QuoteIn celebration of our upcoming RULE THE WAVES II game, the followup to the very popular 'RULE THE WAVES' game,
NWS has significantly reduced the prices of the following titles
http://nws-online.proboards.com/thread/1384/sai-rtw-series-pricing-announcement (http://nws-online.proboards.com/thread/1384/sai-rtw-series-pricing-announcement)
Yep, back in March:)
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=21937.msg601964#msg601964
I'm not sure how I missed the other thread considering it's three pages long. Maybe somebody else missed it too. :hide:
I ended up buying the two Steam and Iron games and I'm holding off RTW until version 2 comes out.
I'm already sold on Rule the Waves. Someone want to convince me I can't live without Steam and Iron (please)?
Quote from: matt3916 on April 28, 2018, 07:18:10 PM
I'm already sold on Rule the Waves. Someone want to convince me I can't live without Steam and Iron (please)?
I'm definitely getting at least one, I just can't decide which one. NWS would be plain evil if they packaged them up into a 3 for $50 deal.
Rule the Waves is excellent. I saw a recent lets play were the guy built mostly big ships, and didn't have a lot of destroyers. Not sure about that...I would be temped to build a TON of light cruisers, destroyers, and subs. Pretty much run away from all fights with larger ships.
After playing a lot of Storm Eagle's Distant Guns and Jutland, I thought I would try the NWS games especially with the reduced pricing.
I bought the RJW game first since I've always been interested in that war. I definitely miss the graphics and sounds from Distant Guns, but the campaign is absolutely great with the NWS game.
Liked RJW so much, I bought the WW1 game, but I haven't gotten much into it yet.
Will definitely buy RTW2 when it comes out, but I wanted the Steam and Iron games for the campaigns and without having to worry about designing ships, budgets, politics, etc...
^I am in the same boat so to speak. I understand the appeal of RTW but I really prefer the scope of SAI.