GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Lowenstaat on July 26, 2018, 06:26:15 PM

Title: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: Lowenstaat on July 26, 2018, 06:26:15 PM
I ran across this video on YouTube showing progress on a digital version of Lock 'n Load Tactical:

I'm interested to see how this develops.
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: bbmike on July 26, 2018, 06:30:10 PM
If that's true all I can say is:

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aarcentral.com%2Fpics%2Ftakemoney.jpg&hash=e67a4e5f76f2782d942015f98b05ad0f5a1030d2)
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: Barthheart on July 26, 2018, 08:52:02 PM
Believe and prepare to empty yer wallet..... :D
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: Michael Dorosh on July 26, 2018, 10:04:04 PM
The devs are talking about it in the LnL Facebook group.
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: acctingman on July 27, 2018, 08:43:43 AM
I'd buy this....and I'm not a true war board gaming nerd....but yea, I'd buy this
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: RyanE on July 27, 2018, 08:44:59 AM
It looks very slick and polished.
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: Ubercat on July 27, 2018, 08:52:16 AM
LnL are here at WBC. I'll see if they can tell me anything.
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: Barthheart on July 27, 2018, 09:01:04 AM
 O0
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: Gusington on July 27, 2018, 09:39:27 AM
I am not a [board game] geek either but I would buy this too.
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: Rayfer on July 27, 2018, 12:12:49 PM
Looks a lot like L&L's Heroes of Stalingrad sold by Matrix...?
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: Ubercat on July 27, 2018, 12:15:46 PM
Looks sweet!

David Heath gave me a run down of the game and then set me down at his laptop to try the latest build. He gave me permission to share everything he told me here. I pushed some counters around and got to check out the interface. It looks head and shoulders above the old Stalingrad version.

One thing about the board version I don't like (also applies to ASL) is remembering all the SSL's (special scenario rules). The digital version should have specially altered maps for certain scenarios. If you're using a Normandy map for a non Normandy battle, you don't have to risk forgetting that those hedgerows you were counting on to defend your troops aren't really there!

I believe he said that the core game should be free and include at least the starter pack that they already provide free for PnP or cheaply for a physical copy, and possibly a little more(?) Ultimately, every tactical module should be available for purchase at an anticipated price of $25-35 each. He also plans for a lot of flexibility in how people use their modules. If you want to pit VC guerillas against falschirmjager, you should be able to.
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: Barthheart on July 27, 2018, 12:21:43 PM
Great update thanks!
:notworthy:
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: mirth on July 27, 2018, 12:23:52 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on July 27, 2018, 12:21:43 PM
Great update thanks!
:notworthy:


+1

Quote from: Ubercat on July 27, 2018, 12:15:46 PM
I believe he said that the core game should be free and include at least the starter pack that they already provide free for PnP or cheaply for a physical copy, and possibly a little more(?) Ultimately, every tactical module should be available for purchase at an anticipated price of $25-35 each. He also plans for a lot of flexibility in how people use their modules. If you want to pit VC guerillas against falschirmjager, you should be able to.

I love this model.
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: Rayfer on July 27, 2018, 02:05:56 PM
Quote from: Ubercat on July 27, 2018, 12:15:46 PM
Looks sweet!

I pushed some counters around and got to check out the interface. It looks head and shoulders above the old Stalingrad version.



I look forward to the details as they unfold. I had some fun with Stalingrad but it never clicked with me and was overall disappointing. 
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: Ubercat on July 27, 2018, 02:32:04 PM
Oops, almost forgot. There will be an iOS version for pads as well as Mac and PC. The laptop I saw it on was a Mac. They aren't planning an Android version.
Title: Re: Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital
Post by: Michael Dorosh on July 27, 2018, 06:17:00 PM
I've played Heroes of Stalingrad both solo and via TCP and enjoyed it. I found the AI was good enough to actually teach me how to play the game better. Stuff like holding the heavy weapons for later in the turn, when important targets have been spotted.