GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Grim.Reaper on October 02, 2020, 05:08:03 AM

Title: 2020 Remaining Games for me to Purchase - Yikes!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 02, 2020, 05:08:03 AM
It seems like each year I get to this point and think my wallet can finally rest through the end of the year...but looking at what is still coming out that I have interest in, geesh it's going to be a rough finish....and I am probably missing some things that I forgot about:(


October

- Star Wars: Squadrons (included in my EA subscription)
- Baldur's Gate III
- Axis Football 2021 (undecided, but likely)
- FIFA 21 (included in my EA subscription)
- NHL 21 (console -- not sure yet)
- Game of Thrones Boardgame
- ActionPC Basketball
- Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- Watch Dogs: Legion

November

- Assassin's Creed Valhalla
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (undecided, but likely)
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon (undecided, but likely)
- Football Manager 2021 (undecided, but likely)

*** This does not include me possibly getting new XBOX console and games with that

December

- Empire of Sin
- ActionPC Baseball

Unknown Date (possible in 2020)

- Wings Over Flander Field (next upgraded version)
- Knights of Honor 2 (skeptical it will actually be released by end of year even though says it)
- Wolverine Studio's Pro Basketball Game
Title: Re: 2020 Remaining Games for me to Purchase - Yikes!
Post by: fran on October 02, 2020, 05:39:20 AM
That's a lot of $$$$  :hide:

On the other hand, I don't feel too guilty about my game spend now.
Title: Re: 2020 Remaining Games for me to Purchase - Yikes!
Post by: Gusington on October 02, 2020, 06:35:52 AM
This is an evil thread.

(https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nxmsV32Pixw/WI3mmUbIWhI/AAAAAAAAQoc/oRAv7j0JyCMJbaxIZJiL59v8HH7GzbTFwCLcB/s1600/SutherlandInvasion.jpg)
Title: Re: 2020 Remaining Games for me to Purchase - Yikes!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 02, 2020, 06:37:45 AM
Yep, I was actually very surprised to see how many being released that I wanted....I thought it was going to be a quiet end to the year.
Title: Re: 2020 Remaining Games for me to Purchase - Yikes!
Post by: Anguille on October 02, 2020, 06:55:58 AM
So far i am good. No games i want to buy this year. The games i want have not been released yet. 2021 seems like a good year for me.

- Knights of Honor 2
- Horizon 2
- Stronghold Warlords
- Distant Worlds 2
- Lords of Rigel
- Humankind

Also:

- Various city-builders that are being worked one: Egypt, Ancient Greece etc.
Title: Re: 2020 Remaining Games for me to Purchase - Yikes!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 02, 2020, 07:11:42 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 02, 2020, 06:55:58 AM
So far i am good. No games i want to buy this year. The games i want have not been released yet. 2021 seems like a good year for me.

- Knights of Honor 2
- Horizon 2
- Stronghold Warlords
- Distant Worlds 2
- Lords of Rigel
- Humankind

Also:

- Various city-builders that are being worked one: Egypt, Ancient Greece etc.

Steam still has 2020 as release for Knights of Honor 2, so your not out of the water yet:)  Although I highly doubt it with very little chatter on it so far....
Title: Re: 2020 Remaining Games for me to Purchase - Yikes!
Post by: Rayfer on October 02, 2020, 07:18:09 AM
GR
....not only could I not afford to buy that volume of games the rest of this year but how do find the time to play that many in addition to those you already play?   :-\ :-[ :o
Title: Re: 2020 Remaining Games for me to Purchase - Yikes!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 02, 2020, 07:21:40 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on October 02, 2020, 07:18:09 AM
GR
....not only could I not afford to buy that volume of games the rest of this year but how do find the time to play that many in addition to those you already play?   :-\ :-[ :o

Who plays them:)  I am largely an impulse buyer that rarely ever fully completes a game.....just like new shiny things:)  Keep saying I'll get to them.....I doubt I will end up with all of these, but more than I probably should.
Title: Re: 2020 Remaining Games for me to Purchase - Yikes!
Post by: Anguille on October 02, 2020, 08:22:11 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 02, 2020, 07:11:42 AM
Quote from: Anguille on October 02, 2020, 06:55:58 AM
So far i am good. No games i want to buy this year. The games i want have not been released yet. 2021 seems like a good year for me.

- Knights of Honor 2
- Horizon 2
- Stronghold Warlords
- Distant Worlds 2
- Lords of Rigel
- Humankind

Also:

- Various city-builders that are being worked one: Egypt, Ancient Greece etc.

Steam still has 2020 as release for Knights of Honor 2, so your not out of the water yet:)  Although I highly doubt it with very little chatter on it so far....
I don't think they are going to release this year. They have been hiring new staff in the last few months so my guess i really next year.
Title: Re: 2020 Remaining Games for me to Purchase - Yikes!
Post by: Gusington on October 02, 2020, 08:45:04 AM
If KoH2 was actually released this year that would almost make 2020 less of a shit show.
Title: Re: 2020 Remaining Games for me to Purchase - Yikes!
Post by: JasonPratt on October 02, 2020, 09:01:22 AM
NOT
PESSIMISTIC
ENOUGH!

Knights of Honor 2 will release this year, in an early-access pre-alpha state.  >:D
Title: Re: 2020 Remaining Games for me to Purchase - Yikes!
Post by: Rayfer on October 02, 2020, 09:53:37 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 02, 2020, 07:21:40 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on October 02, 2020, 07:18:09 AM
GR
....not only could I not afford to buy that volume of games the rest of this year but how do find the time to play that many in addition to those you already play?   :-\ :-[ :o

Who plays them:)  I am largely an impulse buyer that rarely ever fully completes a game.....just like new shiny things:)  Keep saying I'll get to them.....I doubt I will end up with all of these, but more than I probably should.

Well, I must confess, I'd be right there with you if I could afford it.