Anyone play Take on Helicopters? Any impressions? I may get this because I have always loved the Hind choppers.
Linky: http://takeonthegame.com/take-on-helicopters-hinds-announced/
Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2012, 01:04:30 PM
Anyone play Take on Helicopters? Any impressions? I may get this because I have always loved the Hind choppers.
Linky: http://takeonthegame.com/take-on-helicopters-hinds-announced/
One of the guys at ACG did a preview of the game. Its principle flaw seemed to be a lack of a combat element, so this Hinds version should make up for a perceived deficiency in the ability to blow crap up.
^That's what attracted me to it :)
I play it and enjoy it. There is some combat, but it is not the focus. This is very exciting news...thanks for posting.
Sure thing. What do you fly in the game?
Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2012, 02:23:20 PM
Sure thing. What do you fly in the game?
Uhhh...helicopters? ???
:/
What type?
Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2012, 02:32:09 PM
:/
What type?
I'll take a guess at his next comment: ones that fly.
:/
:/
@ Jar.....How is the combat worked into it ? Are there some combat missions and others just normal flight ? Just wondering if there is enough combat to make it worth my while ?
Quote from: MIGMaster on February 09, 2012, 03:20:32 PM
@ Jar.....How is the combat worked into it ? Are there some combat missions and others just normal flight ? Just wondering if there is enough combat to make it worth my while ?
If you're buying it for combat, don't bother. It essentially uses the ARMA II engine so all the combat options are there theoretically, but the vast majority of the missions are civilian. I've actually only played one mission involving combat and I found it particularly difficult. You're in a medium transport helo armed with unguided rockets and you're tasked with protecting a downed large transport helo against light, but highly mobile ground forces.
Personally, I got a lot more enjoyment out of the non-combat mission objectives.
Interesting...are any of the missions similar to those offered in the Coastal Heroes games, where you had to lower down a basket / rescue swimmer, etc?
Quote from: Jack Nastyface on February 09, 2012, 05:10:23 PM
Interesting...are any of the missions similar to those offered in the Coastal Heroes games, where you had to lower down a basket / rescue swimmer, etc?
Yes. It also comes with the ARMA II mission editor, so technically, the possibilities are pretty unlimited...excuse the pun, but the sky really is the limit.
Hmm I wonder how the Hind expansion will compare...
First of all, it a mission / story-based civilian helicopter game. Combat is not a priority, maybe with Hind you get to really shoot something.
From my experience with the game, it's mostly zippling across the map picking up stuff and delivering it somewhere withing the time limit. But I haven't gone far yet. I really like the random Coast Guard recue mission.
^Did you click thru on the link? From the site:
"Our Hinds DLC is perfect for those who are seeking the adrenaline rush of flying a classic military gunship and getting into combat."
That's encouraging!
Yes! It also sounds like I won't need to take a helicopter training course in Minsk to learn to play.
<chuckle>