GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Labbug on May 30, 2018, 05:52:18 AM

Title: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Labbug on May 30, 2018, 05:52:18 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/29/is-bethesda-teasing-a-fallout-remaster-or-a-new-new-vegas
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2018, 06:57:32 AM
Perhaps none of the above...pre E3 rumors abound!
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: jamus34 on May 30, 2018, 07:05:26 AM
A "please stand by" message with a sleeping Vault Boy is pretty much a dead giveaway to something fallout related.

My guess is that it is not fallout 5 but fallout 4 VR.


Which will piss a lot of people off.
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2018, 07:09:09 AM
When I said none of the above I was referring to none of the Fallout theories that Dan @ IGN put forth.

But you know what? A new Fallout Tactics, a la X COM, would be sweet.
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: jamus34 on May 30, 2018, 07:19:18 AM
What, you expect me to actually READ?!?

: :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Jarhead0331 on May 30, 2018, 07:27:08 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on May 30, 2018, 07:05:26 AM
A "please stand by" message with a sleeping Vault Boy is pretty much a dead giveaway to something fallout related.

My guess is that it is not fallout 5 but fallout 4 VR.


Which will piss a lot of people off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Fallout 4 VR has been out for months.
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Yskonyn on May 30, 2018, 07:35:52 AM
Lol! That why it will definately piss people off if that's the announcement!  :bd:
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2018, 07:47:33 AM
HA
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: jamus34 on May 30, 2018, 07:58:12 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 30, 2018, 07:27:08 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on May 30, 2018, 07:05:26 AM
A "please stand by" message with a sleeping Vault Boy is pretty much a dead giveaway to something fallout related.

My guess is that it is not fallout 5 but fallout 4 VR.


Which will piss a lot of people off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Fallout 4 VR has been out for months.

Doh. Not going to doubt you there. I'll I've been seeing / hearing was the Skyrim VR
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2018, 10:23:50 AM
The 'Fallout 76' trailer just hit YouTube...
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Barthheart on May 30, 2018, 10:25:13 AM
Ummm... link?  ::)
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2018, 10:26:47 AM
I'm on a phone, and I said 'on YouTube' - I think you can figure it out from there.
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Barthheart on May 30, 2018, 10:30:44 AM
But I'm lazy.... you can tell because I'm here instead of working....  :P
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2018, 10:33:11 AM
Me too! But I can't help being on a phone. Hurry the YouTube video is currently getting pummeled like a cheap floozy.
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Barthheart on May 30, 2018, 10:36:22 AM
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2018, 10:38:19 AM
A true master, you.
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2018, 11:55:42 AM
Kotaku is reporting that Fallout 76 will be an MMO game :/
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Tpek on May 30, 2018, 12:11:27 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 30, 2018, 10:36:22 AM


So Fallout 5 or Fallout Online?
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Barthheart on May 30, 2018, 12:16:25 PM
Online by the sounds of it.....
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Tpek on May 30, 2018, 01:51:01 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on May 30, 2018, 12:16:25 PM
Online by the sounds of it.....

As long as they won't go by the mistake that ruined Elder Scrolls Online, aka, Level Scaling, then I'm game :)
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Gusington on May 30, 2018, 02:06:14 PM
I posted above that Kotaku reports it is an MMO.
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: bob48 on May 30, 2018, 02:16:32 PM
Its handy to have an engineer hanging about, just in case.
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: bbmike on May 30, 2018, 02:46:47 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 30, 2018, 02:06:14 PM
I posted above that Kotaku reports it is an MMO.

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Fvomit.gif&hash=f8c0cec79f834c3558ced52ccf681c80fdf7c2e4)
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: sandman2575 on May 30, 2018, 07:57:19 PM
"But Fallout 76 is in fact an online survival RPG that's heavily inspired by games like DayZ and Rust, according to three people familiar with the project."

https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333 (https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333)

News that dampens my enthusiasm considerably.

Ah well. I wasn't expecting that Bethesda had any Fallout project in the offing, so not like they got my hopes up.
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Rayfer on May 30, 2018, 08:47:32 PM
Extremely disappointed. Was hoping for Fallout 5 or if not numbered then like New Vegas but set somewhere else. No interest whatsoever in a Fallout MMO.  :-[
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Manassassas on May 31, 2018, 04:38:28 AM
Will you need to have played the other 75 games to understand what's going on?
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Tpek on May 31, 2018, 12:57:52 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 30, 2018, 02:06:14 PM
I posted above that Kotaku reports it is an MMO.

Yeah, sorry, didn't see your post before posting my question.
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Gusington on May 31, 2018, 01:15:35 PM
How dare you. In response, I feel the need to tell you this:

There is also an AssCreed rumor floating around...AssCreed Odyssey, set in Greece.
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: jamus34 on May 31, 2018, 01:30:51 PM
An asscreed in Greece? That's a bit spartan on the details.
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Gusington on May 31, 2018, 01:40:25 PM
 :dreamer:
Title: Re: Fallout Rumor
Post by: Tpek on May 31, 2018, 02:54:46 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 31, 2018, 01:15:35 PM
How dare you. In response, I feel the need to tell you this:

There is also an AssCreed rumor floating around...AssCreed Odyssey, set in Greece.

They are releasing an AssCreed game a year, and last game was set in Egypt, so it's possible.