GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: GDS_Starfury on March 21, 2018, 02:14:13 PM

Title: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: GDS_Starfury on March 21, 2018, 02:14:13 PM
kind of surprised no ones posted about this.

today was the release of WoT 1.0. 
a totally new graphics engine and redesigned maps brings the game out of russian levels of potato and into the Western hemisphere.
all the main bits are explained here:  https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/1-0-is-here/
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: Jarhead0331 on March 21, 2018, 02:42:08 PM
Any single player?
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: steve58 on March 21, 2018, 03:20:08 PM
^nope.  "World of..." games are all MP
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: mirth on March 21, 2018, 03:25:02 PM
Single player campaign available for consoles

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/17/world-of-tanks-single-player-august-22nd/
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: Gusington on March 21, 2018, 03:25:46 PM
Dammit.
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: mirth on March 21, 2018, 03:29:02 PM
I'll have to give it a try on XBone
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: acctingman on March 21, 2018, 03:31:52 PM
Well, guess I know when I'm buying my PS4
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: steve58 on March 21, 2018, 03:32:50 PM
Quote from: steve58 on March 21, 2018, 03:20:08 PM
^nope.  "World of..." games are all MP

OK, sry forgot about the co-op mode/bots. The bots in WoWS are pretty easy.  I imagine they are similar in WoT?
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: Con on March 21, 2018, 04:37:18 PM
Interesting to see those maps that I spent so much time fighting on with new graphics.  Kind of makes me want to fire it up again

Con
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: Geezer on March 21, 2018, 04:41:44 PM
I haven't played in so long several of those maps look new to me.  Maybe if they threw in some premium time I'd come back.
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: Barthheart on March 21, 2018, 04:50:58 PM
Quote from: acctingman on March 21, 2018, 03:31:52 PM
Well, guess I know when I'm buying my PS4

It's free... unless you want to buy tanks instead of grind for them...
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: GDS_Starfury on March 21, 2018, 06:04:53 PM
the maps have a similar layout but are essentially new.
and there are very few shit bots in game JH.
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: Geezer on March 22, 2018, 04:45:20 PM
I reloaded the game.  Not even sure why as I have not played in 3 years, and sucked when I did play.  At least I still have about 6K gold and 12M credits.  :)

Saw some screens about missions and a campaign.  All new to me.  Will have to RTFM.  Oh wait, is there one?
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: Slick Wilhelm on March 23, 2018, 06:16:59 PM
Wow, this is pretty cool! I have not played much in the last two years, but it may be time to jump back in and get serious. Thanks for posting this, Starfury!
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: GDS_Starfury on March 23, 2018, 09:50:44 PM
 :bd:

it really feels like a new game.

mostly.
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: jomni on March 24, 2018, 04:11:32 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 23, 2018, 09:50:44 PM
:bd:

it really feels like a new game.

mostly.

So all previous progress is lost?
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: Geezer on March 24, 2018, 05:10:13 AM
Nope, all you tanks, crews, etc. are still there.
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: GDS_Starfury on March 24, 2018, 12:02:05 PM
there seems to be a lot of newish people starting the game or coming back after a long break.
this is making the disparity between players in matches somewhat vast across all tiers.  its less of an issue at the highest tiers however.
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: Con on March 26, 2018, 10:08:08 AM
Jumped back in. The maps are gorgeous and have been tweaked so it's familiar and unfamiliar at the same time. It's a great looking game for my new pc rig. Really shines in the graphics area.

All the reasons I drifted away are still there
12 y old ass hat players (in every online game)
Grinding
Certain tanks (TDS) mostly high level which I like to play having too many limitations imposed on them (looking at you visibility range limits)

Will probably enjoy the new scenery for a while and then drift away again
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: Tuna on March 26, 2018, 12:04:17 PM
Come play Total War Arena, where teamwork means something!
Title: Re: World of Tanks 1.0
Post by: GDS_Starfury on March 27, 2018, 11:37:57 PM
as a TD player, I would say learn the new spots.  theres less cover that works better if you get how it works.  in fact, all types of cover work better.