GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: DennisS on April 16, 2018, 01:50:11 PM

Title: Battletech!
Post by: DennisS on April 16, 2018, 01:50:11 PM
Here is the youtube link to a series of 33 videos on the new Battletech single player game.

This is amazing. A true RPG, where you are the commander of a mercenary outfit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjz_EX29fCY&list=PLN39y5i_H0FnCdV323TAgkxwyzuQxtb6b&index=1

Everything you could want in an RPG...individual pilots, who gain experience and level their skills.

All the old favorite mechs are there...Jenner, Atlas, Centurion, you name it.

Even better still is the "mech lab", where you can refit your mechs. Remove and replace armor, internals, weapons, heat sinks, and others.

You want a lightly armored heavy mech, bristling with long range missles? Check. You want a fast mech, loaded with flamethrowers or light machine guns? Check.

I have watched 22 of the 35 or so videos in this series, and I have to tell you..I have a Jones for this one. So much so that I have been saving my steam allowance  :uglystupid2: for over a month.

Sorry If I missed a pre-existing thread on this one..comes out in just over a week, on steam and gog, for $40 US.

...edited to add that the Battletech old thread hasn't had a post in almost two years. I read through it, not a lot of value there, so much has changed.
Title: Re: Battletech!
Post by: Jarhead0331 on April 16, 2018, 02:37:07 PM
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19526.0 (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19526.0)