I wanted to plug this Star Wars: Empire at War mod for Forces of Corruption because it kicks so much ass.
There are a lot of really good mods for this game, but I think I'm settling on this one as my favorite so far. The thing that makes it so good in my opinion is that while drastically enhancing the space combat, it has also drastically enhanced the ground combat, which is either totally neglected by most other mods, or ignored altogether. in fact, in most games, I would auto-resolve the ground combat element, but in AOTR 2.8, I play most of them. Some of the enhancements for the ground combat are awesome in the extreme.
The mod is available in the workshop, but check out the details here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/awakening-of-the-rebellion-2 (https://www.moddb.com/mods/awakening-of-the-rebellion-2)
:smitten:
I've been meaning to get into trying the recent (and highly competitive) mods for this game -- just too many shiny things!
Nice to have a specific recommendation with rationale, tho!
Nice find! Thanks for sharing! Will definately check this out.
Nice, my son plays this game everyday. He's in 7 year old star war's glory and the empire at war is his go to game. He's doing republic at war mod that's a total conversion for the clone wars period. I'll have to check this mod out for him.
Quote from: Skoop on April 06, 2020, 01:46:22 PM
Nice, my son plays this game everyday. He's in 7 year old star war's glory and the empire at war is his go to game. He's doing republic at war mod that's a total conversion for the clone wars period. I'll have to check this mod out for him.
That too is a great mod and is definitely on my top 5 list.
How does it enhance the space combat?
Downloaded this and some other mods from Steam. Non show up in the game initiation under "Mods". The base game, both versions, work fine. Any clue what is wrong?
Quote from: solops on April 07, 2020, 08:43:31 AM
Downloaded this and some other mods from Steam. Non show up in the game initiation under "Mods". The base game, both versions, work fine. Any clue what is wrong?
Are you loading Forces of Corruption or the base game? Most of the mods are for Forces of Corruption.
I tried both.
Quote from: solops on April 07, 2020, 09:01:16 AM
I tried both.
I don't know then. Are you running the game from Steam? Did you subscribe to the mod in the workshop or did you download from ModDB?
Steam game, Steam workshop mods, run from the Steam launcher.
Will verify cache and restart later. Gotta go get milk, eggs and sugar.
Quote from: solops on April 07, 2020, 08:43:31 AM
Downloaded this and some other mods from Steam. Non show up in the game initiation under "Mods". The base game, both versions, work fine. Any clue what is wrong?
Many mods require some extra steps. This is an example for Clone Wars but some mods need extra launch options like mentioned in step 5.
How to Install The Clone Wars mod in SWEAW
1. Have the prerequisites: You need a Steam account, You need SWEAW Forces of Corruption, and an extracting program such as "WinRAR.
2. Download the mod from this website:
" http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-clone-wars/downloads/star-wars-the-clone-wars-version-40" in the mirrors section
3. Go to your browser download page, then extract the file using your extracting program
4. Place the file onto your Steam folder, starting from Programfiles(86x)->Steam->Steamapps->common->Star Wars Empire at War-> corruption-> Mods
If you do not have a folder named "Mods", create one in the Corruption folder
5. Go to your steam library, Hit SWEAW, hit propertys, hit "Set launch options". In launch options, place
"swfoc MODPATH=MODS/star_wars_clone_wars_IV"
without the "". This is the easiest step to mess up double check yourself on this step.
6. You should be good to play The Clone Wars mod. If you have any questions, please repeat the steps. Make sure to launch SWEAR Forces of corruption, not the vanilla Empire vs Rebellion version
For AOTR, you do not need to add anything to the path of your .exe. However, if you don't you will need to load the mod from the main menu every time you play. I typically do not add the path because I never know which mod I'm going to feel like running.
Star Wars: Empire at War is still $20 on Steam? :o >:(
It goes on sale regularly, never fear. I picked it up for like 6.00 IIRC.
My subscribed mods finally just started showing up in my game options. I did nothing. Go figure.
fyi: its time for the May the 4th Be with You sales of Star War games.
Star Wars Empire at War: Gold Pack is on sale for $7 on Steam and Gog. O0
Bought and gifted a copy to one of my girls. I gave my son a copy during last year's sale.