GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tuna on November 22, 2018, 09:46:05 AM

Title: Total War Arena shutting down
Post by: Tuna on November 22, 2018, 09:46:05 AM
They are shutting it down, but offering free gifts to people who played

https://totalwararena.com/en/news/development/ceasing-operations/ (https://totalwararena.com/en/news/development/ceasing-operations/)
Title: Re: Total War Arena shutting down
Post by: Nefaro on November 22, 2018, 12:50:42 PM
Quote from: Tuna on November 22, 2018, 09:46:05 AM
They are shutting it down, but offering free gifts to people who played

https://totalwararena.com/en/news/development/ceasing-operations/ (https://totalwararena.com/en/news/development/ceasing-operations/)

Transferred my Gs to Warships.

Not sure if I ever hit the requisite 100 battles to get an extra freebie.  Only thing TW I don't own, on offer, is the Warhammer Grim & the Grave DLC anyway.
Title: Re: Total War Arena shutting down
Post by: fran on November 22, 2018, 02:33:06 PM
Downloaded it, but never got around to playing it, perhaps the case with other people.

Cannot even say it it was a good game...
Title: Re: Total War Arena shutting down
Post by: jomni on November 22, 2018, 06:23:08 PM
That was fast. It's like development time was longer than the live time.
Title: Re: Total War Arena shutting down
Post by: Toonces on November 22, 2018, 06:50:05 PM
I think Destraex was the GH Forums rep on TW Arena.

I never tried it, but I would be super bummed if I had spent money on it.  I've had this happen with other games, and it's not a good feeling. 

I'm looking at you, Of Kings and Men.   >:(
Title: Re: Total War Arena shutting down
Post by: jomni on November 22, 2018, 08:18:22 PM
And these are big devs with deep pockets.
Title: Re: Total War Arena shutting down
Post by: JasonPratt on November 22, 2018, 08:49:28 PM
I am legitimately surprised at this. I was hanging back until the game worked through teething issues, but I was looking forward to its full development.  :'(
Title: Re: Total War Arena shutting down
Post by: Tuna on November 23, 2018, 08:15:59 AM
Well, it kind of requires Teamwork. .When some MP players don't play well as a team, and others don't realize it requires teamwork, they frustrate each other.
Title: Re: Total War Arena shutting down
Post by: Nefaro on November 25, 2018, 05:52:11 PM
This is actually the second time TW Arena has been shut down.

CA first tried doing it on their own, but the reception was poor and they quickly canned it years ago.  So they asked Wargaming, a company experienced with this type of game, unlike CA, this second time around. 

Although more popular than the first try, it appears to have gone the same way in the end.  :-\

I kinda enjoyed running it with the other guys, here, on occasion.  However, I often quickly lost interest when running it solo.  Another issue I had was that the paid sub/currency wasn't shared between it and Wargaming's other titles.  If I could've shared my account injections with World Of Warships, I may have been more active on it.  Hell, they still have WoWs and their others separated, but I don't play WoT anymore.
Title: Re: Total War Arena shutting down
Post by: DennisS on November 25, 2018, 06:39:54 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 25, 2018, 05:52:11 PM
This is actually the second time TW Arena has been shut down.

CA first tried doing it on their own, but the reception was poor and they quickly canned it years ago.  So they asked Wargaming, a company experienced with this type of game, unlike CA, this second time around. 

Although more popular than the first try, it appears to have gone the same way in the end.  :-\

I kinda enjoyed running it with the other guys, here, on occasion.  However, I often quickly lost interest when running it solo.  Another issue I had was that the paid sub/currency wasn't shared between it and Wargaming's other titles.  If I could've shared my account injections with World Of Warships, I may have been more active on it.  Hell, they still have WoWs and their others separated, but I don't play WoT anymore.

I played about 50 matches...kind of stopped. I played WoT a ton...enough to get to tier nine across 3-4 tank destroyers. Multi player just doesn't work well for me, and is a relatively small percentage of my total gameplay time.