GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: bbmike on July 29, 2018, 08:39:03 AM

Title: Starflight 3
Post by: bbmike on July 29, 2018, 08:39:03 AM
Dear God, let it be and sign me up! Starflight was my first computer game.  :smitten:

Starflight 3 by HumaNature (https://www.fig.co/campaigns/starflight-3?mp=promo&r=preview)


Title: Re: Starflight 3
Post by: DennisS on July 29, 2018, 09:10:06 AM
Starflight 1, when it loads, starts with the little guy tapping his foot. First game my wife ever got into.

Oddly, every time you saved the game, it rewrote the executable. To start a new game, you had to reinstall the entire program. Still a great game, and if they remastered it, I would buy it in a heartbeat.
Title: Re: Starflight 3
Post by: Rayfer on July 29, 2018, 10:58:40 AM
Never played either of the first two....but the trailer for 3 is certainly intriguing.  One to follow.
Title: Re: Starflight 3
Post by: Staggerwing on July 29, 2018, 11:27:02 AM
GOG has Starflight 1 and 2  available for DOS, for around $6 USD
Title: Re: Starflight 3
Post by: bbmike on July 29, 2018, 11:33:06 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 29, 2018, 11:27:02 AM
GOG has Starflight 1 and 2  available for DOS, for around $6 USD

If you can get past the graphics that's worth it.  O0
Title: Re: Starflight 3
Post by: Destraex on July 30, 2018, 04:45:00 AM
Loving the music.
Title: Re: Starflight 3
Post by: FlickJax on July 31, 2018, 05:11:14 AM
Looks good, I played the 2nd one a lot :)
Title: Re: Starflight 3
Post by: FarAway Sooner on July 31, 2018, 04:46:52 PM
I loved the original Starflight but could never get the sequel to load on my dad's Zenith 0086 machine!  Ah, those were the good old days!!

I'll never forget the first time I defeated a Gazurtoid (?) gunboat, I felt like hot crap.  Until I encountered my first Uhlek ship...
Title: Re: Starflight 3
Post by: SirAndrewD on August 01, 2018, 08:18:37 PM
One of the best games I've ever played.   This is like Christmas.