Well in Vancouver anyway.
http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/your-translink-dreams-are-coming-true-morgan-freeman-to-voice-transit-announcements (http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/your-translink-dreams-are-coming-true-morgan-freeman-to-voice-transit-announcements)
"Transit Sprinkles..."
On the DC metro, the announcements sound like they're given by a drunk mumbling person underwater somewhere far away. They're completely unintelligible. I feel sorry for the tourists and out of town visitors.
Both Morgan Freeman and George Burns have played God in movies.
I'd find George Burns announcing bus departures would be a lot more fun.
Quote from: trailrunner on May 23, 2018, 04:46:09 AM
On the DC metro, the announcements sound like they're given by a drunk mumbling person underwater somewhere far away. They're completely unintelligible. I feel sorry for the tourists and out of town visitors.
Except when they are telling you there is a two hour delay. You can hear that a lot.
I think R. Lee Ermey would've been better. "You're damned bus is leaving in 5 min. maggot! BE ON IT!"! :clap:
Whether he's guilty or not (we can leave that to the courts), I suspect the Vancouver TransLink peoples will be looking for a new voice stat...
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/entertainment/morgan-freeman-accusations/index.html
Yup. Already canned the deal. (wonder how much more that's going to cost us in gas taxes. We're already at $1.619/L here today). That mouth-breathing idiot, Seth Rogan said he wants the gig.
You don't want Bob the Blob telling you that Platform 5 is now boarding?
(https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/monstersvsaliens/images/0/04/2120797-monstra-vs-vetrelci.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140405114535)
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 24, 2018, 06:40:33 PM
Yup. Already canned the deal. (wonder how much more that's going to cost us in gas taxes. We're already at $1.619/L here today). That mouth-breathing idiot, Seth Rogan said he wants the gig.
I think you mean Bong-Breathing idiot.