GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tuna on February 16, 2018, 06:11:35 AM

Title: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Tuna on February 16, 2018, 06:11:35 AM


Continue with my Bretonnia TW:Warhammer campaign.. I might grab They are Billions on the Steam sale. Long Weekend yay!
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Barthheart on February 16, 2018, 06:20:29 AM
Long weekend here.  \m/

Try to get some live VASSAL play of Heroes of the Falklands in with SDR.

Gotta try the new historic scenario in SD44.

More prep work for upcoming Bismarck all day game.

More CiV VI R&F.

Still trying to grok Next War:Poland on the table.....

Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: JudgeDredd on February 16, 2018, 06:37:33 AM
I'd definitely be interested in a Vassal game of SB Heroes of the Falklands if you've ever got some spare time and want to train a n00b. I have the boardgame and one reason for not getting it out on the table (aside from anytime I want to get a boardgame out my daughter wants it to be Star Wars:Rebellion) is it's LnL and therefore difficult rule set to follow - or at least after my last delve into one of their games (a good 3 or 4 years ago now) I couldn't be bothered trying to decipher what the hell I had to do.

I should try and get back into SD44 but I'll likely do Project Cars 2, possibly some F1 2017, definitely some more ARMA III and also a wee bit of X-Com 2. If I have some time, I'll probably fire up Total War:Warhammer

Happy gaming
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Dammit Carl! on February 16, 2018, 07:59:49 AM
The recent week-long-hardware-enforced sabbatical from The Division may have very well shook the lock that had on my forebrain - at least for a bit.  To be honest, I need to sit down and do an inventory list and start selling off / dismantling stuff I don't need anymore; I'm stupidly lousy rich in bits and pieces from the various gear sets and I desperately need to straighten things out.

In it's place, I'm casting loving eyes toward World of Warships / Tanks - looking into my port, I see I've got an Italian Battleship and a French Cruiser that I think I picked up as a gift from Wargaming.  Didn't even know that Italian boats were going to be a thing....cool.  Think I'll get a French Destroyer and Battleship from the Premium shop to round out credit makers for the French lines and work those babies this weekend.  I'm reasonably set in tanks and really should decide on what things I'll continue with grinding on.  First world problems, eh?

Take care folks, and have a good 'un.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Barthheart on February 16, 2018, 08:04:15 AM
JD, do you have a Skype account? It's easier to play live when you can actually talk to each other.

When SDR and I figure out when we're playing you're more than welcome to come watch and kibitz. It's a great way to learn the game. Yer UK time, I'm Eastern time and SDR is West coast time... could be interesting finding a mutual available time slot.  :D

There is a Discord channel, alternate to using Skype for voice comms, setup for LnLT play as well, and I need to check that out. Might be easier to have a group using that....


Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: mirth on February 16, 2018, 08:09:41 AM
Discord is pretty slick. Easy to use.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 16, 2018, 08:49:53 AM
Chinese New Year shenanigans on Saturday.  LnL Falklands with Barth on Sunday morning.  LnL Pacific game at my place on Sunday afternoon.  Try to get a bit more Civ VI in sometime.  I just have the base game which I got via Hukble Bundle so I'm still getting a feel for the rules changes from Civ V.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Tuna on February 16, 2018, 08:56:37 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 16, 2018, 08:04:15 AM
JD, do you have a Skype account? It's easier to play live when you can actually talk to each other.

When SDR and I figure out when we're playing you're more than welcome to come watch and kibitz. It's a great way to learn the game. Yer UK time, I'm Eastern time and SDR is West coast time... could be interesting finding a mutual available time slot.  :D

There is a Discord channel, alternate to using Skype for voice comms, setup for LnLT play as well, and I need to check that out. Might be easier to have a group using that....

Does Discord track your activity on your computer though?
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: mirth on February 16, 2018, 09:05:40 AM
Quote from: Tuna on February 16, 2018, 08:56:37 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 16, 2018, 08:04:15 AM
JD, do you have a Skype account? It's easier to play live when you can actually talk to each other.

When SDR and I figure out when we're playing you're more than welcome to come watch and kibitz. It's a great way to learn the game. Yer UK time, I'm Eastern time and SDR is West coast time... could be interesting finding a mutual available time slot.  :D

There is a Discord channel, alternate to using Skype for voice comms, setup for LnLT play as well, and I need to check that out. Might be easier to have a group using that....

Does Discord track your activity on your computer though?

It tracks everything you do and calls you 'Dave'. The big red eye is a little unnerving, but you get used to it.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 16, 2018, 09:08:33 AM
I've felt the urge to go back through the campaign of Ghost Recon Future Soldier...a very overlooked and underappreciated game.

Other than that, Steel Division 44 with the new DLC, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, DCS 2.5 and/or ARMA III and maybe something space 4x to hold me over until Apocalypse 2.0 for Stellaris!
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: JudgeDredd on February 16, 2018, 09:38:03 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 16, 2018, 09:08:33 AM
I've felt the urge to go back through the campaign of Ghost Recon Future Soldier...a very overlooked and underappreciated game.

Other than that, Steel Division 44 with the new DLC, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, DCS 2.5 and/or ARMA III and maybe something space 4x to hold me over until Apocalypse 2.0 for Stellaris!
Not by me - great game  O0
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: JudgeDredd on February 16, 2018, 09:40:05 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 16, 2018, 08:04:15 AM
JD, do you have a Skype account? It's easier to play live when you can actually talk to each other.

When SDR and I figure out when we're playing you're more than welcome to come watch and kibitz. It's a great way to learn the game. Yer UK time, I'm Eastern time and SDR is West coast time... could be interesting finding a mutual available time slot.  :D

There is a Discord channel, alternate to using Skype for voice comms, setup for LnLT play as well, and I need to check that out. Might be easier to have a group using that....
I don't have a skype account but I'd be willing to look into it so I can catch your game. Might help me get the flow.

Let me know a time (Eastern, Western, GMT) and I'll see about jumping on for a listen
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: PanzersEast on February 16, 2018, 09:42:18 AM
Here we goooooo.....

1. Kingdom Come
2. Deep Sixed
3. CIV VI: Rise and Fall
4. Tabletop Simulator
5. Dominions 5

There are several games I have that I have not tried... I may end up installing several and just playing them to get and idea if I even want to put them on the list.

I also just got my Huion Inspiroy Q11K Wireless Graphic Drawing Tablet in and plan on doing some sketching this weekend as well.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Gusington on February 16, 2018, 10:21:47 AM
Continue Call of Duty - Infinite Warfare, start up some House of the Dying Sun, attempt to learn wtf I'm doing in Endless Space 2, stroke my copy of Kingdom Come: Deliverance as it gets patched, and perhaps buy Strike Suit Zero and/or Wolfenstein 2 on sale.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Geezer on February 16, 2018, 10:44:18 AM
Just picked up Stellaris and the Utopia expansion so I'll be learning that while waiting for the 2.0 update to drop next week.

Also playing:  Elder Scrolls Online, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, and Railway Empire.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: mirth on February 16, 2018, 10:56:15 AM
Tabletop gaming Saturday and Sunday. Otherwise, I'll be checking out Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

I also restarted Mass Effect: Andromeda since it had been so long since I played it and I wasn't far in anyway.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: jamus34 on February 16, 2018, 11:41:06 AM
Just passed the 40 hr mark on Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Also started a new Subnautica game after it went ver 1.0 so been spending time with that. Not hugely far there but did get enough materials to have the upgrade air tank and repair tool. Now to see where to go from here.

Also looking to start up Monster Hunter World.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: fabius on February 16, 2018, 11:46:56 AM
Mordheim: City of the Damned Own for ages, but has just clicked for me recently
Heroes and Generals. Dip in and out.

Small chance I pick up something in the sale.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 16, 2018, 12:05:44 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 16, 2018, 09:40:05 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 16, 2018, 08:04:15 AM
JD, do you have a Skype account? It's easier to play live when you can actually talk to each other.

When SDR and I figure out when we're playing you're more than welcome to come watch and kibitz. It's a great way to learn the game. Yer UK time, I'm Eastern time and SDR is West coast time... could be interesting finding a mutual available time slot.  :D

There is a Discord channel, alternate to using Skype for voice comms, setup for LnLT play as well, and I need to check that out. Might be easier to have a group using that....
I don't have a skype account but I'd be willing to look into it so I can catch your game. Might help me get the flow.

Let me know a time (Eastern, Western, GMT) and I'll see about jumping on for a listen

We could use Steam chat or TS or something as well.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Sir Slash on February 16, 2018, 12:19:46 PM
Birth of America's probably all I'll be able to get in this weekend, where Montcalm is about to advance on Albany for the scenario show-down with 6 turns left. Have a great weekend Grogs.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: CJReich46 on February 16, 2018, 01:55:31 PM


ONE OF THESE DAYS... I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!!

Well yours truly as of now has 4 days off. So I am going to be looking at various gaming ideas this weekend.

I have been really liking Field of Glory II - Immortal Fire and I look forward to Legions Triumphant. I won the Philip of Macedon campaign!

Anything else I am not too sure. Just playin it by ear.



Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Wolfe1759 on February 16, 2018, 05:50:48 PM
Some more Civ VI R&F and a bit of Order of Battle WWII as I've just picked up the Wierkrieg (I think that was what it was called) pack of European campaigns.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: jamus34 on February 16, 2018, 06:58:32 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on February 16, 2018, 01:55:31 PM


ONE OF THESE DAYS... I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!!

Well yours truly as of now has 4 days off. So I am going to be looking at various gaming ideas this weekend.

I have been really liking Field of Glory II - Immortal Fire and I look forward to Legions Triumphant. I won the Philip of Macedon campaign!

Anything else I am not too sure. Just playin it by ear.

One of my favorite albums. Nothing better than pouring a tall scotch, dim the lights and put on the headphones.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: MetalDog on February 16, 2018, 08:07:44 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on February 16, 2018, 06:58:32 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on February 16, 2018, 01:55:31 PM


ONE OF THESE DAYS... I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!!

Well yours truly as of now has 4 days off. So I am going to be looking at various gaming ideas this weekend.

I have been really liking Field of Glory II - Immortal Fire and I look forward to Legions Triumphant. I won the Philip of Macedon campaign!

Anything else I am not too sure. Just playin it by ear.

One of my favorite albums. Nothing better than pouring a tall scotch lighting a doob, dim the lights and put on the headphones.

Ftfy  :bd:
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Huw the Poo on February 16, 2018, 08:51:29 PM
That's Nick Mason's vocals on One of These Days, apparently.

I fucking love Meddle.  Only Pink Floyd could record a whole side of totally experimental music and have it be utterly brilliant, and record a whole other side composed entirely of one song, which just happens to be a masterpiece.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: MetalDog on February 16, 2018, 09:10:44 PM
Meddle and Obscured by Clouds are my two favorite Floyd albums.  Brilliant stuff. 
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: MetalDog on February 16, 2018, 09:11:06 PM
And nice to see you back, Huw :)
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: MengJiao on February 16, 2018, 10:29:02 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on February 16, 2018, 09:42:18 AM
Here we goooooo.....

1. Kingdom Come
2. Deep Sixed
3. CIV VI: Rise and Fall
4. Tabletop Simulator
5. Dominions 5

There are several games I have that I have not tried... I may end up installing several and just playing them to get and idea if I even want to put them on the list.

I also just got my Huion Inspiroy Q11K Wireless Graphic Drawing Tablet in and plan on doing some sketching this weekend as well.

Mostly World of Warships and some FOGtwo
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: jamus34 on February 16, 2018, 11:54:25 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on February 16, 2018, 08:07:44 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on February 16, 2018, 06:58:32 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on February 16, 2018, 01:55:31 PM


ONE OF THESE DAYS... I'M GOING TO CUT YOU INTO LITTLE PIECES!!

Well yours truly as of now has 4 days off. So I am going to be looking at various gaming ideas this weekend.

I have been really liking Field of Glory II - Immortal Fire and I look forward to Legions Triumphant. I won the Philip of Macedon campaign!

Anything else I am not too sure. Just playin it by ear.

One of my favorite albums. Nothing better than pouring a tall scotch lighting a doob, dim the lights and put on the headphones.

Ftfy  :bd:

In another life maybe.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Arctic Blast on February 17, 2018, 02:27:16 AM
Long weekend followed by a week off. Saturday and Sunday shall be days of boardgaming! Not sure what will get played for certain, but I'm going to be pushing for Cthulhu Wars, Terraforming Mars, The Expanse and maybe Dominant Species.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Blucher on February 17, 2018, 03:30:27 AM
John Tillers Moscow 42 Gold PBEM
John Tillers Campaign series PBEM
Fallout 4
and some OOTP 18 continuing my losing season as the 1921 Negro National League Detroit Stars.
Title: Re: One of these FRIDAYS
Post by: Huw the Poo on February 17, 2018, 04:43:34 AM
Shellshock: Live
Rusted Warfare
Battlevoid: Sector Siege

Possibly a bit of Bomber Crew

My gaming group and I usually play on Saturday night but it was Friday this week.  We started with some Shellshock: Live as we usually do, then we were going to continue our journey of galactic incompetence in Pulsar: Lost Colony but instead decided to play Rusted Warfare.  I might have to do a thread about this one if one doesn't already exist, but basically it's a very lo-fi "homage" to C&C, Dune 2000 etc.  It's priced at something ridiculous like tree-fiddy which puts it at more or less the top of my entire library in terms of pure value for money.

I've got Battlevoid: Sector Siege for solo play.  It's a natural sequel to the brilliant, overlooked gem Battlevoid: Harbinger and I'm finding it difficult to put down lately.  Just got to unlock that lovely new ship/station/research tree!  Also, it's taken me this long to discover that it has a skirmish mode, hahaha.