GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Thrawn on February 21, 2019, 06:42:05 PM

Title: Nations At War Gameplay Video
Post by: Thrawn on February 21, 2019, 06:42:05 PM
Here is a new look at the gameplay of Nations At War.  We do not yet have a release date but it will not be much longer. 



Title: Re: Nations At War Gameplay Video
Post by: -budd- on February 21, 2019, 07:28:31 PM
Looks good, questions: Do wrecks obscure or block LOS? lower hit chance? I assume you can turn the dice off and the sound of the dice. Smoke rounds in the game? on board/off board? AI scripted or dynamic? Same release plan as the other game, a couple of free scenarios/buy DLC? Thanks for any info.

When are you guys getting back to the zombie game, you can never have to many zombie games ;)
Title: Re: Nations At War Gameplay Video
Post by: Barthheart on February 21, 2019, 10:27:46 PM
Quote from: -budd- on February 21, 2019, 07:28:31 PM
Looks good, questions: Do wrecks obscure or block LOS? lower hit chance? I assume you can turn the dice off and the sound of the dice. Smoke rounds in the game? on board/off board? AI scripted or dynamic? Same release plan as the other game, a couple of free scenarios/buy DLC? Thanks for any info.

When are you guys getting back to the zombie game, you can never have to many zombie games ;)

Wrecks - no and no.
Dice  - no and no.... at least I don't know how...
Smoke - yes(?) and yes.
AI - dynamic and pretty good too.
Release plan - not sure....

PC game uses the same rules as the board game which you can download for free here:
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/nations-at-war-core-rules.268/
Title: Re: Nations At War Gameplay Video
Post by: -budd- on February 21, 2019, 10:38:45 PM
Thank you sir, but i do hope the dice noise can be turned off :) Thx for the download link, will check it out.
Title: Re: Nations At War Gameplay Video
Post by: JasonPratt on February 21, 2019, 11:16:39 PM
All hail Thrawn and LnL!  :notworthy:
Title: Re: Nations At War Gameplay Video
Post by: Moreb on February 21, 2019, 11:51:42 PM
A fantastic looking presentation. I wish the music wasn't so loud, but that's more a taste thing.

Like I said in the LnL thread here; it's time for some high production value games of this genre to be made.

Again, very impressive.
Title: Re: Nations At War Gameplay Video
Post by: Grim.Reaper on April 25, 2020, 04:55:01 PM
Released today.....base game at $2.99 with (2) DLC at $7.99 each (on sale right now)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1226000/Nations_At_War_Digital/
Title: Re: Nations At War Gameplay Video
Post by: JasonPratt on April 25, 2020, 06:54:13 PM
Instabuy! ...buyed! ....bought!
Title: Re: Nations At War Gameplay Video
Post by: planetbrain on April 26, 2020, 02:20:36 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 25, 2020, 06:54:13 PM
Instabuy! ...buyed! ....bought!

Ditto plus the 2 available DLC.
Only ever play anything solo (due to social distancing) but am quite aware that I miss out a lot this way.
Title: Re: Nations At War Gameplay Video
Post by: Crossroads on April 27, 2020, 12:35:20 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 25, 2020, 06:54:13 PM
Instabuy! ...buyed! ....bought!
What's there to add to this. Perhaps a wish this would be extended to World at War '85 series as well  :bd:
Title: Re: Nations At War Gameplay Video
Post by: Crossroads on May 01, 2020, 03:19:23 AM
I've played the "Nuts" scenario a couple of times now, I like how it depicts the boardgames quite nicely. With no manual, it is still relatively easy to have a game going. I haven't done any rule-by-rule comparisons, but seems quite a neat conversion indeed  :smitten:

Has any of you guys tried it out yet, what are your thoughts :)
Title: Re: Nations At War Gameplay Video
Post by: Barthheart on May 01, 2020, 06:10:25 AM
I've played it a bunch, both before and after release. It's a direct port of the bard game. Rules match exactly.
It still needs some work, both UI and AI wise. But that's why it's early access. They are working hard on it.
For the most part I like the UI, just takes a little getting used to.
The AI needs the most work. Still leaves defensive positions for no good reason. Sometimes it gets stuck in one place, decision lock I think.
A some more work and it will be a great game that fills a niche, platoon level, tactical, turn based game play.