GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Anguille on July 10, 2020, 03:31:28 AM

Title: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: Anguille on July 10, 2020, 03:31:28 AM


Tomorrow's my B'day so i picked my all time favorite singer, Nik Kershaw (since my b'day in 1985 - 35 years). His new record is out soon (just released an EP with six songs but no videos).

I plan to play the following games:

Northgard scenario 4 and 5.

Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece new game of the month

Imperiums: Greek Wars...i may be invited to a french stream of the game so i need to get familiar with the game again (have been mostly working on the translation). Official release is at the end of the month.

Have a great weekend guys.

Stay alive.
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: Gusington on July 10, 2020, 05:43:14 AM
Happy birthday!

In honor of your birthday I will continue with my Sniper Elite 4 campaign, start the Battle Academy Western Desert campaign and perhaps play a little Brass Brigade.
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: jamus34 on July 10, 2020, 06:20:29 AM
I have my daughter's first communion this weekend, so gaming will be limited.

Most time will probably be spent with Factorio, Satisfactory and Monster Train. 
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: Dammit Carl! on July 10, 2020, 07:45:26 AM
Happy b-day, mang!

Still on the racing circuit(s), and having been out of town for the past week, I'm rrruuussstttyyy!

Stay frosty my friends!
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: W8taminute on July 10, 2020, 07:55:23 AM
Happy birthday Anguille!  I love Nik Kershaw.  Good choice for a Friday thread. 

I'll be playing Dark Souls: Remastered and some Dominions 5 PBEM.  Other than that not sure what I'll be playing over the weekend. 
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: GroggyGrognard on July 10, 2020, 10:23:50 AM
Enjoy your birthday weekend man!

On tap will be Shadow Empire, starting a new game of The Last of Us, and some Golf with Your Friends with the girlfriend.

Have some good gaming and a safe weekend, Grogs!


Groggy
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 10, 2020, 10:29:47 AM
Happy birthday, bro! Enjoy.

Not sure what the weekend will bring...been playing a hodgepodge of  stuff. Looking forward to the release of Ghosts of Tushima next week on PS4!

Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: airboy on July 10, 2020, 10:37:28 AM
Happy Birthday!

Probably going to continue Strategic Command WW1 as the Entente and Erik2's US Corps 1944-1945 campaign for Order of Battle.

Also Congrats on your daughter's first communion.  My parish is having a first communion for kids or adult converts almost every other Sunday since they could not be done during Easter.
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: jamus34 on July 10, 2020, 10:57:08 AM
Quote from: airboy on July 10, 2020, 10:37:28 AM
Happy Birthday!

Probably going to continue Strategic Command WW1 as the Entente and Erik2's US Corps 1944-1945 campaign for Order of Battle.

Also Congrats on your daughter's first communion.  My parish is having a first communion for kids or adult converts almost every other Sunday since they could not be done during Easter.

Thank you AB. Yeah this was postponed from April or May 
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: CJReich46 on July 10, 2020, 04:39:51 PM
Anguille,

Bon anniversaire. :)  Thanks for posting that video. I forgot who he was, I remember when I saw that video...wow back in Puerto Rico I think it was.

I think I might play Deity Empires.  Or Shadow Empire.  I am just not sure.
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: al_infierno on July 10, 2020, 05:15:16 PM
Happy B-day!   :bd:

This weekend will be markedly shadowy in the far reaches of space.  I'm balls-deep in a desert world campaign of Shadow Empires and actually having my first ever really strong start -- albeit on beginner difficulty and with an absurdly friendly post-apocalyptic community surrounding me, ripe for the back-stabbin' and plunderin'.   :knuppel2:  It's possible my logistical network might not completely collapse before the first major war!  The map generator was very kind to me.

I discovered the multiplayer Discord for Dominions 5, set up a new game, and it quickly ballooned to 15 people.  I had picked EA Tien Chi, expecting no more than 6 or so people to join, but now I'm regretting my life choices as I hear they're a high-skill-ceiling nation, especially in a long slogging campaign.....  #:-)
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: Gusington on July 10, 2020, 05:27:08 PM
Balls-deep?

*clutches pearls*
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: MetalDog on July 10, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2020, 05:27:08 PM
Balls-deep?

*clutches pearls*

Are they your balls?

Quote from: CJReich46 on July 10, 2020, 04:39:51 PM
I think I might play Deity Empires.  Or Shadow Empire.  I am just not sure.

But an empire will definitely be involved.

Quote from: jamus34 on July 10, 2020, 06:20:29 AM
I have my daughter's first communion this weekend, so gaming will be limited.

Congrats on her first communion!

I will be playing some combination of Civ IV:BtS mp, Magic the Gathering:Arena, and M2TW (without Stainless Steel as, despite the disclaimer of ease of setup, I can't figure out how to do it) as Turkey.  I hate being in the path of the distant Mongols, but, I hope to have Byzantium and Egypt already in the fold when Subutai comes calling.

And happy birthday, Anguille!  I hope you spend it exactly as you wish!   <:-)
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: Gusington on July 10, 2020, 07:00:10 PM
^I should only be so lucky.
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: SirAndrewD on July 10, 2020, 07:52:46 PM
I have a long weekend of Assassin's Creed games ahead of me.  Primarily Odyssey.

My wife started playing it again on our PS4 so I have to stay ahead of her on PC.
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: Sir Slash on July 10, 2020, 09:32:18 PM
Happy Birthdays and Communions all around. I'm going to try to get in a little more time with Decisive Campaigns WtP the Sealion Campaign and making Spain great again in Medi 2 TW with Stainless Steele as Leon. My king, Pancho the Lazy, wants to take a nap instead of invading Grenada.  #:-)
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: Gusington on July 10, 2020, 09:34:50 PM
By fall I hope to have started Assassin's Creed Revelations.
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: CJReich46 on July 11, 2020, 03:03:24 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on July 10, 2020, 09:32:18 PM
Happy Birthdays and Communions all around. I'm going to try to get in a little more time with Decisive Campaigns WtP the Sealion Campaign and making Spain great again in Medi 2 TW with Stainless Steele as Leon. My king, Pancho the Lazy, wants to take a nap instead of invading Grenada.  #:-)

You mean Granada. I mean unless you "found" the new world  ;)
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: Anguille on July 11, 2020, 04:26:03 PM
Thanks guys.

Congratulation on the first communion!
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: airboy on July 11, 2020, 04:31:27 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on July 10, 2020, 09:32:18 PM
Happy Birthdays and Communions all around. I'm going to try to get in a little more time with Decisive Campaigns WtP the Sealion Campaign and making Spain great again in Medi 2 TW with Stainless Steele as Leon. My king, Pancho the Lazy, wants to take a nap instead of invading Grenada.  #:-)

If Pancho the Lazy started thinking about all of the young, nubile pugs in veils & see-through silk pantaloons he would stop napping and start invading!
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: Sir Slash on July 11, 2020, 09:33:20 PM
Pancho the Lazy got beat to GRA-NA-DA by the HRE of all people. The whole of Leon hides it's eyes in shame.  :hide: 
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: Gusington on July 11, 2020, 09:49:20 PM
SHAMEFRUL DISPRAY
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: Sir Slash on July 11, 2020, 10:56:17 PM
This guy looks to be more my type.  :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: al_infierno on July 11, 2020, 10:58:03 PM
Dang, talk about a lady killer!   :-*  Yowzah!
Title: Re: Wouldn't it be Friday
Post by: Gusington on July 12, 2020, 12:39:25 PM
Too young for you!