Poll
Question:
Wild Card 80s Week 2 Final 8
Option 1: This is the 1/8 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 2: 1 Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
votes: 8
Option 3: 8 I Don't Care Anymore - Phil Collins
votes: 4
Option 4: This is the 4/5 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 5: 4 Master of Puppets - Metallica
votes: 8
Option 6: 5 Dr. Feelgood - Motley Crue
votes: 4
Option 7: This is the 3/11 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 8: 3 Panama - Van Halen
votes: 5
Option 9: 11 Pride and Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughan
votes: 7
Option 10: This is the 2/7 matchup. Please pick one.
votes: 0
Option 11: 2 You Got Lucky - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
votes: 6
Option 12: 7 Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
votes: 6
In an exact copy of the 90s Bracket, our seeds are the same. Again most of the matchups were close with no more than a two vote swing.
With two exceptions: Tom Petty and the Rolling Stones. Having done these nigh on a year, I have found that the folks who vote consistently in these polls are partial to Petty and the Stones. Nothing wrong with that, and I keep putting them in there to be voted on, but, can't you guys pick anything else? ;)
The 1/8
The 4/5
The 3/11
The 2/7
I wonder Tom Petty would've gotten the same amount of love if he hadn't passed right around the time you were starting all this
I think he would. Tom's Super Bowl halftime show was a resurgence for him and he was one of those artists that everyone just seemed to like. No one's favorite, perhaps, but someone you liked to hear.
I've seen him live a few times, and it was a great show every time. I'm a fan, though not perhaps as die-hard as some others. It just feels like the "Tom Petty Appreciation Tour" has kicked into higher gear since he died. Not that he doesn't deserve it, mind you - they guy was a great performer for over 40 years.