Since I'm having some problems with Steam at the moment, am planning to spend more time with the titles in my GOG library this weekend:
Age of Wonders III,
Imperium Galactica II,
Neverwinter Nights (am feeling inspired by the other thread), and
Imperialism II are only a few of the games that sound appealing right now. :)
The Division's sweet siren call continues to bedevil me. I'm wrapping the core missions up and so very near unlocking the "Underground," DLC finally.
Being a Mosin packin' hipster has never been so much fun.
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on December 15, 2017, 05:07:01 AM
The Division's sweet siren call continues to bedevil me. I'm wrapping the core missions up and so very near unlocking the "Underground," DLC finally.
Being a Mosin packin' hipster has never been so much fun.
Mosin sounds good. I hope to be trying out new varieties of planes in the CLOD extension and maybe some World of Warships and Rome II 270 AD things.
Dunno if gaming apathy or just indecisiveness lately. Bit of both? #:-)
Schizophrenic possibilities:
- DCS Air Quake in the Mirage, F-5, MiG-21, Su-27, and/or F-15 ?
- Field Of Glory 2 campaigning ?
- historical Total War campaign of some sort ?
- Dominions 5 campaigning, if the initial bug patch flurry is ending ?
- try Skyrim, Fallout, or one of numerous other games on my big tv via Steam Link & Steam Controller, with likely controller tweaking involved ?
- say "Fob it!" and start the learning process on one of many unplayed tabletop games ?
The winds of whims change every time I think about it.
Sodden with first world problems. :))
This morning, it will be the first showing of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Upon my return, it will not be anything appropriately space themed. No, it will be the exact opposite, Medieval 2:TW as Venice. I am beset by enemies and my allies are worthless. Oh, and the Mongols just showed up in the Holy Land, which I have spent an inordinate amount of time and treasure building up. Now I guess the invaders will have a nice home.
Project Cars 2
DCS 1.5 with the AV-8B
More of my Battle of Britain:Eagle AAR
JTS Jena (x2) -- the tactical battle with Doug has been one of my most memorable non face-to-face gaming experiences.
Playtesting stuff (x3)
Jena KS -- October 18-19 could prove decisive...or not.
FoG II Holiday tournament -- I do get the criticisms some have shared about this game but, for me, it goes to the desert island.
Battle of Britain -- The big map came. And is big. And awesome. And it comes with toy planes. Hee.
Script memorization -- this is harder as one ages. Self-evident one might think, but really hard to accept nonetheless. Still, great mental exercise.
Fresh off of my spectacular, "Minor Victory" in To End All Wars: the 1915 Serbian Campaign, seriously, seems to be my only possible outcome in this game, I will be spending some quality time with Age of Charlemagne TW where I can get a tactical fix for a change. And build a new Wine Press. :bd: Maybe I will raise a new army of expert warriors and call them, "The GrogHeads of the Apocalypse". That should scare the shit out of all my enemies.
^That scares me.
I will be playing more AssCreed: Rogue. Got to pilot a man o'war in combat last night! It was fab.
ASSCREED
Lots of nieces this weekend, so unsure.
On the other hand, lots of nieces this weekend, so :smitten:
Warhammer: Man-o-war just released its (free) Bretonnian campaign (or Imperial for those who prefer a more Germanic WH experience), and I'm seriously thinking about looking into that. Once I beat Hand of Fate at last, presumably. More than halfway through, which is farther than I've had the concentration to get before. :crazy2:
Damn I forgot all about Man o War. Is it a full release now or is it early access?
Quote from: MetalDog on December 15, 2017, 08:41:14 AM
This morning, it will be the first showing of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Upon my return, it will not be anything appropriately space themed. No, it will be the exact opposite, Medieval 2:TW as Venice. I am beset by enemies and my allies are worthless. Oh, and the Mongols just showed up in the Holy Land, which I have spent an inordinate amount of time and treasure building up. Now I guess the invaders will have a nice home.
That sucks. No chance of fighting them off?
I'll leave this here...
We solve it.
I'll be mainly dabbling in
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock (http://sugarfreegamer.com/deadlocked-defence/), some
The Division,
Caves of Qud (http://www.ascii-curious.com/2017/12/chewing-qud.html), and with a smidge of luck some more
TOAWIV.
Quote from: Gusington on December 15, 2017, 02:00:14 PM
Damn I forgot all about Man o War. Is it a full release now or is it early access?
Full release, v1.3. A few little bits of cosmetic DLC, plus an artbook. Not on sale atm, $30, but worth the price. New content on a timely basis. (There's a Slaanesh campaign, too, maybe others. Also you can start freelance and earn your way into what amounts to a campaign start.)
How I haven't played this game to death already is beyond my understanding. Too many shiny things.
I don't like you. My wallet doesn't like you either. You better watch yourself.
Player Unknown's Battleground. Just picked it up last night. What a riot! <:-)
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 15, 2017, 04:14:21 PM
Player Unknown's Battleground. Just picked it up last night. What a riot! <:-)
Is this the online shooter without teams....a free for all, last person alive wins?
Well, since I got my ps4 up and running I will be pulling some Madden with my buddy and continue my Persona 5 game. Also waiting for Horizon: zero dawn to finish downloading.
Pc wise whatever may float my boat. Maybe some War in the West, Nier Automata, Heroes of the storm, or whatever else tickles my fancy.
Quote from: Rayfer on December 15, 2017, 04:35:36 PM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 15, 2017, 04:14:21 PM
Player Unknown's Battleground. Just picked it up last night. What a riot! <:-)
Is this the online shooter without teams....a free for all, last person alive wins?
Yep. I have been invited to this a few times by friends. It's about being dropped into an area running man style and then having to fight to the last man in an ever shrinking circle.
Would have loved it in my 20s. But I just prefer war themed shooters now. I have played quake before you see. Which this pretty much is to me with a few small modern features.
Kinda reminds me of a zombie survival game really.
Quote from: Martok on December 15, 2017, 03:04:55 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 15, 2017, 08:41:14 AM
This morning, it will be the first showing of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Upon my return, it will not be anything appropriately space themed. No, it will be the exact opposite, Medieval 2:TW as Venice. I am beset by enemies and my allies are worthless. Oh, and the Mongols just showed up in the Holy Land, which I have spent an inordinate amount of time and treasure building up. Now I guess the invaders will have a nice home.
That sucks. No chance of fighting them off?
The only position I don't hold Number 1 in is Finance, so, the prospects of keeping what I had in Europe are high. Even with war from the Byzantines, Milanese, Sicilians, and Egyptians, I should come out on top. But I saw the initial troops the Khan brought with him. They are plentiful and experienced.
They are outside a Turkish city at the very eastern edge of the map. I've made diplomatic contact with them and offered up my Map Information. If I can get them to take Turkey from the east, leaving me relatively undisturbed in Jerusalem, I may be able to finish Byzantium from the west. Even if they take the Holy Land from me, I should be able to make comparable territorial grabs in Italy. Milan is going down!
PUB is a great game limited for me only because my son's PC doesn't run it as well as I'd like.
Hoping they get to a bit of optimization at some point.
The ONLY time it drives me nuts is on the C-130 or what have you when you can suddenly hear the 100-odd dingbats you're on the plane with all at once.
One of them, for reasons known only to He That Fashioned the Internet, will almost always begin cursing a blue streak or using racial slurs...loudly and rapidly.
I fancy it is these that I kill as I hunt through the island.
Quote from: Cyrano on December 15, 2017, 07:05:55 PM
PUB is a great game limited for me only because my son's PC doesn't run it as well as I'd like.
Hoping they get to a bit of optimization at some point.
The ONLY time it drives me nuts is on the C-130 or what have you when you can suddenly hear the 100-odd dingbats you're on the plane with all at once.
One of them, for reasons known only to He That Fashioned the Internet, will almost always begin cursing a blue streak or using racial slurs...loudly and rapidly.
I fancy it is these that I kill as I hunt through the island.
If it helps I once worked with a very respectable guy who had 2 sons of above average education aged 13 and 15 at the time. I drove to his house to drop something off and was invited in for a coffee, in the middle of a conversation he held his hand up with a troubled look on his face, I hadn't heard a thing. He opened the door at the bottom of the stairs and neither of us could help but hear what you've described above spouting from his kids mouths - he apologised and asked me to leave. When I saw him the next day he apologised again and I asked what had happened - he asked them both to come downstairs after I'd gone and bring their PS4 with them, he gave them both a hammer and made them smash it to pieces
I'm playing Underrail - the best RPG capturing the Fallout 2 game experience I've ever played. It has been great (now that I've figured out a work-around on the screen display bug).
I'm going to try to finish up Azathoth vs. the World AAR.
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 15, 2017, 04:14:21 PM
Player Unknown's Battleground. Just picked it up last night. What a riot! <:-)
Yeah. This is probably next on the list for me.
I have this weekend off.
So besides watching Happy! on Syfy. (Best therapy after working in retail!) :DD
I have been just playing Stellaris with Alpha Mod but I am trying to find something that gives me more of a Foundation Trilogy vibe. I am not sure how to do it. I watched a You Tuber named Sapper Squid (he does some pretty good LPs on Aurora) and he did his Stellaris galaxy based on Star Frontiers from TSR (I still remember that).
I might play Pike and Shot, not entirely sure.
But I am going to enjoy my weekend. I so need it after this week.
Think I'll try CMANO or War in the West this weekend and if time is there maybe some EUIV.
Quote from: undercovergeek on December 15, 2017, 07:21:00 PMhe asked them both to come downstairs after I'd gone and bring their PS4 with them, he gave them both a hammer and made them smash it to pieces
And that gave them something to
really cuss about! -- classic. O0
@UCG: Yes. Like that. Always.
Quote from: spelk on December 15, 2017, 03:07:32 PM
I'll leave this here...
We solve it.
Ha, great!
Quote from: MetalDog on December 15, 2017, 07:05:01 PM
Quote from: Martok on December 15, 2017, 03:04:55 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 15, 2017, 08:41:14 AM
This morning, it will be the first showing of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Upon my return, it will not be anything appropriately space themed. No, it will be the exact opposite, Medieval 2:TW as Venice. I am beset by enemies and my allies are worthless. Oh, and the Mongols just showed up in the Holy Land, which I have spent an inordinate amount of time and treasure building up. Now I guess the invaders will have a nice home.
That sucks. No chance of fighting them off?
The only position I don't hold Number 1 in is Finance, so, the prospects of keeping what I had in Europe are high. Even with war from the Byzantines, Milanese, Sicilians, and Egyptians, I should come out on top. But I saw the initial troops the Khan brought with him. They are plentiful and experienced.
They are outside a Turkish city at the very eastern edge of the map. I've made diplomatic contact with them and offered up my Map Information. If I can get them to take Turkey from the east, leaving me relatively undisturbed in Jerusalem, I may be able to finish Byzantium from the west. Even if they take the Holy Land from me, I should be able to make comparable territorial grabs in Italy. Milan is going down!
Nice. Good luck, sir!
Quote from: Rayfer on December 15, 2017, 04:35:36 PM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on December 15, 2017, 04:14:21 PM
Player Unknown's Battleground. Just picked it up last night. What a riot! <:-)
Is this the online shooter without teams....a free for all, last person alive wins?
Yes, but they do have servers where you can play on a team. I'm doing just the solo battles, though. Getting my butt kicked every battle so far. But it's great fun!
Nieces phase one: achieved.
Games played: not many really, they were here more for the grandparents this time (as per the plan). Some "Love Letter". Then while they helped decorate and watch some Anne of Green Gable, I introduced Bro to WARHAMMER 40K! -- specifically the co-op twin-stick shooter Kill Team on the PS3.
We finished the first two chapters of the campaign, seemed to go well.
Next achievement this week, getting the video DAR of the Crisis Grogs Fire in the Lake game up: achieved (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=20369.msg577744#msg577744).
Quote from: Martok on December 16, 2017, 04:34:24 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 15, 2017, 07:05:01 PM
Quote from: Martok on December 15, 2017, 03:04:55 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 15, 2017, 08:41:14 AM
This morning, it will be the first showing of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Upon my return, it will not be anything appropriately space themed. No, it will be the exact opposite, Medieval 2:TW as Venice. I am beset by enemies and my allies are worthless. Oh, and the Mongols just showed up in the Holy Land, which I have spent an inordinate amount of time and treasure building up. Now I guess the invaders will have a nice home.
That sucks. No chance of fighting them off?
The only position I don't hold Number 1 in is Finance, so, the prospects of keeping what I had in Europe are high. Even with war from the Byzantines, Milanese, Sicilians, and Egyptians, I should come out on top. But I saw the initial troops the Khan brought with him. They are plentiful and experienced.
They are outside a Turkish city at the very eastern edge of the map. I've made diplomatic contact with them and offered up my Map Information. If I can get them to take Turkey from the east, leaving me relatively undisturbed in Jerusalem, I may be able to finish Byzantium from the west. Even if they take the Holy Land from me, I should be able to make comparable territorial grabs in Italy. Milan is going down!
Nice. Good luck, sir!
At the time of the last writing, I was facing four enemies. Now, I have seven. To the previous four, Egypt, Sicily, Milan, and Byzantium, I have added Holy Rome, the Mongols, and my treacherous allies, the Hungarians. In an effort to stop some of these wars or prod allies to action in my defense, I have my diplomatic corps working overtime. Unfortunately, not only have I been unsuccessful, but, my foray with Hungary ended with him repudiating our alliance and immediately declaring war.
I've lost and regained Thessalonica and added Milan, Genoa, Smyrna, and Nicaea. I have a powerful army one turn outside Constantinople, but, there is a Muslim jihad on the Byzantine capitol and their army is at the walls. Oddly, this is the second turn it has been there and not put it under siege. All I need is one more turn and I can grab it for myself. Short of Generals in the right place, but more coming through the family tree. Oh, and I am slowly improving the Holy Land as the Mongols mill around Baghdad.
Quote from: Gusington on December 15, 2017, 03:24:00 PM
I don't like you. My wallet doesn't like you either. You better watch yourself.
Gus' wallet shot first.
:cowboy: