GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Anguille on April 06, 2018, 01:34:41 AM

Title: Call your friday
Post by: Anguille on April 06, 2018, 01:34:41 AM


New song (cover) by one of my fav singer.

Going to play mostly:

- Civilization VI. Finisching my first real campaign. The end gets tedious while the beginning was fun. It seems i am mostly clicking "end turn" now.

- Dawn of Andromeda. A new dlc has been released (with spying etc). Playing one campaign of that.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: solops on April 06, 2018, 02:46:31 AM
Something is wrong. I cannot get excited about anything. I may just read.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 06, 2018, 03:38:53 AM
I think I'll fire up Battle for Stalingrad/Moscow, DCS, Ghost Recon:Wildlands...sorry, Far Cry 5 and maybe a driving game...probably F1 2017.

I'll also get tore into my Airfix 1/72 Vulcan and try and get it finished.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 06, 2018, 04:20:57 AM
Quote from: solops on April 06, 2018, 02:46:31 AM
Something is wrong. I cannot get excited about anything. I may just read.

I'm in the same boat. Very sad.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Dammit Carl! on April 06, 2018, 06:21:31 AM
I'm still enjoying the chaos that is Red Orchestra 2 - getting a better handle on the weapon differences with WW2 vs Viet Nam stuff - so I don't see me wandering away from that anytime soon. (Insert Vietnamese man shouting "Yaahhh!," here)

Will also chow down on the Delta Green rpg books when I can.

Have fun folks, and stay safe.

Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Barthheart on April 06, 2018, 06:34:59 AM
Jena KS.... the end is nigh... maybe.... ???  :D

Genesis VASSAL... My Egyptians are slowly getting their feet back under them after 2 barbarian invasion in the first 2 turns!  :tickedoff:

Exercising new video card with super high settings in No Man's Sky, Steel Division '44, Civ VI, Endless Space 2.

Shopping for a new dishwasher before the current one decides to barf water all over my kitchen.  #:-)

Looking at my pool still being a frozen block of ice ..... :pullhair:

Also looking at my convertable still stored in my garage when I should be driving it already.....  :(


Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: jamus34 on April 06, 2018, 06:44:57 AM
Reading up on Battletech lore and getting prepped for Ysk's Goodwill's Grognards BT forum game.

Lost steam on playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but with the amount of time already sunk I want to finish it.

Monster Hunter World is really the reason why. After picking it up I gave it some lip service and quickly fell away. Watched some videos, starting to "get it" and it's got me hooked now.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: MengJiao on April 06, 2018, 07:23:25 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 06, 2018, 03:38:53 AM
I think I'll fire up Battle for Stalingrad/Moscow, DCS, Ghost Recon:Wildlands...sorry, Far Cry 5 and maybe a driving game...probably F1 2017.

I'll also get tore into my Airfix 1/72 Vulcan and try and get it finished.

  War Thunder.  Lots of Primitive Planes!  Even torpedo planes!
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: BanzaiCat on April 06, 2018, 07:37:33 AM
I'm pretty much in board game nirvana at the moment - just got Black Orchestra a couple of days ago and played through it a couple of times - very engaging game. Also got Raiders Of The Deep and want to give that a go. Also have other things I need to play for reviews. My table is currently empty as I am paralyzed with indecision as to which review title I need to go with first (yes, BB, it should be Colonial Twilight of course...).

Going to be solidly busy though the whole weekend. Not sure I'll have time for board games. And there's nothing really doing it for me game-wise on the PC except another playthrough of Fallout: New Vegas, but that's winding down now as I've already maxed my level at 50 and haven't visited probably half the locations on the map yet. Also my character can pretty much murderize anything and has an arsenal that rivals a small Eastern European dictatorship, so there's really no challenge in it at this point.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: PanzersEast on April 06, 2018, 07:41:38 AM
The trifecta of flight simming spanning aviation....

IL-2 Stalingrad / Moscow
Falcon BMS
Wings Over Flanders Fields


With possibly a little EU IV mixed in.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Gusington on April 06, 2018, 07:55:58 AM
Finishing up Deadlight (it's quite short like me) and will start a Planescape: Torment EE game, and perhaps a dwarf campaign in Warhammer: Total War. Also eyeing AssCreed: Origins lustily.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Destraex on April 06, 2018, 07:59:28 AM
Total War Arena
Have not thought further than that yet. Everybody has the flu/colds down here. Really burned me out this week.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: BanzaiCat on April 06, 2018, 08:00:46 AM
I got Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition recently and tried another Dwarf team, but even this iteration of BB cheats so badly it's impossible to make any progress. Maybe dwarves aren't always the answer, but they're supposed to be the best team for a newb since they have high Armor and are supposedly nearly impossible to knock over (though the game could give two sh*ts about those facts and routinely ignores both).
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Gusington on April 06, 2018, 08:02:12 AM
Dwarves are always the answer.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Barthheart on April 06, 2018, 08:18:25 AM
Gonna have to add War of the Zombie PC to my play list for the weekend.  :D
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Pete Dero on April 06, 2018, 08:40:06 AM
Not much gaming but this will take up my sunday :

Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Cyrano on April 06, 2018, 09:45:49 AM
Jena KS -- I am going to REGRET saying this, but:  the end is nigh.  Maybe not here, but NIGH.  Nigh is near, not far.

Auerstedt game with Doug -- I really want to punch Bernadotte in the face.  Punching his corpse would likely not bring me this satisfaction, but it is tempting.

Friedland game with Doug -- This one is shaping up to be immensely fun.  Even if my guy has ALL the guns.

Playtest game with Doug.

FoG2 tournament round 2.  Romans vs. Palmyrans.  I'm good when I'm playing the Romans anyway.

GLOOMHAVEN -- party up against some pretty awesome choices.

@BC:  I suspect I'll be accused of repetition here, but Blood Bowl -- as all games, really -- should only be played MP. There are something like a billion leagues running so there is zero reason to play against the A.I.  They really finally did nail this design and I love this implementation.

And, I'm sure, some C&C:Napoleonics.

Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: CJReich46 on April 06, 2018, 10:09:13 AM
Well...in Retail World. It's inventory...  :buck2: 

However I am off today.  But I do think I'm going to do some gaming this weekend.

But I'm not as consistent as I plan on something I just say "hmmm how about this?"

So I have been playing Stellaris with some mods or Neverwinter Nights Diamond, but I have been really chomping on the bit for CK II.

I watched a You Tube player who did a "No Frills/DLC" Let's play as Sicily/Apuila and it was interesting! So maybe I will give that a go.

But we'll see. :) I am enjoying my day off today.
 
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: FarAway Sooner on April 06, 2018, 10:15:39 AM
I'm going to kick the tires on Through the Ages, which I picked up after reading the thread here.  My inclination is to go for the tech-heavy/production-heavy early start, leading to military parity in the midgame that I favor in all 4x games and see how well that transfers to the card game world.

We'll see if I end up playing Athens to the Spartans!   ;D
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: airboy on April 06, 2018, 10:39:57 AM
My new Falcon has not arrived yet.  So unless I want to play an older game on a laptop nothing computer wise for me.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Sir Slash on April 06, 2018, 10:40:25 AM
I need to get back to my Dwarf Warhammer TW Campaign soon too-- don't want to keep THOSE guys waiting.  :knuppel2:   But right now I'm taking the Darthmod for Empire Total War out for a spin to see how she handles today. Have Groggy weekend guys.  :bd:
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Huw the Poo on April 06, 2018, 11:41:46 AM
At the moment I am totally gripped by Warframe and The Division on the PS4.  That's where most of my gaming time will be spent.

On ye olde puter, I'm sure I'll be continuing my multiplayer game of Stellaris tomorrow night (I've given up on my single player game) and we'll almost certainly have a game of Rusted Warfare.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Rayfer on April 06, 2018, 11:47:57 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 06, 2018, 04:20:57 AM
Quote from: solops on April 06, 2018, 02:46:31 AM
Something is wrong. I cannot get excited about anything. I may just read.

I'm in the same boat. Very sad.

Same as solops and JH...so I'm downloading stuff I got in old sales that I never really got into just to see what they are about.  Todays it's a HoI game called Darkest Hour.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Greybriar on April 06, 2018, 12:23:58 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on April 06, 2018, 11:47:57 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 06, 2018, 04:20:57 AM
Quote from: solops on April 06, 2018, 02:46:31 AM
Something is wrong. I cannot get excited about anything. I may just read.

I'm in the same boat. Very sad.

Same as solops and JH...so I'm downloading stuff I got in old sales that I never really got into just to see what they are about.  Todays it's a HoI game called Darkest Hour.

Darkest Hour is a good game despite being seven years old. I hope you enjoy it and find it worth your time.

Finding a new game I truly enjoy playing is like grasping at straws--nothing interests me and what does usually ends up as a disappointment. I had high hopes for a number of new releases and every one of them let me down.

So now I mostly read or watch movies. Today I will do my taxes; what a way to pass the time. *sigh*
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Nefaro on April 06, 2018, 01:07:20 PM
Quote from: solops on April 06, 2018, 02:46:31 AM
Something is wrong. I cannot get excited about anything. I may just read.

This has been my mode for months now.

I keep screwing up and trying to force myself back into a PC game, but the short attempts just keep failing.    :hide:

Normally I'd switch to tabletop gaming or painting, but that's not enticed me much either.  Hrmm.  As Gus says, "Better start drinking!"   :buck2:



Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Gusington on April 06, 2018, 01:31:34 PM
Better start drinking indeed...you guys are depressing me.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Yskonyn on April 06, 2018, 02:00:54 PM
First and foremost I am prepping my Goodwill's Grogheads Battletech Campaign. It's a lot of work, but I am loving every minute of it.

Factorio for some relaxation and some Monster Hunter World for some skill training.

Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: solops on April 06, 2018, 02:06:09 PM
Drinking! (slaps forehead) Of course, how obvious! I still have most of a case of wine I bought two years ago, not to mention wine and whiskey I keep getting as gifts. Doctors keep telling me a drink or two each day is good for anti-cancer and stress (heart). I keep forgetting to imbibe... think I had a drink at Christmas. OK, time to get healthy!
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Huw the Poo on April 06, 2018, 02:13:26 PM
Quote from: solops on April 06, 2018, 02:06:09 PM
not to mention wine and whiskey I keep getting as gifts

Do you mind if we share friends?
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Gusington on April 06, 2018, 02:40:19 PM
Solops man - you have some drinking to catch up on.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Arctic Blast on April 07, 2018, 11:15:43 PM
Played Twilight Imperium 4 for the second time in six weeks! I ended up second. I actually would have won the game, but I scored objectives a couple of players after the guy who ended up winning when he did the same. SO CLOSE TO GALACTIC SUPREMACY!

Now that Far Cry 5 has left me fuming and laughing hysterically all at once, I need to pick a new electronic game to play. Not sure which yet. That leaves plenty of time to punch and sort a small stack of recent tabletop pickups (Wilderness War, Mr. Madison's War, Strike of the Eagle, War of the Ring, Space Empires 4X with 1st expansion, and Wiz War).
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Hofstadter on April 08, 2018, 01:49:08 AM
My partner and I are drunk and playing steel division.

I fell into the bargain bin at the bottle ship reaching for some arak
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Nefaro on April 08, 2018, 09:26:06 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 07, 2018, 11:15:43 PM
Played Twilight Imperium 4 for the second time in six weeks! I ended up second. I actually would have won the game, but I scored objectives a couple of players after the guy who ended up winning when he did the same. SO CLOSE TO GALACTIC SUPREMACY!

Now that Far Cry 5 has left me fuming and laughing hysterically all at once, I need to pick a new electronic game to play. Not sure which yet. That leaves plenty of time to punch and sort a small stack of recent tabletop pickups (Wilderness War, Mr. Madison's War, Strike of the Eagle, War of the Ring, Space Empires 4X with 1st expansion, and Wiz War).

Wiz War.   :smitten:

I still planned on picking up the first expansion to that, but it seems FFG has been in no hurry to reprint it, now that it's become a scarcity on shelves.   :knuppel2:

Haven't played the Wizard Pissing Contest in a couple years, so no hurry I suppose.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: JudgeDredd on April 08, 2018, 03:36:21 PM
Well I didn't play anything except maybe 30 minutes of Battle for Stalingrad.

Too busy modelling  :dreamer:
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Arctic Blast on April 08, 2018, 05:10:44 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 08, 2018, 09:26:06 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 07, 2018, 11:15:43 PM
Played Twilight Imperium 4 for the second time in six weeks! I ended up second. I actually would have won the game, but I scored objectives a couple of players after the guy who ended up winning when he did the same. SO CLOSE TO GALACTIC SUPREMACY!

Now that Far Cry 5 has left me fuming and laughing hysterically all at once, I need to pick a new electronic game to play. Not sure which yet. That leaves plenty of time to punch and sort a small stack of recent tabletop pickups (Wilderness War, Mr. Madison's War, Strike of the Eagle, War of the Ring, Space Empires 4X with 1st expansion, and Wiz War).

Wiz War.   :smitten:

I still planned on picking up the first expansion to that, but it seems FFG has been in no hurry to reprint it, now that it's become a scarcity on shelves.   :knuppel2:

Haven't played the Wizard Pissing Contest in a couple years, so no hurry I suppose.

Actually, it's probably gone OOP. They signed a licensing agreement with the rights holder in 2008. Those deals tend to last about ten years, and it's 2018. Buy what you can, because it's probably done.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Tuna on April 09, 2018, 05:53:01 AM
Spent the weekend trying to figure out how to get some old VHS tapes of my band on to digital.

Yesterday what was left of Sunday, I got some time in with Total War Rome II.. Finally finished my Antony Campaign.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Gusington on April 09, 2018, 07:17:23 AM
Did you win?
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Nefaro on April 09, 2018, 09:41:54 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 08, 2018, 05:10:44 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 08, 2018, 09:26:06 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 07, 2018, 11:15:43 PM
Played Twilight Imperium 4 for the second time in six weeks! I ended up second. I actually would have won the game, but I scored objectives a couple of players after the guy who ended up winning when he did the same. SO CLOSE TO GALACTIC SUPREMACY!

Now that Far Cry 5 has left me fuming and laughing hysterically all at once, I need to pick a new electronic game to play. Not sure which yet. That leaves plenty of time to punch and sort a small stack of recent tabletop pickups (Wilderness War, Mr. Madison's War, Strike of the Eagle, War of the Ring, Space Empires 4X with 1st expansion, and Wiz War).

Wiz War.   :smitten:

I still planned on picking up the first expansion to that, but it seems FFG has been in no hurry to reprint it, now that it's become a scarcity on shelves.   :knuppel2:

Haven't played the Wizard Pissing Contest in a couple years, so no hurry I suppose.

Actually, it's probably gone OOP. They signed a licensing agreement with the rights holder in 2008. Those deals tend to last about ten years, and it's 2018. Buy what you can, because it's probably done.

I was worried that it's licensing was somehow tied in with their Games Workshop deal that got dropped a short time back. 

Ahh well. At least I have the core game.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Tuna on April 09, 2018, 01:34:04 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 09, 2018, 07:17:23 AM
Did you win?

Yep

(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/813/26476598667_8ca0800725_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/GkDumt)
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Gusington on April 09, 2018, 04:57:09 PM
Beautiful.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Sir Slash on April 09, 2018, 06:37:26 PM
Nothing on this Earth prettier than a TW map all filled-in with your colors.  O0
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: jomni on April 10, 2018, 02:33:19 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 09, 2018, 06:37:26 PM
Nothing on this Earth prettier than a TW map all filled-in with your colors.  O0

Maybe a Eurpoa Universalis map filled with your colours.
Title: Re: Call your friday
Post by: Sir Slash on April 10, 2018, 09:16:22 AM
Is that even possible in one lifetime?  :o