GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Destraex on April 04, 2020, 12:29:53 AM

Title: Post Scriptum - Normandy/Carentan Trailer - Chapter III reveal
Post by: Destraex on April 04, 2020, 12:29:53 AM
Well I was disappointed to see Normandy being done yet again in a first person shooter.
However Post Scriptum no doubt will do it as realistically as possible.
In the clip we see a lot more American Vehicles. THe M10 Wolverine and the Hellcat specifically.
The Germans get the Fallschirmjager Paratroopers to play with.

We see landing craft and the beaches of normandy in the trailer as well as paratroopers jumping. THere was only one map in post scriptums previous releases that allowed jumping out of an aircraft so I don't expect too much here. But we should have one map at least with landing craft and one with para drops.

No British seen in either the recent chapter II early France release or this trailer for Normandy.  But I will excuse this because the first chapter had British and Polish Paratroopers.

Title: Re: Post Scriptum - Normandy/Carentan Trailer - Chapter III reveal
Post by: Zulu1966 on April 04, 2020, 04:25:15 AM
Jeez. If they could make combat mission look like that I would sell my house to buy it....
Title: Re: Post Scriptum - Normandy/Carentan Trailer - Chapter III reveal
Post by: Rayfer on April 04, 2020, 06:53:06 AM
Des....is the video cinematic or actual game play?
Title: Re: Post Scriptum - Normandy/Carentan Trailer - Chapter III reveal
Post by: Destraex on April 06, 2020, 04:51:23 PM
Rayfer judging by what they did for their French trailer teaser earlier, it's rendered rather than gameplay. However I don't think gameplay looks much different where you see the infantry, I think the render is their to get some of the more unusual scenes into the trailer. For instance your not going to start up in the clouds in a c47, but the game has so far had a map where you jump from one flying at low level. You also won't get so many men on the beach at once. Some of the troop animations are more varied, unique and tailored to the scene than you get in game as well.