https://taskandpurpose.com/top-mil-speak-contest-entries/
Quote1. Trent Hahn: "Hey shitbird, get your pog dickbeaters off my fucking nods."
Quote7. Michael McCoy: "With the NEO CONOP activation and SPMAGTF going hot the DONSA is called off and CCDR needs the FUPLANS OPT to refine the TCP LOE's, IMO's, & MOP/MOEs NLT COB today."
Quote11. Operational: The ODA was on the ramp for a HALO infil but ISR was CHARLIE FOXTROT, so they were CANX and RTB."
Quote19. Jason Gammons: "Tell the CJSOAC LNO that the CONOP that his J5 put together for FARP and Golden Hour for the op scheduled for the next POD is like cat shit on a white hot hibachi."
plenty more at the link
The only one I can even guess at is #11.
"Kids were at the bus stop waiting but the bus broke down (or sumpin') so the field trip got cancelled and every one went back home."
Are we sure #1 is Mil-speak? Sounds like something Bob or UCG would say.
When I worked F-22, a pilot was briefing us. In his first sentence, almost every word was an acronym. And it all made perfect sense to me.
Quote from: Staggerwing on February 03, 2018, 03:22:00 PM
The only one I can even guess at is #11.
"Kids were at the bus stop waiting but the bus broke down (or sumpin') so the field trip got cancelled and every one went back home."
ODA = Operational Detachment Alpha. That's an SF A-team, like the one in 12 Strong.
HALO = high altitude, low opening (parachute insertion)
infil = infiltration
ISR = intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance
CHARLIE FOXTROT = clusterfuck
CANX = cancelled
RTB = return to base
Quote from: mirth on February 03, 2018, 03:34:40 PM
Are we sure #1 is Mil-speak? Sounds like something Bob or UCG would say.
pog = person other (than) grunt
dickbeaters = hands
nods = NODs = Night Observation Device(s) (night vision sights)
Besides the ones that Brant IDd:
MOP/MOE = measure of performance/effectiveness
CONOP = concept of operations
LNO = liaison officer
NLT COB = no later than close of business (all my tasks seem to come with this)
Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 03, 2018, 03:42:14 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on February 03, 2018, 03:22:00 PM
The only one I can even guess at is #11.
"Kids were at the bus stop waiting but the bus broke down (or sumpin') so the field trip got cancelled and every one went back home."
ODA = Operational Detachment Alpha. That's an SF A-team, like the one in 12 Strong.
HALO = high altitude, low opening (parachute insertion)
infil = infiltration
ISR = intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance
CHARLIE FOXTROT = clusterfuck
CANX = cancelled
RTB = return to base
Well, at least I was close.
Quote5. Adam Carlson: "Some blue falcon ratfucked the box and only left triple C."
:DD
blue falcon = someone who fucks over their buddies (?)
ratfucked = taking the good stuff and leaving the crapola behind
triple C = not quite sure, tbh
Blue falcon = Pilot?
Ratfucked = I concur with B_C's definition
triple C = the worst of the MREs
I thought BF might refer to an Air Force (puke), but I remember something about BFs being 'buddy fuckers,' basic assholes that fuck over their pals, and I'm just guessing considering the context and that BF is a phonetic alphabet usage - but then why wouldn't it be 'bravo foxtrot?' I dunno. :(
Mine are mere guesses.