GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: Centurion40 on August 14, 2012, 01:52:51 PM

Title: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: Centurion40 on August 14, 2012, 01:52:51 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/14/showbiz/obit-palillo/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Quote
(CNN) -- Actor Ron Palillo, who played class clown Arnold Horshack on the 1970s television comedy "Welcome Back, Kotter," has died at age 63, his agent said Tuesday.

Palillo died of a heart attack in the Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, area, where he had moved to live near his mother and was active in the theater, his agent, Scott Stander, told CNN.

Another Sweathog bites the dust....
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: Greybriar on August 14, 2012, 02:42:27 PM
Rest in peace, Ron.
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: W8taminute on August 14, 2012, 03:32:49 PM
First Epstein, now Horshack.  :(
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: Gusington on August 14, 2012, 07:11:49 PM
RIP :(
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: LongBlade on August 14, 2012, 07:13:57 PM
For being such a dorky show (in retrospect) it sure seems iconic.

RIP and thanks for the entertainment.
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: steve58 on August 14, 2012, 08:10:18 PM
RIP Horshack  :-[

As a side note, when I watched the show as a kid I always though  Mrs Kotter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Marcia_Strassman_1975.JPG) was kinda hot....
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: MIGMaster on August 14, 2012, 10:56:36 PM
 :( One of those classic shows that had a lasting impact on popular culture!
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: Centurion40 on August 14, 2012, 11:33:55 PM
Quote from: steve58 on August 14, 2012, 08:10:18 PM
RIP Horshack  :-[

As a side note, when I watched the show as a kid I always though  Mrs Kotter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Marcia_Strassman_1975.JPG) was kinda hot....

She was more than just kinda hot, IMHO!
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: W8taminute on August 15, 2012, 09:06:05 AM
I have to admit, I had a crush on Mrs. Kotter as well.  But I really had the hots for Pinky Tuscadero.
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: MIGMaster on August 15, 2012, 09:33:48 AM
Who didn't !

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.listal.com%2Fimage%2F3145116%2F500full.jpg&hash=84fcc1193ad7e0fd664a14723a836935227b8729)
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: Centurion40 on August 15, 2012, 01:42:10 PM
Oh yeah.  She can jump my shark, any day.
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: Staggerwing on August 15, 2012, 07:10:29 PM
Don't forget her little sister, Leather Tuscadero (Suzy Quatro):

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.film.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2010%2F07%2F32906740-32906743-large.jpg&hash=64539f751e78d69edcac8b9df7b40aa69433c760)
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: Gusington on August 15, 2012, 07:35:26 PM
Who played Mrs. Kotter? BTW Welcome Back Kotter was set at my rival high school...Lafayette High School. I went to Lincoln. Yeah no one asked but I wanted to state that anyway.
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: steve58 on August 15, 2012, 07:47:55 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 15, 2012, 07:35:26 PM
Who played Mrs. Kotter? BTW Welcome Back Kotter was set at my rival high school...Lafayette High School. I went to Lincoln. Yeah no one asked but I wanted to state that anyway.

Marcia Strassman (sp?).  See my post further up.  There's a link to her from 1975...so Did Lincoln have their version of the Sweathogs?  Were you Lincoln's Vinnie?   ;D
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: Gusington on August 15, 2012, 08:47:50 PM
My junior high school and high school friends are my closest friends to this day, 25 years later! Out of the bunch I am most definitely Horshack. Maybe with a dash of Epstein.
Title: Re: Horshack kicked the bucket!
Post by: W8taminute on August 17, 2012, 10:02:01 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on August 15, 2012, 07:10:29 PM
Don't forget her little sister, Leather Tuscadero (Suzy Quatro):

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.film.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2010%2F07%2F32906740-32906743-large.jpg&hash=64539f751e78d69edcac8b9df7b40aa69433c760)

Wowzers...forgot about Leather.  Go go gadget leg extender!