Panzer Doctrine has been released on Steam Early Access!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/709880/Panzer_Doctrine/
Not moistening my loins so far. L:-)?
Looks like Land Doctrine, but with a more loosely historical theme.
How are the games different?
Being a beta, PD doesn't have all the bells and whistles yet. Unsure if some of the bling is even planned to be added.
Aside from that, its focus is more particularly historical, of course. Only one campaign as yet (Barbarossa, Central thrust).
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 06, 2018, 12:21:17 PM
Looks like Land Doctrine, but with a more loosely historical theme.
How are the games different?
Hi,
It looks similar to Land Doctrine but the gameplay is total different. Panzer Doctrine will have scenario mode and campaign mode, similar to the old Panzer General. Game is still early access, only the campaign mode working. At the moment campaign consists 16 scenarios from 1941 to 1945. Basic units are divisions: infantry, motorized, mechanized and tank. Every division consists multiple regiments and battalions, and player can reorganize and upgrade them. Combat system is more like HOI3. Supply, fatigue, vehicle break-down, weather and ground conditions are all have effect on combat and movement.
There will be demo next week hopefully.
Great. Sounds interesting. Thanks.
Hi,
Free demo has been released for Panzer Doctrine! Feel free to have a try.
Sounds reasonable! O0
Played the tutorial in the demo; lost the mission fairly -- ran out of time, because I didn't concentrate on the objective per se.
The tutorial messages need a way to be removed once done. They don't block the view fatally, but it's a little annoying.
UI for selecting units in a stack, is still a little clunky.
Are air assets supposed to never regain readiness? (Possibly so: I was testing the tutorial per se, so I haven't read the rules yet.) Once they exhausted -- and strat bombers exhausted themselves after only a couple of bombing runs -- that was it, they were done for the rest of the mission, even if I still had a week or ten days to go.
Music was eerie and somber. I turned it off eventually, but only because it got a bit old quickly. Also I wanted to listen for the sound fx.
Supposedly supply can be cut off now (including in cities? -- maybe not?), or so the tutorial suggests, but if so then the game needs a clearer way (or any way?) to illustrate that for the player.
Despite the abstractions, I enjoyed my hour or so with the game. I felt rather like Yang Wen-li, assigning careful positioning movements in order to gain the best advantages before attacking. I will provisionally assume the AI does more than in the tutorial.