GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Ian C on December 18, 2017, 07:22:35 AM

Title: Recommend A Game
Post by: Ian C on December 18, 2017, 07:22:35 AM
Price or Genre is not an issue. Recommend a PC game that you think is a must-have. Thanks!
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 18, 2017, 07:50:27 AM
Quote from: Ian C on December 18, 2017, 07:22:35 AM
Money or Genre is not an issue. Recommend a PC game that you think is a must-have. Thanks!
The Witcher III
F1 2017
Project Cars 2
Decisive Capaigns:Barbarossa
Titanfall 2
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: Geezer on December 18, 2017, 07:50:47 AM
Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/product.asp?gid=558
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2017, 07:53:02 AM
my surprise game of the year has been ghost recon wildlands....

easily the most hours i have put into a game this year...didn't think it would be that way but i find myself playing most days.
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 18, 2017, 08:05:05 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2017, 07:53:02 AM
my surprise game of the year has been ghost recon wildlands....

easily the most hours i have put into a game this year...didn't think it would be that way but i find myself playing most days.
Oh yeah - 300+ hours on that one and still not finished (gets a tad samey though)
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: spelk on December 18, 2017, 08:13:53 AM
Thats a hell of an open remit...

The Operational Art of War IV
Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa
Masquerade: Songs and Shadow
Pyre
Caves of Qud
Cogmind
Xenomarine
Tower 57
Cosmic Star Heroine
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock
What Remains of Edith Finch

Ahhh, theres too much to recommend and my tastes are quite varied.

what about

Holdfast Napoleon At War?
Tangledeep
Empires of the Undergrowth
Star Traders: Frontiers

Oh sod this...

Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: spelk on December 18, 2017, 08:17:57 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2017, 07:53:02 AM
my surprise game of the year has been ghost recon wildlands....

I warmed to it early on, really liked the drone stuff and the military action, helicopter flying initially was a skill you just had to adapt to, although I think later on they made them easier to fly. I started to go off the boil with it, when they brought in the monster trucks stuff. Rather than refining and making more convincing content for the game, they seemed to want to turn it into a bit of a "wacky content" circus. Which would be more suited to the likes of Watchdogs 2. Although I had quite a bit of fun with that, and it uses similiar drone/recon mechanics. However, much prefer the more military setting and action.
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 18, 2017, 09:15:02 AM
Car Mechanic Simulator 2015. I've played it a lot - very relaxing even though I know shite about car repair.

American (or European) Truck Simulator. I have the American version. Same as above, surprisingly addictive.

Viscera Cleanup Detail. Strangely addictive and definitely for the completionist in you.

South Park: The Stick of Truth. Potty humor, sure; if you like South Park, the game is actually quite satisfying as an RPG.

Those are the ones that have gotten my attention in the last few months. I just started Company of Heroes 2, but haven't played more than a few minutes of it thus far, but that one looks good too.
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 18, 2017, 09:33:06 AM
For me, Syrian Warfare was the biggest surprise of recent releases. On paper, it looks like it should suck...indie Russian developer, blatantly political in nature, RTS, etc. However, the physics system, combat mechanics, destructible environment and terrain, interesting OOBs and Russian block equipment make this one that is definitely worth a close look.  If it had a configurable skirmish mode, it would unquestionably be a "must have" title. However, having just a campaign with, at times, unforgiving difficulty, limits its replayability and longevity. 
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2017, 10:37:09 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 18, 2017, 08:05:05 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2017, 07:53:02 AM
my surprise game of the year has been ghost recon wildlands....

easily the most hours i have put into a game this year...didn't think it would be that way but i find myself playing most days.
Oh yeah - 300+ hours on that one and still not finished (gets a tad samey though)

I originally thought the same that it was going to be the same thing over and over....and in a lot of ways it is, but for some reason I enjoy it enough where it keeps drawing me back.  Its one of the first games where I don't have issues with vehicles and helicopters....easy for someone with little skill like myself.....and the synch shots, just never seem to get old:)
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: undercovergeek on December 18, 2017, 04:02:15 PM
Stellaris

Total hammerer of warhammer war total
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 18, 2017, 04:06:34 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2017, 10:37:09 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 18, 2017, 08:05:05 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2017, 07:53:02 AM
my surprise game of the year has been ghost recon wildlands....

easily the most hours i have put into a game this year...didn't think it would be that way but i find myself playing most days.
Oh yeah - 300+ hours on that one and still not finished (gets a tad samey though)

I originally thought the same that it was going to be the same thing over and over....and in a lot of ways it is, but for some reason I enjoy it enough where it keeps drawing me back.  Its one of the first games where I don't have issues with vehicles and helicopters....easy for someone with little skill like myself.....and the synch shots, just never seem to get old:)
Agreed. Samey - but weirdly not boringly so.

I think it's partly because it's so easy to pick up and get back into.

And I meant to say 561 hours!!  :o :o
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: Fetrik on December 18, 2017, 04:16:10 PM
Considering that i pretty much only played Path of Exiles and TW warhammer 1 and 2 this year i guess they got my recommend.
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: undercovergeek on December 18, 2017, 05:36:17 PM
Quote from: Fetrik on December 18, 2017, 04:16:10 PM
Considering that i pretty much only played Path of Exiles and TW warhammer 1 and 2 this year i guess they got my recommend.

He knows what I'm talking about!!
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: MengJiao on December 18, 2017, 08:05:25 PM
Quote from: Fetrik on December 18, 2017, 04:16:10 PM
Considering that i pretty much only played Path of Exiles and TW warhammer 1 and 2 this year i guess they got my recommend.

  I guess I'll recommend a few I've played over the past year:

Invisible
ARMA III
World of Warships
Rome II
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: MetalDog on December 18, 2017, 08:57:04 PM
Must haves?

Civilization IV:Beyond the Sword

Medieval 2:Total War

Warlock 1 or 2

Crusader Kings 2
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: Martok on December 19, 2017, 01:27:54 AM
I'll second undercovergeek's recommendations of Stellaris and Warhammer: Total War.
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: SirAndrewD on December 19, 2017, 09:40:44 PM
Any game?

Ok. 

Rinse and Repeat.

Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: solops on December 19, 2017, 10:53:16 PM
Polaris Sector
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: mikeck on December 20, 2017, 01:42:32 AM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 19, 2017, 09:40:44 PM
Any game?

Ok. 

Rinse and Repeat.



Wow. Someone actually sat down and programmed this game. Genius. Now I don't have to go into the jail shower to do this anymore!
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: undercovergeek on December 20, 2017, 04:39:34 AM
Quote from: Martok on December 19, 2017, 01:27:54 AM
I'll second undercovergeek's recommendations of Stellaris and Warhammer: Total War.

My gaming brother
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: Ian C on December 20, 2017, 04:47:36 AM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 19, 2017, 09:40:44 PM
Any game?

Ok. 

Rinse and Repeat.







(https://orig00.deviantart.net/497f/f/2017/354/0/4/sad_poe_by_jack_o_tales-dbx9maw.jpg)
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: Ian C on December 20, 2017, 06:14:37 AM
Treated myself to Stellaris all DLC !
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: jamus34 on December 20, 2017, 09:15:02 AM
Pretty good choice there, you can get 100's of hours of gameplay out of it
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: FarAway Sooner on December 20, 2017, 09:45:18 AM
I've got to say, with the exception of solops, you guys all really struggle with reading comprehension of the phrase "a game"!

I'll go with a little-heard one, but a fun one nevertheless:  Thea: The Awakening.
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: Yskonyn on December 20, 2017, 11:26:43 AM
Dominions 5
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: Philippe on December 20, 2017, 11:42:03 AM
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on December 20, 2017, 09:45:18 AM
I'll go with a little-heard one, but a fun one nevertheless:  Thea: The Awakening.

Very good game.  At the risk of a spoiler, my favorite moment comes when a lonely dwarf is trying to convince your party to broker a date with a Rusalka, and he tells you to take a good look at her before deciding that demons aren't on the menu.

I really enjoyed Darkest Dungeon, but the big surprise was that I a got a kick out of playing This is the Police , probaby because my girlfriend likes to watch Bluebloods.  The introduction alone is worth the price of admission, especially if you used to be married to a South Philly Italian.
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 20, 2017, 12:02:46 PM
Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: jamus34 on December 20, 2017, 02:56:25 PM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 20, 2017, 12:02:46 PM
Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015

Not sure what is more horrifying...that their is a game called "Shower With Your Dad" simulator...the fact that they have a year on which means there are plans to make it a franchise...or the fact that you suggested said game.
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 21, 2017, 08:39:45 AM
I'm just being a smartass. I do not nor would I ever own said game. It's odd that it even exists and has such a high rating on Steam. Buncha pervs there it seems.
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: jamus34 on December 21, 2017, 10:46:47 AM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 21, 2017, 08:39:45 AM
I'm just being a smartass. I do not nor would I ever own said game. It's odd that it even exists and has such a high rating on Steam. Buncha pervs there it seems.

Have you seen all the Japanese fan service games on there now???

Obviously steam has decided to cater to the kink
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 21, 2017, 10:51:17 AM
There's a ton of JRPGs on Steam, yeah. I tend to ignore them because they all look the same to me. I don't generally like the anime look of their characters...I think it's creepy. There's a couple of anime series/movies I enjoy, but I'm not otherwise into it at all.
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: Sir Slash on December 21, 2017, 12:18:04 PM
I think they're creepy too. Like people who put ties on their cats.  :idiot2:
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: mirth on December 21, 2017, 12:19:39 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 21, 2017, 12:18:04 PM
I think they're creepy too. Like people who put ties on their cats.  :idiot2:

Or Santa suits on their Pugs :P
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: undercovergeek on December 21, 2017, 12:29:22 PM
Or gimp suits on their goat....... nope, wait
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: mirth on December 21, 2017, 12:31:50 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on December 21, 2017, 12:29:22 PM
Or gimp suits on their goat....... nope, wait

:2funny:
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: Sir Slash on December 21, 2017, 12:46:41 PM
THAT was her idea, not mine. I preferred Frosty the Snowman suit.
Title: Re: Recommend A Game
Post by: Jack Nastyface on December 23, 2017, 01:43:44 PM
ARMA 3.  I've played just over 2688 hours on that.
Kerbal Space Program.