GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on July 17, 2020, 06:23:21 AM

Title: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: MetalDog on July 17, 2020, 06:23:21 AM


Happy weekend, Grogs!  Other than the heat wave and mowing the lawn, this weekend will have some games, too.  My ongoing games of M2TW as Turkey and the mp mess that is my Civ IV BtS game.  Some dueling will be in order in Arena.  And music.  Always music.
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: jamus34 on July 17, 2020, 06:27:47 AM
I managed to get through the craziness of the last two weeks.

Similarly besides mowing the yard also (hopefully early as hell tomorrow morning) and potentially getting the wifey a new vehicle I have lots of gaming planned.

Off the top of my head, Factorio, Satisfactory, AssCreed Odyssey, maybe some RPGs, maybe some switch gaming.

Also want to get some tabletop going either solo or with the kids.
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Rayfer on July 17, 2020, 07:19:21 AM
Excellent song choice MD.  Trying once again to wrap my old brain around CAMO this weekend. 
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on July 17, 2020, 07:23:02 AM
Investing a lot of time lately into Wreckfest and more particularly the online racing and have discovered that I'm a firm "back of the field," kind of guy.

Seeing as Vettel is getting ready to go, I may have a shot at a Ferrari slot come next year.

Drive on fellow grogs!  And stay safe!
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on July 17, 2020, 08:33:30 AM
This week has felt like a month. Glad to see it go. Love me some David Bowie too.

Will continue with my Order of Battle: Morning Sun campaign (Japan in China 1937) and perhaps some Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China.

Getting into an RPG mood so perhaps Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights: Diamond, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Diablo III and/or Dragon Age: Inquisition too as well.
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: W8taminute on July 17, 2020, 09:06:05 AM
^Flying Tigers: Shadow Over China? 

Oooh let me know if you can get it to work.  I have that game and it ran fine on my old Win7 machine but when I got my current rig which is a Win10 machine the game refuses to launch from Steam.  Can't figure out why. 
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on July 17, 2020, 09:39:34 AM
Hmm...my rig is a Windows 8.1 system and never had any issues with it. Runs like buttah.
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: GroggyGrognard on July 17, 2020, 11:04:28 AM
Excellent song choice!

Probably will take a break from wargaming this weekend. It will be Taco Saturday for us along with margaritas and beer.

I will be continuing with my new necromancer character in Diablo III and some The Last of Us. Maybe more of Golf with Your Friends with the girlfriend.

Good gaming and stay safe this weekend, Grogs!


Groggy
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 17, 2020, 11:18:36 AM
Probably a lot of PS4 with Ghosts of Tsushima that finally released! Otherwise, maybe some No Man's Sky, DCS and Ghost Recon Breakpoint with the latest 2.1 patch that added AI teammates...yes, they suck.
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on July 17, 2020, 11:21:25 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 17, 2020, 11:18:36 AM
...and Ghost Recon Breakpoint with the latest 2.1 patch that added AI teammates...yes, they suck.

Honestly, I liked that there weren't teammates in the game; made me pay more attention to things rather than, "eh, Bob'll get 'em."

If/when I ever reload the game, I'll have to give 'em a spin.
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on July 17, 2020, 02:04:46 PM
JH post impressions of Ghosts of Tsushima! I so wish it was available on PC :/
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Myrmidon on July 17, 2020, 02:13:00 PM
Ongoing Dominions 5 Multiplayer for me.  In between that, I've transitioned back to World of Warships wreaking havoc in my Furutaka and Aoba Japanese cruisers... I always forget how much fun that game is, and I don't get mean playing it like I do if I play too much World of Tanks. 

Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 17, 2020, 03:55:59 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 17, 2020, 02:04:46 PM
JH post impressions of Ghosts of Tsushima! I so wish it was available on PC :/

So far it is absolutely fantastic. I've been waiting for a new samurai title for a very long time. 

The story is very engrossing and the combat feels like it has the potential to be fairly deep and rewarding. The graphics and sounds are great and it just seems like a very mature game on the PS4. By mature, I mean it really takes advantage of the console, and I imagine that it stretches its capabilities to the limit. This is a great title to close out the catalog on the PS4.

Anyway, I've only just finished the prologue. I've got some damaged armor, my family katana and a new horse. I'm ready for revenge! 
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: MengJiao on July 17, 2020, 05:39:42 PM
Quote from: Myrmidon on July 17, 2020, 02:13:00 PM
Ongoing Dominions 5 Multiplayer for me.  In between that, I've transitioned back to World of Warships wreaking havoc in my Furutaka and Aoba Japanese cruisers... I always forget how much fun that game is, and I don't get mean playing it like I do if I play too much World of Tanks.

   For me, it looks like a World of Warships and a Hell Let Loose weekend.
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on July 17, 2020, 05:41:40 PM
Dammit JH I was hoping you would say it sucked  :-[

Hope springs eternal however as Sony has been rumored to be more open to porting their hot PS titles, including Bloodborne soon and hopefully Tsushima at some point.
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: -budd- on July 17, 2020, 06:55:49 PM
I've been putting a lot of hours into 7 Days to Die Alpha 19. I'm 60+ hours into this build, there's a lot to like. They slowed experience gain, redid the perk system[again], redid the books[again], and pretty much limited the chance of getting a real good gun early, so it's blunderbusses[which are pretty effective now up close], and perhaps a level 1 double barrel if your lucky and maybe ......maybe a level 1 handgun.....no more early toilet handguns. Ammo however, is abundant, i was rolling in all kinds of ammo early. I played with the 7 day horde for the first two then turned it off. Before day 50 i had access to all weapons and vehicles. With the experience slow down i've still got a lot of the perk tree to open, it's really better to focus then spread your points around to much. i'm actually farther along with collecting the books, i'd say i'm 2/3 throw getting them all. Always look for a book store early, just not the skyscraper headquarters, you need firepower to go through that one. The reward for doing trader quests actually are worth it early, good rewards.Traders are now in towns and cities, so no going over the country side looking for one. Think overall they made the game easier for new comers. So there will be some 7 Days to Die this weekend.

I received my alpha key for my first and only kickstarter game. Prodeus, a retro FPS in the vein of the early Doom games, sorta. Can't post any screen or vids yet but the level design is real good and the music is done by Andrew Hulshult so its fitting to topic. Think there's 5 or 6 levels in the Alpha access, i've only played two so far. The guns could use more punch and the enemies are a bit plodding so far, but it's early. So far the game speed isn't up to the doom level. The editor is really easy to use so hopefully the game takes off and has the legs of the early Doom games.

After putting a bunch of hours into Shadow Empire, i'm putting it down until Vic gets the logistic pull system where he wants it, so for my wargaming fix i'll probably throw in one of my new Tiller purchases.

Have a good weekend grogs
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Anguille on July 18, 2020, 04:44:50 AM
I continue to play:

Northgard: mission 8 and 9 for the weekend.

Also

Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece

and

Imperiums Greek Wars
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Phantom on July 18, 2020, 07:56:49 AM
A light driving weekend for me - maybe some Assetto Corsa - very neat driving game but for me its the mods that make it - racing in 1937 or 1967 is a real challenge - the models of the cars & tracks are very good and make for great replays.
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: W8taminute on July 19, 2020, 02:14:44 PM
Been looking for Ghosts of Tsushima but it is completely sold out in my area brick and mortar stores. 
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on July 19, 2020, 02:34:06 PM
You still buy physical copies??
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: CJReich46 on July 19, 2020, 03:15:38 PM
Quote from: Anguille on July 18, 2020, 04:44:50 AM
I continue to play:

Northgard: mission 8 and 9 for the weekend.

Also

Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece

and

Imperiums Greek Wars

Interesting. What are you playing on Hegemony? The Philip of Macedon campaign? Or the Peloponnesian Wars?
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: W8taminute on July 20, 2020, 07:52:23 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 19, 2020, 02:34:06 PM
You still buy physical copies??

Indeed I do but only for my PlayStation games.  I love the smell of a newly opened copy of a game and the way they look displayed on my gaming book shelf.   :)
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on July 20, 2020, 08:20:32 AM
Me too  :-[
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Anguille on July 21, 2020, 02:45:34 AM
Quote from: CJReich46 on July 19, 2020, 03:15:38 PM
Quote from: Anguille on July 18, 2020, 04:44:50 AM
I continue to play:

Northgard: mission 8 and 9 for the weekend.

Also

Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece

and

Imperiums Greek Wars

Interesting. What are you playing on Hegemony? The Philip of Macedon campaign? Or the Peloponnesian Wars?
I am playing the Philip of Macedon Campaign right now. I will play the Peloponnesian wars later. Have you played the game a lot?
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 21, 2020, 10:37:31 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on July 20, 2020, 07:52:23 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 19, 2020, 02:34:06 PM
You still buy physical copies??

Indeed I do but only for my PlayStation games.  I love the smell of a newly opened copy of a game and the way they look displayed on my gaming book shelf.   :)

I used to feel that way, but I gave up on that a long time ago, and my marriage is much happier as a result. So much less clutter around the house and no way to determine quantity of games actually purchased.
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Philippe on July 21, 2020, 01:03:45 PM
+1
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on July 21, 2020, 02:38:04 PM
Happy Wife = Happy Gaming Life.  :clap:
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: CJReich46 on July 21, 2020, 04:44:43 PM
Quote from: Anguille on July 21, 2020, 02:45:34 AM
Quote from: CJReich46 on July 19, 2020, 03:15:38 PM
Quote from: Anguille on July 18, 2020, 04:44:50 AM
I continue to play:

Northgard: mission 8 and 9 for the weekend.

Also

Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece

and

Imperiums Greek Wars

Interesting. What are you playing on Hegemony? The Philip of Macedon campaign? Or the Peloponnesian Wars?
I am playing the Philip of Macedon Campaign right now. I will play the Peloponnesian wars later. Have you played the game a lot?

I have. The Philip campaign is quite a challenge. Especially if you don't time your moves right. The Peloponnesian Wars is pretty interesting one part is you play as Athens, the other is as Sparta.  Best advice is to plan carefully.  Use the right troops for the job.
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Anguille on July 22, 2020, 07:42:38 AM
Quote from: CJReich46 on July 21, 2020, 04:44:43 PM
I have. The Philip campaign is quite a challenge. Especially if you don't time your moves right. The Peloponnesian Wars is pretty interesting one part is you play as Athens, the other is as Sparta.  Best advice is to plan carefully.  Use the right troops for the job.
I am expanding slowly as new recruits Don't appear that fast and i want to consolidate as much as i can. Which troops are you referring to? Heavy Infantery?
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: CJReich46 on July 22, 2020, 12:26:24 PM
Quote from: Anguille on July 22, 2020, 07:42:38 AM
Quote from: CJReich46 on July 21, 2020, 04:44:43 PM
I have. The Philip campaign is quite a challenge. Especially if you don't time your moves right. The Peloponnesian Wars is pretty interesting one part is you play as Athens, the other is as Sparta.  Best advice is to plan carefully.  Use the right troops for the job.
I am expanding slowly as new recruits Don't appear that fast and i want to consolidate as much as i can. Which troops are you referring to? Heavy Infantery?

What I mean is the right troops for battles. Don't use the Hypaspists (heavy infantry you get at Aegea) for field battle. They're excellent in sieges. Don't use your Phalanx troops for sieges. If you do it right you can use the Companions, The Hypaspists, a few peltast troops and of course the catapults you get are all you need for sieges.

I might have to download it and reinstall for old time's sake. ;)
Title: Re: FRI-FRIDAY
Post by: Anguille on July 24, 2020, 02:33:52 PM
Quote from: CJReich46 on July 22, 2020, 12:26:24 PM
Quote from: Anguille on July 22, 2020, 07:42:38 AM
Quote from: CJReich46 on July 21, 2020, 04:44:43 PM
I have. The Philip campaign is quite a challenge. Especially if you don't time your moves right. The Peloponnesian Wars is pretty interesting one part is you play as Athens, the other is as Sparta.  Best advice is to plan carefully.  Use the right troops for the job.
I am expanding slowly as new recruits Don't appear that fast and i want to consolidate as much as i can. Which troops are you referring to? Heavy Infantery?

What I mean is the right troops for battles. Don't use the Hypaspists (heavy infantry you get at Aegea) for field battle. They're excellent in sieges. Don't use your Phalanx troops for sieges. If you do it right you can use the Companions, The Hypaspists, a few peltast troops and of course the catapults you get are all you need for sieges.

I might have to download it and reinstall for old time's sake. ;)
Thanks for the advice! I will try to keep this in mind while playing. Actually, i have the game since 2011 but never played more than a few hours before. I think it's a great game with a great concept.

Have played the sequels as well?