GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: solops on May 28, 2018, 04:13:44 PM

Title: Hex Empire 3 (name corrected!)
Post by: solops on May 28, 2018, 04:13:44 PM
I recently spotted a game on Steam called Hex Empire 3. Does anyone know anything about it? (I had the name wrong when first posted)
Title: Re: Hex Empire 3 (name corrected!)
Post by: Pete Dero on May 29, 2018, 02:23:08 AM
Video made by the developer :



Some gameplay :




More info and access to demo :

https://uunxx.itch.io/hex-empire

Title: Re: Hex Empire 3 (name corrected!)
Post by: steve58 on May 29, 2018, 12:28:08 PM
Well, I was gonna check out the demo, but Norton (yeah, yeah, I know Norton ::)) had a very red meltdown:

Quote
Dangerous Web Page Blocked

You attempted to access:https://w3g3a5v6.ssl.hwcdn.net/upload2/game/156925/904210?GoogleAccessId=uploader@moonscript2.iam.gserviceaccount.com&Expires=1527614756&Signature=dfkg5GB6GQyS%2F%2FU0gAOHRjKTyKYjSu51Xb85i5s3pwb5cGWzyTeH%2Br2fHxvPKhOQnhICNvyi%2FgRNn0SBsIUH9X%2FvT85sQ%2BpL%2FIfk1%2FlitChtpXeRhCmwzJNKtkMiSpOynJEu3QRQOT75ASTwtCRte1%2F371UxPG1kl3ImPXWVpEkikV246pq3GhU9EbvH1geMQTKP%2FVpZu97uBdeetvGpCWiq25Ny9aTlyLLliHdSh684llzItU70j0Etni8ROAwpjDyfOMuNKSPZ6Wm4IfFkhSZy1vbrVLAadPOE3kvau3IHv4F0wj%2BG8jOQRjDqvaRJjihNzHYRb0UPE8u%2FQ1otpA==&hwexp=1527615016&hwsig=11b10f08d6c6c1299ba8a6c565a1d5c1

This is a known dangerous web page. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page.

Anyone else get a warning about the demo download??
Title: Re: Hex Empire 3 (name corrected!)
Post by: solops on May 29, 2018, 01:59:32 PM
I am really intrigued by the way this game looks. Maybe it is an "Empire" deluxe, redone with hexes? I really do not know. The fact that it is a third iteration of the game is encouraging - it has been around a while (improved, right?) and it must have sold enough for the devs to stay with it. From some of the Discussion chatter I infer that it may be WEGO, but I cannot find any solid confirmation, nor is there any info on the AI opponent. I think it might be a PC port of an Android game(?)
Title: Re: Hex Empire 3 (name corrected!)
Post by: Pete Dero on May 29, 2018, 02:07:11 PM
Quote from: steve58 on May 29, 2018, 12:28:08 PM
Well, I was gonna check out the demo, but Norton (yeah, yeah, I know Norton ::)) had a very red meltdown:
Anyone else get a warning about the demo download??

I've downloaded the demo and let AVG Internet Suite scan the zip file -> no issues found.
Title: Re: Hex Empire 3 (name corrected!)
Post by: Boggit on May 30, 2018, 06:40:45 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on May 29, 2018, 02:07:11 PM
Quote from: steve58 on May 29, 2018, 12:28:08 PM
Well, I was gonna check out the demo, but Norton (yeah, yeah, I know Norton ::)) had a very red meltdown:
Anyone else get a warning about the demo download??

I've downloaded the demo and let AVG Internet Suite scan the zip file -> no issues found.
Good going.

Let us know what you think of it.  \m/
Title: Re: Hex Empire 3 (name corrected!)
Post by: Pete Dero on May 30, 2018, 07:00:12 AM
Quote from: Boggit on May 30, 2018, 06:40:45 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on May 29, 2018, 02:07:11 PM
Quote from: steve58 on May 29, 2018, 12:28:08 PM
Well, I was gonna check out the demo, but Norton (yeah, yeah, I know Norton ::)) had a very red meltdown:
Anyone else get a warning about the demo download??

I've downloaded the demo and let AVG Internet Suite scan the zip file -> no issues found.
Good going.

Let us know what you think of it.  \m/

Not my kind of game so I didn't install it :-[  :hide:.  Just checked it for viruses ...