04:59 AM
I picked up a switch so I'll spend some more time with Breath of the wild

DC:Barbarossa & WitW are also high on the priority list.

But in all honesty until I get the replacement part for the new desk chair I bought my gaming will be limited as I'm developing back issues from using a folding chair so I will be limited.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: JasonPratt on December 08, 2017, 03:10:40 PM
1.) Producing a final entry for my video AAR vs Barth on DC1:Blitz.

2.) and/or prepping for a post-mortem commentary on this same. Not sure if that'll be a separate video yet.

3.) Moar FIRE IN THE GROGS 2 mp gaming. Plus more prepping to transition into that video AAR series.

4.) Moar of my new TWILIGHT STRUGGLE mp game.

5.) Getting back (at long last) into my Red Thunder mp game with Yskonyn (which should make a grand AAR video eventually, but that's a way down the road.)

6.) ...unsure what, if anything, I'll be sp-ing yet. Rome Total Empire 2 Vided seems likely. Also the name of my nieces girl-band someday, probably.


Edited to add: come to think of it, with the sequel now out, a proper campaign runthrough of HAND OF FATE has been tugging at my attention.  :smitten:
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: MengJiao on December 08, 2017, 05:20:02 PM
Quote from: Destraex on December 08, 2017, 09:52:50 AM
Some wows to maybe get the hmas vampire dd.
Rising storm 2
Probably some total war arena beta
Perhaps some rome2
Maybe some naval action legends.... Naval action open world seems to have made sailing more realistic but not tempted by it until they do a major patch.
Hoping to try war of rights
So e star citizen flapping around with control settings.

  Mostly Rome II with the DLC and probably some World of Warships.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Destraex on December 08, 2017, 05:27:53 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 08, 2017, 10:06:58 AM
I've gone back to Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Will also play some RIOT: Civil Unrest, test out the latest build of Star Citizen 3.0 and take a few flights of Falcon BMS to keep my proficiency up.

I had real trouble with frame rates in 3.0. But my specs are not those of a super pc which I imagine you have. Did it run ok in the initial space complex for you?
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 08, 2017, 08:08:06 PM
Quote from: Destraex on December 08, 2017, 05:27:53 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 08, 2017, 10:06:58 AM
I've gone back to Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Will also play some RIOT: Civil Unrest, test out the latest build of Star Citizen 3.0 and take a few flights of Falcon BMS to keep my proficiency up.

I had real trouble with frame rates in 3.0. But my specs are not those of a super pc which I imagine you have. Did it run ok in the initial space complex for you?

I have some low frame rates right after loading into the PU, but it seems to stabilize pretty quickly. I've been fortunate to not have a lot of the technical problems many others seem to be reporting. It's definitely playable and enjoyable on my rig.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Destraex on December 08, 2017, 08:16:42 PM
My specs i5 3570k 16gig ram and gtx970 GPU. Not a great rig but plays it at 30FPS smoothly in 2.6 and is well above the base specifications for the game iirc.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 08, 2017, 09:26:46 PM
Quote from: Destraex on December 08, 2017, 08:16:42 PM
My specs i5 3570k 16gig ram and gtx970 GPU. Not a great rig but plays it at 30FPS smoothly in 2.6 and is well above the base specifications for the game iirc.

FWIW, I'm running on an i7-5820k with 32GB RAM and a GeForce 1080.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: bbmike on December 08, 2017, 09:33:45 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 08, 2017, 09:26:46 PM
Quote from: Destraex on December 08, 2017, 08:16:42 PM
My specs i5 3570k 16gig ram and gtx970 GPU. Not a great rig but plays it at 30FPS smoothly in 2.6 and is well above the base specifications for the game iirc.

FWIW, I'm running on an i7-5820k with 32GB RAM and a GeForce 1080.

Only 32GB of RAM?  ::)  :hide:
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on December 09, 2017, 04:26:25 AM
Thanks to the assload of snow we got yesterday here in WNC, I get to spend some more quality time onThe Division.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 09, 2017, 01:17:31 PM
Can The Division be played solo?
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Barthheart on December 09, 2017, 01:53:46 PM
Yep. There's skirmish mode, with straight up free for alls and now attack/defend scenarios, and 3 campaigns, well linked scenarios sets.
Good fun to be with... err.. by yourself.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 09, 2017, 03:42:07 PM
I almost bought this over the Thanksgiving sale week but wasn't sure how fun it would be solo...thanks. Think I will pick it up next sale.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 09, 2017, 03:46:41 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 09, 2017, 01:53:46 PM
Yep. There's skirmish mode, with straight up free for alls and now attack/defend scenarios, and 3 campaigns, well linked scenarios sets.
Good fun to be with... err.. by yourself.

I picked this up awhile ago for pretty cheap but what frustrated me about it seemed like it took a million shots to kill the enemy...is this still the case or am I just mis-remembering?
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 09, 2017, 06:22:00 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 09, 2017, 03:46:41 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 09, 2017, 01:53:46 PM
Yep. There's skirmish mode, with straight up free for alls and now attack/defend scenarios, and 3 campaigns, well linked scenarios sets.
Good fun to be with... err.. by yourself.

I picked this up awhile ago for pretty cheap but what frustrated me about it seemed like it took a million shots to kill the enemy...is this still the case or am I just mis-remembering?

You need to look at it as an RPG and not a traditional shooter. The shooting and hits are point based. That's why it seems odd at times.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on December 09, 2017, 08:24:21 PM
Yeah. The workaround for that as I've found is to have a good marksman rifle to zap with headshots at distance (headshots do a good job oneshotting fools most of the time) and then something to burn their hp down, like an LMG, once they get close.

Oh. And I've done all this solo so far. Up to rank 24 (out of 30) at this point - doable for sure but I've been killed when I've played stupidly plenty of times.

Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Martok on December 10, 2017, 02:03:15 AM
Still doing my round-robin of Rome II, Pandora: First Contact, Pillars of Eternity, and Imperium Galactica II (depending on which genre I'm most in the mood for). 



EDIT:  Good song choice, btw!  Kudos, MetalDog.  8) 
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on December 10, 2017, 10:40:32 AM
Thank you, Martok.  I was beginning to think I was the only one with taste ;)
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: mirth on December 10, 2017, 10:53:01 AM
You have taste. It's just mostly poor taste is all.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on December 10, 2017, 11:13:58 AM
I know.  I like you, don't I?
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: mirth on December 10, 2017, 11:15:56 AM
Which point are you trying to make?
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on December 10, 2017, 11:46:20 AM
Exactly
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Anguille on December 10, 2017, 05:04:25 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 10, 2017, 10:40:32 AM
Thank you, Martok.  I was beginning to think I was the only one with taste ;)
I like this song as well...cool  O0
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on December 10, 2017, 05:39:28 PM
Quote from: Anguille on December 10, 2017, 05:04:25 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 10, 2017, 10:40:32 AM
Thank you, Martok.  I was beginning to think I was the only one with taste ;)
I like this song as well...cool  O0

That's three of us then :)
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: JasonPratt on December 10, 2017, 09:49:13 PM
Well, I did get various things on my list accomplished, including a decision about what single-player game I'll focus on for a while: HAND OF FATE. I've never beaten it, but I love the aesthetic and, being a long-time veteran of the Arkham series I have an edge on the playstyle. (Except I have the strangest trouble remembering which button rolls me and which shield-punches someone. You'd think I'd know this from BatArk, too, since the controller buttons are still the same there, but I don't. It's like the game flips a neuron off...)

The main thing I didn't accomplish was starting back up on my already-epic Red Thunder mp game with Ysk. But I've cleared some decks for that to proceed now over the holidays.  O0
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on December 11, 2017, 06:07:25 AM
Well I've decided to go completely gonzo the past week and picked up a Switch and i have a PS4 coming tomorrow.

So it looks like I'm now back in the console game.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 11, 2017, 09:04:06 AM
WHAT WHAT WHAT
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: mirth on December 11, 2017, 09:05:40 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on December 11, 2017, 06:07:25 AM
Well I've decided to go completely gonzo the past week and picked up a Switch and i have a PS4 coming tomorrow.

So it looks like I'm now back in the console game.

I'm getting a Switch as a Christmas gift for my son.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on December 11, 2017, 09:32:02 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 11, 2017, 09:04:06 AM
WHAT WHAT WHAT

To paraphrase my buddy "well, you're a game whore so it's expected"
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 11, 2017, 09:39:40 AM
Such cruel words.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: bbmike on December 11, 2017, 10:12:03 AM
Quote from: mirth on December 11, 2017, 09:05:40 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on December 11, 2017, 06:07:25 AM
Well I've decided to go completely gonzo the past week and picked up a Switch and i have a PS4 coming tomorrow.

So it looks like I'm now back in the console game.

I'm getting a Switch as a Christmas gift for my son.

I think my mom threatened me with that one Christmas. Switch had a much different meaning back in the 70s.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: bob48 on December 11, 2017, 10:13:17 AM
I love the Alaister Simms avatar. Such a funny man, so he was.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: bbmike on December 11, 2017, 10:22:00 AM
I watch his Scrooge every Christmas.  :smitten:
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on December 11, 2017, 12:41:29 PM
it should be the ONLY Scrooge
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 11, 2017, 12:42:09 PM
Besides mirth, you mean
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on December 11, 2017, 12:43:50 PM
eh, pooey, hes a big softie really
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 11, 2017, 12:46:47 PM
I didn't mean it that way, you lunatic
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on December 11, 2017, 12:49:28 PM
i may have wondered into a minefield here  :(
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: mirth on December 11, 2017, 12:51:55 PM
Hug?
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 11, 2017, 01:00:23 PM
Accepting hugs in ucg's current condition is not recommended.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on December 11, 2017, 01:04:19 PM
im good, im good - hugs all round  :hug:
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on December 11, 2017, 01:05:47 PM
Ignore the mental health advice at your own peril.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: CJReich46 on December 11, 2017, 01:26:20 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 10, 2017, 05:39:28 PM
Quote from: Anguille on December 10, 2017, 05:04:25 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 10, 2017, 10:40:32 AM
Thank you, Martok.  I was beginning to think I was the only one with taste ;)
I like this song as well...cool  O0

That's three of us then :)

Four. I like the song, but anything from Royal Blood is pretty good. I like riff heavy bands. Better than the downtuned screamo bands.


Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on December 11, 2017, 02:18:49 PM
^That's the third single of theirs I have heard and I like all of them.
Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on December 11, 2017, 02:36:17 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 11, 2017, 02:18:49 PM
^That's the third single of theirs I have heard and I like all of them.

Out of the black and figure it out?

Also little monster was a pretty big hit by them

Title: Re: I only lie when I FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on December 11, 2017, 05:03:34 PM
Maybe it's four then ;)