GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: DennisS on August 23, 2018, 03:09:36 PM

Title: Stellar Tactics
Post by: DennisS on August 23, 2018, 03:09:36 PM
Strategy game on steam. It's getting pretty good reviews...anyone with experience with this 4x title? It claims to be a cross between X-COM and Fallout 2.
Title: Re: Stellar Tactics
Post by: Bletchley_Geek on August 26, 2018, 05:30:51 AM
I think it is more like a crossover between Megatraveller and Jagged Alliance or Wasteland 2 over an open world framework.

It's a one man project and still very WIP. Tactically, it isn't anything too exciting (yet). I would rate it at the level of Wasteland 2 - meh - at this stage. The developer is starting to think out of the box regarding mechanics, the last couple additions to the tactical layer were interesting. The writing and lore is very derivative too. Like what I would write if I were making a game and coming up with the story at the same time :)

Yet it's one to watch, I would recommend Wishlist + Follow.
Title: Re: Stellar Tactics
Post by: DennisS on August 26, 2018, 04:56:13 PM
Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on August 26, 2018, 05:30:51 AM
I think it is more like a crossover between Megatraveller and Jagged Alliance or Wasteland 2 over an open world framework.

It's a one man project and still very WIP. Tactically, it isn't anything too exciting (yet). I would rate it at the level of Wasteland 2 - meh - at this stage. The developer is starting to think out of the box regarding mechanics, the last couple additions to the tactical layer were interesting. The writing and lore is very derivative too. Like what I would write if I were making a game and coming up with the story at the same time :)

Yet it's one to watch, I would recommend Wishlist + Follow.

On my bucket list are several games I would like to design. I have yet to see a board game I couldn't make better! (in my own mind!)
Title: Re: Stellar Tactics
Post by: Bletchley_Geek on August 26, 2018, 07:16:09 PM
Quote(in my own mind!)

The most flexible and efficient simulator ever! :)