GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on December 22, 2017, 01:28:16 AM

Title: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 22, 2017, 01:28:16 AM
I really don't think there could be a more apt song

I really do wish it could be Friday everyday, I really do wish it could be Christmas everyday and it's the final Friday before Christmas...



No gaming this weekend...I'm off to Glasgow to see my family and I'll be watching National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. So I've got a 450 mile journey to make on Saturday and will likely drive my wife and daughter nuts with Christmas songs all the way.

Have a superb Christmas everyone and I'll see you the other side - likely in a less healthier state than I went into the weekend.

Take care - Merry Christmas and Merry Gaming. (oh - and for all the sensible people who abandoned the Steam Sale thread - the Steam Sale has started  :))  )

And a wee note to anyone who doesn't have anyone to go and see - there are lots of people sincerely thinking about you at this time of year and hoping you take some warmth from that.  :smitten:
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: ComradeP on December 22, 2017, 01:53:08 AM
Have a safe trip up north Judge.

I picked up Jazz Jackrabbit 2 when it was released on GOG, so I might play that for some old fashioned platforming. My mother, who is a fan of Nintendo games, has recently purchased Super Mario Odyssey, so I might play that at Christmas.

The various sales going on are not particularly exciting yet, I might just end up buying a bunch of boardgames instead like last year.
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: JudgeDredd on December 22, 2017, 01:54:31 AM
Quote from: ComradeP on December 22, 2017, 01:53:08 AM
Have a safe trip up north Judge.

I picked up Jazz Jackrabbit 2 when it was released on GOG, so I might play that for some old fashioned platforming. My mother, who is a fan of Nintendo games, has recently purchased Super Mario Odyssey, so I might play that at Christmas.

The various sales going on are not particularly exciting yet, I might just end up buying a bunch of boardgames instead like last year.
That can't be a bad thing   O0
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 22, 2017, 04:54:00 AM
Merry Christmas and happy gaming to everyone.
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: mirth on December 22, 2017, 04:57:33 AM
Diving back into Mass Effect: Andromeda this weekend.
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Tuna on December 22, 2017, 06:34:52 AM
Probably get more gaming after the Holiday (A lot of family have come home to roost, Stepson, his wife, my 21 year old and 18 year old). But when I do, it will probably be Project Zomboid and Strategic Command.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!.. Happy Holidays to the rest!

Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: MetalDog on December 22, 2017, 06:40:06 AM
I will actually be participating in the Steam Sale to the tune of $7.49.  That princely sum will buy me M2:TW and Spellforce Platinum.  And I will most likely play a lot of the latter rather than the former this weekend.

@JD: Safe journey to you and your family

@ all my Grogs: I echo Tuna, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate and Happy Holidays to all who do not
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Toonces on December 22, 2017, 08:53:07 AM
How is it possible you don't have M2:TW yet?  Man alive, man, that's like the bestest game ever!

I don't know how much gaming I'll be able to do this weekend.  Like the rest of you, the holidays intrude.  But if possible, and if I can be bothered, I'd like to hook up my wheel and pedals and get into some racing games, like Dirt:Rally and F1 2014.

Not sure what else typical fare yet.  Maybe Silent Hunter 3 or 4?
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Dammit Carl! on December 22, 2017, 08:59:42 AM
Still trucking with The Division - cleared the main scenarios, gained Level 30 and am gaining phat loot.  Still haven't got the Underground unlocked, but maybe this weekend.

Boy wheedled me into getting SW Battlefront 2 and he's merrily blowing things away there.  I played mucho hours of the older SW Battlefront 1 & 2 titles on the PlayStation & PC so I'm looking forward to giving the new one a try.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Moreb on December 22, 2017, 09:11:18 AM
Merry Christmas denizens.

Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Sir Slash on December 22, 2017, 09:55:32 AM
Things may actually be pretty quiet around here for the next couple of days. I don't know how the hell that happened unless I've managed to finally reach the ability to psychically piss-off  everybody around me without trying--- kind of like a super power I guess. So I'll take a shot at something really big like my ACw 2 campaign as the South or maybe try to FINALLY update all my Combat Missions onto the same version renew my long neglected campaigns there.

Happiest of Christmases to Grogs everywhere and to all a safe and successful gaming New Year. May you all get a shiny new Tiger tank, Nimitz Class carrier, or Battleax +4 under your tree on X-Mas morning.  :peace:
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Crossroads on December 22, 2017, 12:27:54 PM
Picked Middle East '67 from JTS Christmas Sale, my first Tiller Operational game, should be fun. First need to mod it properly, looks a tad too much retro in its original form  :hide:

Happy holidays everyone  <:-)
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 22, 2017, 12:32:36 PM
Been hoarding some Amazon points and I pretty much blew it all on board games. I have Nemo's War 2nd Edition, Holland '44, Star Trek Frontiers, and Thunder Alley all coming my way. The first three are supposed to arrive today and the last one tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good spending of money on silly things like this.  O:-)
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Gusington on December 22, 2017, 02:38:51 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! Some more Pike & Shot for me, with some more AssCreed: Rogue and after that...maybe, finally some Battlefield 1.
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: undercovergeek on December 22, 2017, 02:59:29 PM
Stellaris, more stellaris and seeing if twilight is on sale

Was keeping an eye on tiny metal but the Devs have turned out to be asshats so I'll hold

And glueing and painting a 500 point British airborne bolt action platoon
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 22, 2017, 03:09:37 PM
Working. 
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Gusington on December 22, 2017, 03:13:13 PM
^BOO
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 22, 2017, 03:17:30 PM
yes, rather.
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Gusington on December 22, 2017, 03:18:28 PM
Quite.

BOO!!!!!
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Toonces on December 22, 2017, 04:05:36 PM
I can already tell I'm too lazy to bother pulling the racing gear out of the closet and hook it up.  Maybe I'll just settle for drunk CK2 or even M2:TW!   \m/
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Barthheart on December 22, 2017, 04:16:08 PM
Quote from: Toonces on December 22, 2017, 04:05:36 PM
I can already tell I'm too lazy to bother pulling the racing gear out of the closet and hook it up. ....

Do it! Today I spent some time a built a stand for my wheel and pedals. Fits right up to my couch so I can play DiRT: Rally on my man cave TV.

Now I just have to learn to drive it properly and not like a little old lady....  :P
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: mirth on December 22, 2017, 04:18:01 PM
^So you need to learn how not to be Canadian
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Barthheart on December 22, 2017, 04:19:02 PM
Need to learn to drive like a Montreal'er.  :hide:
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: mirth on December 22, 2017, 04:20:08 PM
^lol
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 22, 2017, 05:01:20 PM
mirth and Barth

Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Gusington on December 22, 2017, 05:29:38 PM
There is nothing...NOTHING...better in PC gaming than drunk CK2 or M2:TW. Maybe drunk Civ V.
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 22, 2017, 05:47:13 PM
We should do drunk Civ V sometime.

THAT would be a treat for the GH YouTube channel. ;D
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Gusington on December 22, 2017, 05:47:59 PM
I'm ready. And drunk. BTW.
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 22, 2017, 06:27:18 PM
What's the pants situation?
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 22, 2017, 06:30:12 PM
Probably balled up on his floor next to his cowering dog as he plays Triumph of the Will and cries into his beer stein.

Oh wait, that's not Gus.  O:-)
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Gusington on December 22, 2017, 06:30:24 PM
What pants?  >:(
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: MetalDog on December 22, 2017, 06:54:06 PM
Quote from: Toonces on December 22, 2017, 08:53:07 AM
How is it possible you don't have M2:TW yet? 


If you go back to last week's FRIDAY thread, you'll see the current M2:TW game I am playing.  But that's on disc.  I want to have it on Steam so if I ever get bored, I can mod it up much easier.  Gotta play Third Age at some point considering what kind of giant Tolkien fan I am.  :bd:
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Sir Slash on December 22, 2017, 11:20:17 PM
The Third Age mod for M2TW is the best damned mod I ever played for a TW game. And I'm not drunk.
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: MetalDog on December 22, 2017, 11:52:41 PM
I had heard that.  And I'm looking forward to it.
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: solops on December 23, 2017, 01:34:39 AM
Concentrating on Stellar Monarch for the week...an under-appreciated game.
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Martok on December 23, 2017, 02:16:04 PM
Medieval 2: Total War, with the Stainless Steel mod (assuming I can get it installed correctly). 
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Gusington on December 23, 2017, 03:42:59 PM
^You can do it.
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Martok on December 23, 2017, 07:08:44 PM
Actually, I've already uninstalled Medieval 2 and requested a refund.  Rant to come in a separate thread. 

Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Gusington on December 23, 2017, 09:31:21 PM
 :-[
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: BanzaiCat on December 23, 2017, 09:39:41 PM
Lessee, I got

...and all this in the last week and a half or so. MERRY NEW YEAR

I've got some reading and unboxing articles and reviews to do!
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Cyrano on December 24, 2017, 12:16:27 AM
JTS Jena (x2)

Jena KS...I shall miss it when it's gone...

Playtesting (x3)

Christmas dinner...pray for us...

Having finished Fallout IV -- one way -- my son now demands a hard go at Skyrim, so here goes nothing.

And my Commands and Colors Napoleonics project begins very, very soon.

Merry Christmas and, yeah, God Bless Us, Every One.


Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Kushan on December 24, 2017, 06:42:21 PM
Off until January 3rd. Prepar3d, Elite, and CMANO will for see some of my time. Everything else on my HD is a possible, I have a lot to catch up on.

I got my copy of Pendragon in the mail last week. Soon as I get the dining room table cleared, I'm going to get it set up.

A lot of reading to catch up on as well. About half way through re-reading Massie's classic "Dreadnought". I've got two scifi novels (Andy Weir's "Artemis" and Drew Wagars "Elite: Premonition) and 2 history (The British Carrier Strike Fleet after 1945 by David Hoibbs, and a "Tale of Two Navies" by I cant remember) behind it

Merry Christmas, safe travels, and god bless everyone!
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Hofstadter on December 24, 2017, 09:14:23 PM
Spending Christmas day hiding in my room since my mother has entered psycho mode of my sister not coming down from Qld. Joy.

Finally finished my history of Christianity book, 1016 pages of people whining at each other over the correct way Jesus blinked. Moving on to swords around a throne, about the Grand Armée.

Gaming wise it's always overwatch, going to try to teach my partner how to play steel division
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Gusington on December 25, 2017, 02:35:37 PM
^ This man...this man here...may have some of the most difficult Christmas missions.

Good luck.
Title: Re: I Wish it Could Be FRIDAY Everyday
Post by: Martok on December 26, 2017, 12:47:16 AM
^  What Gus said.  :-\  Uff-da.