Greetings grogheads. WINSPWW2 & WINSPMBT have new patches available:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52395
^Thank you for posting
Oh boy! The semiannual reminder that Shrapnel is still in business came early!
I finally got around to installing both on my computer earlier this week so this is good news. Thanks for posting.
Yeah . they still have a forum for All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy FFS ... :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
Sharpnel has my eternal thanks for keeping Steel Panthers current! Thanks guys!!!
So, I've tried to play this several times now (WW2), but the grainyness and lack of contrast for all the units (especially on rural maps) just causes me to overlook many a unit.
How do you guys cope with this?
Through willpower.
I don't................ anymore :) but yet i installed the update :uglystupid2:
Quote from: Yskonyn on April 04, 2020, 12:06:43 PM
So, I've tried to play this several times now (WW2), but the grainyness and lack of contrast for all the units (especially on rural maps) just causes me to overlook many a unit.
How do you guys cope with this?
This is a video playing the CD enchanced version of the game. Maybe you like that version a little better ?
Quote from: Yskonyn on April 04, 2020, 12:06:43 PM
So, I've tried to play this several times now (WW2), but the grainyness and lack of contrast for all the units (especially on rural maps) just causes me to overlook many a unit.
How do you guys cope with this?
Yeah, 800x600 is painful to play. You need to purchase the CD or enhanced version, that opens up all the resolutions. There is still a problem with the game being stuck with a 256 color palette, but at least you can get high resolutions which makes the game highly playable IMHO. I still think it is the best tactical PC war game available, especially playing PBEM...and worth looking past the "ugly".
Shrapnel has done us a great service keeping this game limping along and even improving into the 21st century. I am real curious to see how 2x3 games spiritual successor comes out...going to take quite a bit to come up with a game with this much detail and info. If anybody can do it Grigsby and 2x3 can ...especially since Gary Grigsby was the designer of the original Steel Panthers.
Did Matrix have Spwaw on sale over the winter for the General edition?
I do own the enhanced CD edition, though.
The nationality flag overlay helps, but it detracts from the game I find.
Do you guys actively toggle it?
I use the small ID flags on top.