GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on August 22, 2018, 10:21:42 AM

Title: BE-A Walker
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 22, 2018, 10:21:42 AM
There is something that looks extremely satisfying about this game. Mowing down hundreds of natives while piloting a giant mech. Alternatively, I understand you can switch sides and help them protect their world (probably not nearly as satisfying though).

DISCLAIMER: I do not condone or support the indiscriminate slaughter of native indigenous peoples.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/864160/BEA_Walker/ (https://store.steampowered.com/app/864160/BEA_Walker/)
Title: Re: BE-A Walker
Post by: JasonPratt on August 22, 2018, 10:46:25 AM
ENDOR HOLOCAUST SIMULATOR 2019 {/micosoft font}
Title: Re: BE-A Walker
Post by: RommelFox on August 22, 2018, 11:33:00 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on August 22, 2018, 10:46:25 AM
ENDOR HOLOCAUST SIMULATOR 2019 {/micosoft font}

I'm dying haha.  Someone needs to mod it into an AT-ST and ewoks. 
Title: Re: BE-A Walker
Post by: DoctorQuest on August 22, 2018, 11:51:47 AM
I think it needs a "mow down Congress" mod.

DISCLAIMER: I do not condone or support the indiscriminate slaughter of our elected representatives.
Title: Re: BE-A Walker
Post by: bbmike on August 22, 2018, 11:59:25 AM
It will be interesting to see what comments get posted in the Community Hub for that game.
Title: Re: BE-A Walker
Post by: bbmike on August 22, 2018, 12:00:03 PM
Oh, and if it were BE-J-J Walker, I'd buy it!  :P
Title: Re: BE-A Walker
Post by: Barthheart on August 22, 2018, 12:13:04 PM
If it were BE-HIRAM Walker I'd buy it!  <:-)
Title: Re: BE-A Walker
Post by: PanzersEast on August 22, 2018, 12:39:00 PM
Die motherf%$*#$!

(https://fsmedia.imgix.net/34/45/b5/a1/e361/48f7/ba61/29da5d5e1e25/walker-gifgif.gif)
Title: Re: BE-A Walker
Post by: steve58 on August 22, 2018, 01:09:24 PM
Real life version coming soon to Russia.  The 21st century Kalashnikov ???

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/08/22/russian-weapons-company-unveils-13-foot-tall-gold-killer-robot.html

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fa57.foxnews.com%2Fimages.foxnews.com%2Fcontent%2Ffox-news%2Ftech%2F2018%2F08%2F22%2Frussian-weapons-company-unveils-13-foot-tall-gold-killer-robot%2F_jcr_content%2Farticle-text%2Farticle-par-6%2Finline_spotlight_ima%2Fimage.img.jpg%2F612%2F344%2F1534938277833.jpg%3Fve%3D1%26amp%3Btl%3D1&hash=c6a48f98cdb78b5d58be84e9fdccddf1afe88dbc)

Title: Re: BE-A Walker
Post by: JasonPratt on August 22, 2018, 01:49:05 PM
Well, you've got to start somewhere when building nice tall, easily targeted and easily kneecapped weapon platforms.  >:D  I say good for you, Russia, if you want Atlases you've got to start somewhere!

I mean uh.... aaahhh, no, no, don't make those, whatever else not those, aaahhhh.

{/reverse psychology}
Title: Re: BE-A Walker
Post by: JasonPratt on August 22, 2018, 01:55:10 PM
After which I then remembered:

1.) Russia has a modern tradition of designing really, really good armed scout vehicles. I'm not sure a walker would fit that role, but still maybe the thought counts.

2.) Russia has a history of over-focusing on highly specialized rapid first-strike surprise deployment vehicles, like 500 horsepower tanks meant to shed their treads and roll on autobahns at 100mph, with crappy armor and only medium guns. Maybe I'm looking at what amounts to a Mechwarrior Locust the wrong way....

3.) Russia has a history of giving its state police military grade hardware to use on its own citizens and other civilians. And when I remembered that, then I felt pretty confident what this little mech is ideal for. It's meant to deploy machine guns and "pack" artillery against farmers with rifles and pitchforks.  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: BE-A Walker
Post by: Gusington on August 22, 2018, 09:14:33 PM
(https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/robocop/images/e/ef/Ed209.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/263?cb=20100116202642)
Title: Re: BE-A Walker
Post by: JasonPratt on August 23, 2018, 06:58:32 AM
I thought about Ed, too. ;)