California the nanny state.
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/02/02/opponents-californias-coffee-cancer-warnings-to-face-mediation-next-week.html
"acrylamide" sounds perfectly safe
QuoteCoffee contains traces of acrylamide, a chemical formed during the roasting process that CERT believes is cancerous.
Not "knows" or "has proven"...
#:-)
Quote from: Barthheart on February 02, 2018, 09:53:35 AM
QuoteCoffee contains traces of acrylamide, a chemical formed during the roasting process that CERT believes is cancerous.
Not "knows" or "has proven"...
#:-)
Because it hasn't been proven, but it is "reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen"
https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/acrylamide.html
QuoteAcrylamide is found mainly in plant foods, such as potato products, grain products, or coffee. Foods such as French fries and potato chips seem to have the highest levels of acrylamide,
LOL! Let's see them try and get fries and chips declared cancer agents.... :P
QuoteBecause it hasn't been proven, but it is "reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen"
That statement is entirely based on lab animal testing... who are probably force fed a large portion of their body weight of Acrylamide each and every day.... L:-)
High-temperature cooking such as frying, baking, and broiling can produce acrylamide. It can be found in baked potatoes and bread.
Quote from: Barthheart on February 02, 2018, 10:07:18 AM
QuoteBecause it hasn't been proven, but it is "reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen"
That statement is entirely based on lab animal testing... who are probably force fed a large portion of their body weight of Acrylamide each and every day.... L:-)
I understand what it is based on. Nonetheless that is the statement issued by National Toxicology Program. A similar statement was issued by the International Agency for Research on Cancer.
I've always said coffee will kill a person. Glad others are starting to agree with me.
Considering how much really crappy coffee I drank in my early 20s, I'm surprised I'm not dead already.
Quote from: Barthheart on February 02, 2018, 10:07:18 AM
LOL! Let's see them try and get fries and chips declared cancer agents.... :P
welcome to the EU and its dictatorship of centralized silly regulations :-X
and cause of acrylamide the fries and chips shall be only 'half baked' and bright yellow and not too dark (=tasty) soon to keep inside the limits https://enablon.com/blog/2017/12/15/eu-regulation-acrylamide-food-compliance-digest
it's one thing to inform people of a potential risk
it's another thing to remove their freedom of choice for taking the risk
Lord forbid they take stop me from chasing barfly MILFs.
Good thing I don't drink coffee then... vile stuff.... yer all gonna die.... eventually... like all of us are.... :P
I'm going to let the booze kill me.
Good choice... just make it good booze.
You know it.
Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 02, 2018, 10:40:19 AM
it's one thing to inform people of a potential risk
it's another thing to remove their freedom of choice for taking the risk
Well put! O0
Now from the for what it's worth department: A number of years ago a study was conducted that indicated coffee causes cancer. This conclusion was reached because Mormons have a lower rate of cancer than the rest of the population and Mormons don't drink coffee.
Quote from: Greybriar on February 02, 2018, 11:29:46 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 02, 2018, 10:40:19 AM
it's one thing to inform people of a potential risk
it's another thing to remove their freedom of choice for taking the risk
Well put! O0
Now from the for what it's worth department: A number of years ago a study was conducted that indicated coffee causes cancer. This conclusion was reached because Mormons have a lower rate of cancer than the rest of the population and Mormons don't drink coffee.
Mormons don't smoke either which probably has a significantly larger effect on cancer rates....
Quote from: Greybriar on February 02, 2018, 11:29:46 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 02, 2018, 10:40:19 AM
it's one thing to inform people of a potential risk
it's another thing to remove their freedom of choice for taking the risk
Well put! O0
Now from the for what it's worth department: A number of years ago a study was conducted that indicated coffee causes cancer. This conclusion was reached because Mormons have a lower rate of cancer than the rest of the population and Mormons don't drink coffee.
They're also not supposed to have pre-marital sex, so not sure how that factors in, either.
(note used of "supposed to" ;D)
Vile bean drippings! I knew it! Drink tea like a civilized person, you savages. (It's just covered with the occasional bit of dried feces because the pickers just crap in the fields.)
Right, back to enjoying my carbonated beverage with delicious, all natural aspartic acid.
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 02, 2018, 11:49:53 AM
Vile bean drippings! I knew it! Drink tea like a civilized person, you savages. (It's just covered with the occasional bit of dried feces because the pickers just crap in the fields.)
Right, back to enjoying my carbonated beverage with delicious, all natural aspartic acid.
Yeah, boiled dry leaves sounds so much better than boiled roasted beans.... :P
It's the roasting that turns them into cancer causing death beans
Quote from: Barthheart on February 02, 2018, 11:54:14 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 02, 2018, 11:49:53 AM
Vile bean drippings! I knew it! Drink tea like a civilized person, you savages. (It's just covered with the occasional bit of dried feces because the pickers just crap in the fields.)
Right, back to enjoying my carbonated beverage with delicious, all natural aspartic acid.
Yeah, boiled dry leaves sounds so much better than boiled roasted beans.... :P
Yes, quite....harrumph 🧐
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 02, 2018, 11:49:53 AM
Right, back to enjoying my carbonated beverage with delicious, all natural aspartic acid.
hear, hear!
Good read gents....I enjoyed it as I drank my 4 shot mocha!
O0
California is a carcinogen! BAN THEM! :knuppel2:
Cancer Causing Death BeansTM
Now THERE is the name of a band.
"Each sip could be your last."
Average day I drink 2+ cups of coffee,
2+ diet cokes
1+ shots of quality liquor
at least 4 packages of aspartame artificial sweetener
But its not the cancer, its the heart condition or the diabetes that will kill me.
Unlike Mirth, I love my wife so an enraged alcoholic, bar-fly MILF is unlikely to do me in.
Quote from: airboy on February 02, 2018, 01:40:48 PM
Unlike Mirth, I love my wife so an enraged alcoholic, bar-fly MILF is unlikely to do me in.
Unlike Mirth, you have a wife ;)
Quote from: mirth on February 02, 2018, 01:44:12 PM
Quote from: airboy on February 02, 2018, 01:40:48 PM
Unlike Mirth, I love my wife so an enraged alcoholic, bar-fly MILF is unlikely to do me in.
Unlike Mirth, you have a wife ;)
True! I did not mean to imply that you were chasing bar-fly MILFs without a valid hunting license.
I lack a MILF hunting license.
Please accept my deepest and sincere apology.
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 02, 2018, 11:49:53 AM
Vile bean drippings! I knew it! Drink tea like a civilized person, you savages. (It's just covered with the occasional bit of dried feces because the pickers just crap in the fields.)
Right, back to enjoying my carbonated beverage with delicious, all natural aspartic acid.
Prostate Cancer Risk Higher For Heavy Tea Drinkers (https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/246786.php)
Now, back to my scotch...
Quote from: airboy on February 02, 2018, 01:50:12 PM
Quote from: mirth on February 02, 2018, 01:44:12 PM
Quote from: airboy on February 02, 2018, 01:40:48 PM
Unlike Mirth, I love my wife so an enraged alcoholic, bar-fly MILF is unlikely to do me in.
Unlike Mirth, you have a wife ;)
True! I did not mean to imply that you were chasing bar-fly MILFs without a valid hunting license.
I lack a MILF hunting license.
Please accept my deepest and sincere apology.
lol. I was deeply offended! ;D
Not as offended as those barfly's are that he approaches.
That's for sure.
I don't smoke and I don't drink coffee - am I Mormon?
Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2018, 02:19:47 PM
I don't smoke and I don't drink coffee - am I Mormon?
A Jewish Mormon. Now there's a concept.
Feeling guilty about my wives. But not guilty enough to convert.
Quote from: Gusington on February 02, 2018, 02:23:36 PM
Feeling guilty about my wives. But not guilty enough to convert.
lmao
8)
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fcoffeegulp.gif&hash=e86c99ea83672cf87b331903d5c31d610d67949e)
Looks like you drinking Scotch.
Three men, a Jewish man, a Catholic man, and a Mormon man, were having drinks at the bar following a business meeting.
The Jewish man, bragging about his virility, said, "I have four sons. One more and I'll have a basketball team!"
The Catholic man pooh-poohed this accomplishment, stating, "That's nothing, boy. I have 10 sons. One more and I'll have a football team."
To which the Mormon man replied, "You fellas ain't got a clue. I have 17 wives. One more and I'll have a golf course!"
NOT drinking coffee is extremely hazardous to my health. I get extremely irritable and can instantly fall asleep at the most inopportune time, like when I'm driving or operating heavy machinery or in an extremely boring meeting that's been dragging on for way too long.
+1
Quote from: trailrunner on February 02, 2018, 04:47:03 PM
NOT drinking coffee is extremely hazardous to my health. I get extremely irritable and can instantly fall asleep at the most inopportune time, like when I'm driving or operating heavy machinery or in an extremely boring meeting that's been dragging on for way too long.
O0
NOT drinking bourbon is extremely hazardous to my health. I get sober and I realize how much I hate people.
Quote from: mirth on February 02, 2018, 04:57:48 PM
NOT drinking bourbon is extremely hazardous to my health. I get sober and I realize how much I hate people.
:bd: O0 :clap:
NOT drinking bourbon is extremely hazardous to my health. I get sober and I realize how much I hate people.
Fixed it for you. Some of us prefer other types of alcohol. Now we are all on the same page. :smitten:
I need coffee to stay up and read all the things will kill me. Otherwise I would live longer but be asleep through most of it.